10 Worst Films Ever Made

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 303 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 8, 2012 2:33:38 PM PDT
D. Stepp says:
Off the top of my head:
A.I. (Spielberg)
Mission to Mars (DePalma)
Fay Grim (which has the double demerit of destroying Henry Fool in retrospect) (Hartley)
Revolver (G. Ritchie)
Clash of the Titans (remake)
Chocolat
The Haunting (1998)
Fantastic Four 2
Mallrats
Chasing Amy

Who in the world would call Full Metal Jacket a bad film? let alone one of the worst?

Posted on May 8, 2012 2:52:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 2:53:00 PM PDT
So bad it's bad:

Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
The End of Evangelion
The Fred movies
Garbage Pail Kids
Good Luck Chuck
A Kid in King Arthur's Court
Norbit
Patch Adams
Seven Pounds
Titanic (both animated movies)

So bad it's good:

Battlefield Earth
Catwoman
Glen or Glenda
The Happening
The Ice Storm
The Marine
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Reefer Madness
The Room
Troll 2
Turkish Star Wars

So bad it's art:

Freddy Got Fingered

Okay, some of my choices here are a tad controversial, and I'm sure there are a few films here and there that have gone right over my head.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 6:43:25 PM PDT
P. R. Blay says:
I'd add all of yours to my list except Star Trek and Fail Safe. Most people dislike Fail Safe because of its pacing. It is a really slow moving film. I would love to see a directors cut of Event Horizon. I bet it would make a big difference.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 6:48:16 PM PDT
P. R. Blay says:
The Fred movies! hahahahaha So bad I wish I'd shoot myself in the head for knowing they exist.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:15:13 PM PDT
Roy Zander says:
In our home, we've seen Your Highness at least twice - the teenagers even more. The humor is adolescent but outrageously hilarious. A few original ideas, too.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:17:21 PM PDT
I walked out of the movie theater for Home Alone 2 and, years later, Inception.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:46:51 PM PDT
Roy Zander says:
MG: - Inception - WALKED OUT???
That show kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I didn't comprehend it fully until another viewing.!

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:57:03 PM PDT
Yeah, I walked out.

To be fair to me, it wasn't my idea. My boyfriend was more into the movie than I was. I volunteered to go to sleep and nap through it, but he threw a conniption fit at that idea, and he got up and left the theater. As he was my ride home, I followed him out.

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:06:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 8:07:03 PM PDT
I dislike very few films I see. It's not that I have no standards, but I read reviews before going to a film, and the ones that are abysmal are usually designated such by the critics. And so I avoid 'em.

Some turkeys do slip by. St. Elmo's Fire. Oh, Lordy, was that heinous. Town and Country. GAAAAAHHH!!!!!

And I too walked out of Inception. I was on the edge of my chair, too, but it was because of that damn special "you are there" effects-enhanced sound system. Somebody drops a hankie onscreen and you feel a thud in your hindquarters. It was so jarring I was in a foul mood in thirty seconds.

But I hated the movie, too. I like Leo and Ellen Page, but no thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:10:06 PM PDT
Mischief Girl:

You didn't ask us, and you might not want to hear this, but I think you need to give that boyfriend the heave-ho, if you haven't already. Good guys don't have conniption fits in public.

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:18:21 PM PDT
Beartooth says:
Two off the top of my head:

Powder - Pasty white kid product of lightning strike on his mom - ugh
Jade - David Caruso movie.

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:48:35 PM PDT
Balok says:
Once again, people are getting into silly arguments because of poor definitions (one step up from Pronoun Trouble, I suppose). By "the worst film ever made," does one mean a film made by talentless amateurs that doesn't even *look* like a real film (something like, say, _The Blair Witch Project_), or does one mean a real film made by nominal professionals that somehow escaped the studio's quality control department (something like, say, _Mr. Wrong_)?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:38:04 PM PDT
J. Devereaux says:
Crank, Goonies, Grown ups, Pretty in Pink, Pall Blart, Vegas Vaction, Twilight saga---DO NOT AGREE!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:41:55 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
>C. J. Vasta says: "Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Fail Safe
Making Mr. Right"<

I hope for your sake this is a joke list.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:52:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 11:55:35 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 12:39:33 AM PDT
Ms. Brentano says:
@C.J. Vasta - You share a dislike with my mom. She hates Fail Safe too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 12:57:49 AM PDT
Ms. Brentano says:
@W. David English - Critics can, on occasion, be wrong. I've seen bad reviews for films when they are released, only to see them appreciated later on by fans and become cult, or even mainstream classics. Not everyone liked 2001 when it originally came out, for example (probably because they didn't understand the ending).

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 1:36:45 AM PDT
Balok says:
@JB:

> It's a shame, because I really liked 'Memento'.

I actually liked _Memento_ as well, although I seem to recall that there's at least one continuity error regarding the time sequence of Carrie Anne Moss's bruises.

Posted on May 9, 2012 3:42:10 AM PDT
Movie Mania says:
When ever I think of 10 worst films lists you should only include films that thought they were art but were kwap. Especially films that were hailed by the critics and rejected by the public. (The two films that come to mind are Crash and Born on the Fourth of July) Big films with wide releases that the critics lauded but the public did not want to see.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 4:09:17 AM PDT
Balok says:
@Movie Mania:

> Big films with wide releases that the critics lauded but the public did not want to see.

I do not understand why popularity should necessarily be equated with quality. By your standards, _The Magnificent Ambersons_ (the movie that nearly bankrupted RKO) is one of the worst films ever made. For that matter, _Vertigo_ (nowadays generally considered to be Hitchcock's masterpiece) did poorly at the box office when it was released, although in that case, the critics didn't like it much, either.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 5:31:48 AM PDT
C.J. Vasta,

re:
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Murder By Death

The former is a deliciously wicked and dark look at Hollywood has-beens. Maybe a guilty pleasure movie but certainly not a badly rendered film.

The latter is one of the funniest things ever put on celluloid. Between Alec Guiness and Peter Sellers alone it is relentlessly hilarious.

The two movies do not belong in this thread. They're not prime examples of the worst cinematic experiences ever.

Maybe your list is movies you hate?

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 5:33:11 AM PDT
re: The Fred movies!

Does this kid suck helium before every take? He must.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 5:40:31 AM PDT
P. R. Blay,

re: The Goonies

This is one of the most fun children's adventure/comedy movies ever made. And it's got the magical Spielberg touch. Even as a mature adult I still find it delightful and nicely made for a fantasy flick, head and shoulders above many others.

There are legions of other kiddie movies that qualify for this thread's topic, yet this movie gets included? Poor call.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 5:58:56 AM PDT
Besides the delightfully bad "Plan 9 From Outer Space" I remembered some other awful specimens ...

Manos: The Hands of Fate
Billy the Kid Versus Dracula
Bride of the Monster
Mannequin
Homicidal
Popeye
Battlefield Earth
Howard the Duck
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Alvin and the Chipmunks

Posted on May 9, 2012 6:00:05 AM PDT
PS: I added the Chipmunks simply because that movie and its ilk make me want to shove a fork in my eyes and a knife in my ears.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  78
Total posts:  303
Initial post:  May 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions