Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Super-Happy Nice Chat Room

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 12:22:59 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Kacee:

You are very welcome. I shared this with you because i hoped it would help you to better understand and deal with your problems with your Aunt, and just in general. People who are hypersensitive are at an advantage and a disadvantage....an advantage because they can empathize so easily with and care about others, but at a disadvantage because sometimes it is difficult to create your own space or boundaries for your own well being, cuz you tend to suck up other people's issues and make them your own. As much as you want to help, you cannot do their work for them, if you get my meaning.

Thanks so much for your well wishes! I too am hoping my situation will improve.

Good luck and don't forget to breathe, relax, and let go and be free of things you cannot change..... Have a great day/evening! :)

Love,
Joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 12:06:47 PM PDT
Kacee says:
Joyce,
Those are words of great wisdom, and many thanks for sharing that with me. I appreciate it very much. I'm so sorry that you have been treated badly and sincerely hope that you will have great future happiness and the horrible health problems will get better.

I wish I could come along to the Transcendental Meditation sessions with you :)

Take care dear friend.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 10:52:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2014 10:53:57 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Kacee:

My life is actually up in the air right now, and very stressful because of that. I am also having health challenges which i am doing my best to pin down and resolve. I just signed up for Transcendental Meditation, and begin next Saturday, the 9th, as i am desperate to manage my stress and get my old positive self back again...i am hoping this will help me to focus on what is important, and to let go and accept what i cannot change.

As for your Aunt, i truly understand.... You can best help your Aunt by supporting her and loving her unconditionally, and allowing/ accepting her as herself. One of the hardest lessons i have had to learn is not everyone thinks and behaves as you do. I heard something yesterday as i was listening to a Swami lecture on youtube (i was raised Catholic, but am open to all religions/points of view). He said (paraphrased):

'You feel disappointed and hurt by others because you expect things from them that they are unable/unwilling to give....they are who they are...you should expect nothing from them. A dog can only act like a dog, because that is what he is...that is his nature. You cannot expect your dog to act like a person; he only knows how to be a dog. You feel wronged and hurt and upset by others because you are expecting things from them....you cannot expect them to be anything other than what they are. If you can remember this, then you are free.'

That last sentence was so profound to me, i started to cry because i long to be free from all of the pain and hurt i have experienced and i don't understand cuz i honestly did not feel i deserved it so i did not understand...i try to treat everyone with kindness and try to help others when they are hurt and in pain. When i heard him say 'If you can remember this, then you ARE FREE', i cried because i long to be free of all of it, and i felt the truth and wisdom of this simple statement...

I hope you 'feel free' as well, and are able to let go of being responsible for other people's behaviors; like you must have done something wrong...you did not...it is their behavior/their 'self', not yours.

Peace, Kacee... relax and just continue to be yourself. That is all you need to do. :)

Love,
Joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 10:31:22 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Hi Joyce,

Thank you so very much for your kind words and sound advice, I appreciate it a lot.

My aunt has got a lot of worries and she is getting forgetful, so I want to give her my support and love forever no matter what happens.

I've got to stop worrying about things and keep positive.

I hope you are having a good weekend and life is looking good for you and your children. xox

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2014 9:56:29 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Kacee:

I would not mention the birthday card, but simply tell her you have noticed she seems upset about something, and that you are concerned...can you help in any way. If that does not work, then there is nothing further you can do but continue to treat her kindly and move on.

We all get busy in our lives and don't always acknowledge everything other people may do for us. What you may have 'supposedly done' is not a great sin or something unforgivable that should forever taint you relationship with your Aunt, so even if that is it, it is a trifle and silly of her to continue to hold a grudge towards you or your daughter. If that is it and you reach out to her and she remains angry, there is nothing more you can do. It becomes her issue, and not yours.

Hope this helps. No one is perfect, and always considerate all the time. It seems to me you are more considerate than most, so i would say it is not your fault. You should not blame yourself, and are not responsible for other people's behaviors.

Love,
Joyce

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 9:20:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2014 9:22:24 AM PDT
Kacee says:
I hope everyone doesn't mind me posting this here in the Happy room as it's not something happy but a problem that's been worrying me a bit.

I can sense my auntie has been a bit cross with me over the past few months and I have realised why. It could be due to the fact that she sent a birthday card for my daughter's birthday back in May. I suspect she has been annoyed that we haven't thanked her, but we didn't receive a card from her. I think it went astray in the post.

I'm apprehensive to raise the query with her, but I think I should to clear the air?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:44:35 PM PDT
Kacee says:
Ahmad,
Have a lovely time :)

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 12:07:17 PM PDT
Goal Hum says:
"Its gonna be warm and humid"

Hmmmm. Stop it Ahamd!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 12:04:35 PM PDT
Ahmad says:
Kacee,
I am off tomorrow to Malaysia for a week. Its gonna be warm and humid, but who cares :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 10:32:23 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Thankyou Joyce,
Hopefully it won't be too much of a chore and will go smoothly. Hope everything else is going alright for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 10:31:07 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Ahmad
thankyou, do you have a vacation to look forward to this summer?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 6:15:55 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Kacee:

All sounds good to me. Hope u enjoy. Unfortunately, our vaca is almost at an end...back to the grind mid August.

Love,
Joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 2:45:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2014 2:52:27 AM PDT
Ahmad says:
Kacee,
My best wishes for a happy vacation!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2014 1:02:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2014 1:13:40 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Hi Joyce,
Our six weeks summer holiday starts today!! Lovely.

Places to visit list:-

London (and suburbs ie Hampton Court Palace)
Isle Of Wight
Harry Potter Studio Tour
Chawton (Jane Austen House, although we've been there a few times it's still lovely to have a picnic there and take the dog for a walk around the village)
Brighton
Beaulieu
Goodwood
Chichester
Winchester
Bath

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2014 1:03:53 PM PDT
stevign says:
I'm happy almost every day. On the other days I pay people to be happy "for" me.

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 11:41:59 AM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
It is difficult for me to come to this thread since I am seldom super-happy unless I am drunk--and I haven't been drunk in 7 or 8 years. I like reading about others who are happy though so I will keep checking back now and then.

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 11:02:36 AM PDT
stevign says:
Excuse me if I'm not being chatty I'm having breakfast.....and I'm super-happy.

Breakfast Burritos made with Chorizo
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TkQ39-Etwxw/Ull-2ftvXDI/AAAAAAAABFE/bG5Gn6f5COM/s640/IMG_8336.jpg

Spicy Hash Brown Waffles with Guacamole
http://www.tablespoon.com/~/media/Images/Articles/qd/2012/10/2012-10-23-waffle-iron-hash-browns-3-580.jpg

Bloody Mary with a couple dashes of Tabasco

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2014 7:15:00 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Kacee:

Sounds like fun! Hope u have a great time! My kids are back in school in less than a month...uck! Back to lunch making and getting up super early!

Love,
Joyce

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 12:37:05 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Joyce, I hope it will all go well and be over soon. Take care.

We're looking forward to breaking up from school next Wednesday for the summer holidays. We hope to go on the Harry Potter Studio Tour.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2014 7:16:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 19, 2014 9:23:16 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 5:09:35 PM PDT
Kacee says:
Joyce, I hope you are keeping well and having a good summer.

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 3:01:32 PM PDT
Kacee says:
I've noticed a few posters have faded away, and hope that they are ok and all is well.

Posted on May 28, 2014 1:37:32 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Joyce, I wondered if you like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNOF1zB5aY

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2014 3:26:25 PM PDT
stevign says:
I was never a fan of Tom Jones but these impromptu sessions with Jeff Beck, Van Morrison are kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97MZWlkLpHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_pidiEEWs

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2014 3:22:55 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:

Thanks! I will! :)

Love,
Joyce
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 68 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  1676
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions