Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Favorite Arnie Movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 150 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:37:51 AM PST
stevign says:
re: "you would not have needed to ask the question."

Wouldn't "that" be nice? Fact is you wouldn't be the 1st chuckhead to cry racism when it doesn't apply. Nowadays the race card is used far too often, so it's always better to ask someone to clarify.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 10:42:37 PM PST
BackToGood says:
THE TERMINATOR

Arnie is perfection in this flick as the emotionless cyborg from the future. And it was NOT an easy role to play! I felt like the latter "bad" Terminators in 2 and 3 TRIED to look menacing, while Arnie in the original Terminator WAS menacing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 7:09:32 AM PST
FallenMarvel says:
Granted in T2 & T3 he was a protector instead of assassin. I forget. Were each T-101 more advanced from the previous in each movie? I always wondered.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 7:30:30 AM PST
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
Hey, Guys, go check out his new movie, The Last Stand. It was really good, and I'm not just saying that because I'm an Arnie fan. The movie is definitely worth going to see.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 8:21:21 AM PST
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
Win a Prize Pack from THE LAST STAND!
http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2013/01/win-a-prize-pack-from-the-last-stand

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 9:50:09 PM PST
BackToGood says:
Yeah, in T2, the "bad" Terminator was some liquid metal configuration that was harder to 'terminate' than Arnie's 'obsolete' model from T1. And in T3, the female "Terminatrix" was a more advanced model of the T2 one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 12:24:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2013 12:29:26 PM PST
FallenMarvel says:
I was referring to Arnold's models. I know T-1000 and T-X were far more advanced. I was wondering if Arnold's model were supposed to be like slightly more advanced than the other. I know the T-101 models are like the footsoldiers in the machine war.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 12:39:57 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "I was wonder Arnold's model were supposed to be like slightly advanced than the other?"

The main difference was the T-1000 and T-X didn't receive a paycheck for their roles and Arnie did. Apparently the unions were pissed, SAG was pissed and even Saul wouldn't take their case.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBeQO1nBThQ

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:38:57 PM PST
Laust Cawz says:
Arnie was originally offered the role of the hero, Reese, but chose the villainous cyborg instead. A very wise choice, if you ask me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:44:48 AM PST
FallenMarvel says:
I heard somewhere that O.J. Simpson auditioned to be The Terminator. Like no joke. I'm not sure how true it is. I remember hearing it on VH1 some years back.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:55:11 PM PST
After reading through a lot of these posts I have come to the conclusion that Arnold was a GREAT movie star and a LOUSY governor. Those great one liners are just tremendous. They made me laugh all over again. My favorite Arnie movie has to be Predator. Wasnt it Jesse Ventura who says "I aint got time to bleed". Classic

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 6:42:02 AM PST
stevign says:
Glad you made the distinction between a great "movie star" and a great "actor". Arnie has never been a great actor but he does make an interesting and popular movie "star" who can make bank. As far as being Governor of California; Californians didn't know he was a Republican (a race of people despised in CA), they thought they were voting for him to be the official Hollywood Greeter......kind of like Walmart.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 2:12:52 AM PST
Balok says:
@stevign:

> Californians didn't know he was a Republican (a race of people
> despised in CA)

I see that California politics is another subject about which you are ignorant. (Hint: what party did the two presidents from California belong to?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 5:54:06 AM PST
stevign says:
My point of course was a combination of sarcasm and truth, I'm sorry that went over your head but I don't think a couple ex-presidents being from California lessens my point. By the way, if you count presidents by state of primary affiliation you would need to add Herbert Hoover. If you eliminate any who were not native Californians, subtract Reagan and Hoover.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 9:31:23 PM PST
Balok says:
@stevign:

> My point of course was a combination of sarcasm and truth,

It was about 98% sarcasm and 2% truth.

> I'm sorry that went over your head

It didn't go over my head -- you were making a joke about the stereotypical Californian. I was just pointing out that it was a stereotype, as anyone who has actually lived in California could tell you.

> but I don't think a couple ex-presidents being from California lessens my point.

The fact that Nixon and Reagan were both Californians and had been elected to public office by Californians (Nixon to Congress as an anti-Communist and Reagan as governor on a "fire the commies and chop down the redwoods" platform) -- not to mention who was behind Prop. 13 -- indicates that there are far more Republicans in California, and they wield far more political power, than your stereotype would have it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 10:03:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 10:04:22 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "It was about 98% sarcasm and 2% truth"

Says you.

re: "you were making a joke about the stereotypical Californian"

And as a one of the most liberal states in the union, there are far more stereotypical liberals than you would care to admit.

re: "as anyone who has actually lived in California could tell you."

Not caught up on all the post yet huh? I told someone here shortly afterward that I have lived in both southern and northern California in the past.

re: "The fact that Nixon and Reagan were both Californians"

Yes, about that, Reagan grew up in the mid-west and as we all know, those are the formative years.

"Born in Tampico (1911), ILLINOIS, and raised in Dixon, Reagan was educated at Eureka College, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and sociology. After graduating, Reagan moved first to IOWA to work as a radio broadcaster and then, in 1937, to Los Angeles where he began a career as an actor." ~ Wiki

I suggest you stop whining and if you don't like my jab at Californian's radical Liberalism, then retire to your pout corner.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:04:32 AM PST
my personal fav is Predator. such an eerie atmosphere....the final showdown between arnold and the predator is epic...definitely a macho movie. carl weathers is great too

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 11:12:32 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 29, 2013 11:43:36 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 9:23:51 AM PST
FallenMarvel says:
Predator has to be the top macho action flick. It was different to see the tables get turned on the macho guys for a change. Predator mauled everyone. Arnold just got lucky.

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 10:14:47 AM PST
i think Predator is very underrated. When John McTiernan directed Die Hard in '88, its massive popularity overshadowed predator, a very impressive debut effort. ps...die hard is one of my fav movies ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 10:30:18 AM PST
stevign says:
Predator is easily one of his better films.

Posted on May 16, 2016 6:51:17 AM PDT
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
Arnold Schwarzenegger | From 17 To 69 Years Old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVLgQj8tVXE

Posted on May 16, 2016 6:59:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2016 6:59:31 AM PDT
Jingle All The Way--because it's really funny! :)

Posted on May 16, 2016 9:59:29 AM PDT
W.T. Keeton says:
I've always been partial to Kindergarten Cop. There have been several movies made over the years putting action hero types in more domesticated surroundings because the juxtaposition is inherently funny(Suburban Commando, The Pacifier, etc), but Kindergarten Cop was first and is the only one that wasn't horrible. And in fact, it's very entertaining in large part thanks to the kindergartners themselves. The filmmakers were wise enough to just let Arnold be the straight man and freely allow the kids to steal every scene they wanted.

The nice balance of cuteness, humor, action and romance makes it a very rewatchable movie; there's something appealing in it no matter your mood. Any time I stumble across it on cable, I'm probably going to watch it until the end.

Posted on Jun 27, 2016 7:38:51 AM PDT
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER - AFTER They Were Famous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD3_wEPSIk
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
One Degree of Separation - Season Five 3916 1 minute ago
Movie Game! Ten Movies Where . . . (June 2016) 926 8 minutes ago
The top ten anything thread 7037 41 minutes ago
Celebrities that look alike 509 45 minutes ago
Who Shouldve Won The Oscar-1970s 49 56 minutes ago
Exciting/unusual FIlm clips. 78 1 hour ago
"Star Trek: Beyond" 186 2 hours ago
Westerns 452 2 hours ago
The movie review thread for people who don't write movie reviews so well 390 2 hours ago
TV Talk 4327 5 hours ago
Alibi Lounge II: Cast Iron 3021 6 hours ago
Pick One of Two Then Pose Another Pairing.... 297 6 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions