Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The lessons we learn from movies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 233 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:15:22 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
Inspired ny Beauty & the Beast last night, the police/hero of the story will almost always talk a jumper down from the ledge or talk a decent person out of shooting the person they just found enough evidence to put away.

Leathal Weapon would be a noteable exception and in that vein I'm pretty sure I've seen one with an airbag in place of a pool to break the fall.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 11:42:55 AM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
See Armageddon

See Las Vegas: Season Four

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:32:05 PM PST
D. Larson says:
After the tough chick stitches up your wounds using fishing line and a needle sterilized with a splash of Jack Daniels, you will never develop a raging infection or full-blown septicemia. You'll be fine! Probably won't even leave a scar.

And anyway, despite all the nerves and arteries and veins and tendons and ligaments and things going through your upper left shoulder, being shot there is perfectly safe. You'll just wear a sling for a couple days, and have no lasting effects. Certainly no months of rehab.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:31:07 AM PST
Always do a property check/past history search before buying a new home to make sure that it wasn't built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:02:32 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
"You moved the headstones but didn't move the bodies!!! You moved the headstones but didn't move the bodies!!!!!!!!!!!"

Smart real estate tactic for sure....

Or maybe confim that it has never housed a meth lab (Breaking Bad), and there is no well in the basement with lotion, a hose and a basket next to it, or maybe even that their isn't any sort of evil appartion/ominous force that provoked the previous neigbors to move out (Ammityville Horror).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:48:44 AM PST
Yes, most definitely. Especially if the house is a steal. If they're practically giving it away then you know something's up.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:52:29 AM PST
D. Larson says:
And speaking of Native American burial grounds, remember, "Louis, sometimes dead is bettah!"

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:48:07 AM PST
When exploring a new uncharted planet and you happen to chance upon some kind of egg-like pods or alien lifeform; don't get too close to them to get a better look, and never listen to the guy who says that they need to be taken back to the ship for further study.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:11:06 AM PST
stevign says:
1) Never watch Adam Sandler movies.

2) Revolvers hold more that 6 bullets.

3) Never get out of the boat!

4) If you are having problems with a girlfriend, talk to a Gay guy, he'll help you solve it.

5) Old Black men and Indians are always wise.

6) Women (even little girls) are always smarter than men.

7) Don't give up. No matter how much weaker a bad guy is, you will never win until the last 30 seconds of the fight.

8) Prostitutes have hearts of gold.

9) Resistance is futile.

10) Kenny will die.

11) Napalm in the morning smells pretty good.

12) The usual suspects will be rounded up.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:21:20 AM PST
stevign says:
When someone asks you if you feel lucky, always watch his other hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGouKfBXRMg

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:36:03 AM PST
When out on a family vacation and making a quick stop at a remote gas station for a fill-up and the crazy old attendant tells you to stick to the main roads, just listen to him.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:36:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 10:36:47 AM PST
Laust Cawz says:
If you're a social worker, never assume that an architect who brings his 5-year-old daughter into the hospital for a little bump on the head must be a child-beater (even if there are 3 out of 5 warning signs)--YOU WILL REGRET IT!! ("Improper Channels")

No matter how idealistic a teacher you are, never send one of your students to fight in a war with her brother, when her brother is fighting for the other side. ("The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie")

The butler didn't do it. The Maid did. ("Murder By Death")

Don't try to shut down the performance of a play addressing the formation of labor unions. It won't work, even if you're the head of the Federal Theatre Project. ("Cradle Will Rock")

If you're a newspaper reporter, ignore the guy who's trying to leak a story to you, supposedly implicating an innocent mobster's son in a murder. ("Absence Of Malice")

She used to be a guy. ("Soapdish")

If you build a time machine, make sure to keep it away from your best friend, who's really Jack The Ripper. ("Time After Time")

Never be content to be locked in the attic, while your mother plots your demise.
("Flowers In The Attic")

Don't assume that guy with the sword in his cane isn't dangerous just because he's blind.
("Blind Fury")

Don't move from the city into the "beautiful" countryside. A dangerous, deadly, Venezuelan spider might end up hitching a ride to your town & set up housekeeping. ("Arachnophobia")

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 10:50:23 AM PST
If you're stranded on a desert island, don't assume your wife will be wanting to be with you when you return.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 7:13:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 7:47:41 AM PST
I learned that Imperial Stormtroopers with all of their battle training, advanced technology, lazer blasters, Scout Walkers etc. are no match for a bunch of backwoods Teddy Bears with sharpened sticks and rocks. - Return of the Jedi

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:20:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 7:20:45 AM PST
man, I needed a good laugh....you made my day

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:46:43 AM PST
:]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:59:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 10:59:36 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
I'm not saying it's the same but in all fairness the better armed settlers didn't do to well against the native americans on many occasions who were mostly using sticks & stones from the tree tops. I don't know how much "clunky" armor would've made a difference since we had that in medevil times & more or less abandoned it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 1:01:01 PM PST
Not to mention what some of those Native American tribes would have done to the Stormtroopers. I'd rather take my chances against the Ewoks anyday.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 10:40:39 AM PST
RichieV says:
I learned that Fat Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 11:25:46 AM PST
I learned that you can't trust the government with a global disaster.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 2:55:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 4:12:21 PM PST
RichieV says:
I learned from movies that to be successful at dodge ball you must learn the five D's: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:10:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 8:11:49 PM PST
RichieV says:
I learned from movies; if you wish to successfully ski the K-12 you must go that way really fast, if something get's in your way... turn. (Better Off Dead)

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 10:30:01 PM PST
stevign says:
I learned that............

1) Death takes holidays.

2) Never rub another man's rhubarb.

3) Death plays chess.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 10:23:40 AM PST
When you work for baddies and get hurt you get kicked out of a moving vehicle land, air or sea.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 9:56:24 AM PST
Laust Cawz says:
"If you're stranded on a desert island, don't assume your wife will be wanting to be with you when you return."

...on the other hand, you've got a pretty good shot if you found buried treasure, but then again, if she wasn't gonna be there for you, anyway, maybe you should explore other options.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  233
Initial post:  Oct 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions