Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Who are you?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 135 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2012 10:57:10 AM PDT
I will relocate the ongoing debate here.

After point 3, you've successfully erased any possible lingering doubt in my mind. You are Pastor.

Point 9 - Pastor has no reviews. At least, his profile is blank. Go and fix that, gordo.

--
1) Gordo is the only person on the planet who cares about the Lion King.
2) Pastor cares about the Lion King.
3) Gordo is Pastor.
--

The only "personality" difference between Gordo and Pastor is "they're" playing good cop, bad cop. Easy peasy.

--

Gordo makes reference to Pastor's reviews. Okay, I'll play along, I'll click on Pastor's profile to read his reviews. Oh, wait, I can't, Gordo forgot to take Pastor's profile off private to provide "evidence" for his arguments. Huh.

Oh, let's see, Pastor likes Metallica, lemme check there.
--

And I hope I live long enough to see Occam's Razor to be recognized as being a fallacy.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:58:46 AM PDT
IQ test question

Complete the following pattern:

1) Gordo uses wolfbrother and kibo as sockpuppets
2) Someone calls him on it
3) Gordo denies it
4) eventually, gordo gives up wolfbrother and kibo disappear
5) eventually, gordo admits to having been wolfbrother and kibo
6) To replace wolfbrother and kibo, gordo uses sarah dunbar* as a sockpuppet
7) Someone calls him on it
8) Gordo denies it
9) eventually, Gordo gives up and sarah disappears
10) eventually, gordo admits to having been sarah
11) to replace sarah, gordo uses pastor as a sockpuppet
12) someone calls him on it
13) gordo denies it

--
Apparently, he also pulls this same stuff on the Video Games forums, so someone informed on the topic could add even more names to the list

*Refresh your memory on his imitation of a prudish old biddy on the Over-rated Animated game. It's really quite funny.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:00:48 AM PDT
Re: Point 7 the Disney Animation Thread.

You can ignore this entire post if you are a firm believer in Occam's Razor, because the following is "just too darn complicated."

First, let's assume that Gordo and Pastor are actually two seperate people. Pastor is someone we've never seen before, so he's new to Amazon (I can't see his reviews, so I can't tell how new he is.) He sees this movie forum and decides to create his own game. He calls it "Disney Animation Game." Now, MOST threads on the board are not "over-rated" threads. If I were completely new to Amazon and were going to make up a game:

1) Why would I make an "overrated" thread instead of a "favorite" or "best" movie thread"?
2) Why would I make an over-rated thread and not call it an over-rated thread?
2a) If Pastor actually is not Gordo, it could be an honest newbie mistake, or he just wasn't paying attention.
2b) If Pastor Is Gordo, it may have been a mistake, or
2c) Gordo delibeartely "made a booboo" to make us think Pastor is not Gordo.

So, "Pastor" starts an over-rated thread, without calling it an over-rated thread, but in the OP he gives in the instructions "The first one gone we will assume to be the most underrated, and the last one standing the most overrated." Which tells you this is an over-rated thread.

The OP is posted May 18. 5:16 AM. Nobody cares.
The second vote is - wait for it - Gordo. Three days later. He makes a "booboo" and votes down something he likes and votes up something he doesn't - because 1) He's not Pastor: he's going by the Title of the thread and ignored the instructions
or
2) He is Pastor and he did this to "throw us off the scent"
The third post is from Sloan. He's not buying any of this.
Then in Gordo's next post he "figures out" the rules.

Next, let's look at the votes.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:02:20 AM PDT
Pastor

-15 Hunchback
+12 Tangled
-6 Lion King
+6 Cinderella
+12 Pocahontas
-13 Beauty and the beast
-10 Pinnochio
+2 Sleeping Beauty
-6 Aladdin
+4 bambi
+18 Hercules
+4 Dumbo
-8 Snow White
-2 Little Mermaid
+2 Tarzan

Gordo

-10 Fantasia
-6 Lion King
+4 Pocahonta
+16 Hunchback
+11 Tarzan
-10 The Emperor's New Groove
+14 The Little Mermaid
+12 Dumbo
-12 Sleeping Beauty
-8 Dalmations
+6 bambi
-6 Jungle Book
-10 Mulan
-2 Tangled

I will let you analyze this data for yourself. I believe even Mr. Occam would say-

There are only one of two possibilities:
1) Pastor = Gordo (and thus, cheating)
2) Pastor and Gordo actually are two seperate people, but are colluding (i.e. cheating)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:15:57 AM PDT
On the top ten anything thread, Gordo posted

"PS: That's only two people playing on a regular basis. That means I technically wouldn't want to overlap my votes with his because that would result in the game getting locked up."

This is in reference to the Disney game. Yes, and the "two" of you didn't overlap FROM THE VERY START of the game. BEFORE it was obvious that there would only be (primarily) the two of you voting.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:26:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 3:19:22 PM PDT
On the top ten anything thread gordo posted

"then they really shouldn't have to police and harrass every newcomer until they come across an account that really is me."

What other newcomers are we "policing" and "harassing"? I might imagine that cube (with the daffy duck picture on his profile), cubicle (with the daffy duck picture on his profile) and "Keep 'em guessing" MIGHT be you*, but there really isn't enough data to tell, and I haven't "harassed" them.

*Edit: or Keith J. Burrill, Colorado
or P. M. I.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 11:26:25 AM PDT
Uh, no, because most people on the planet that's actually seen it like, or even love, The Lion King. It's Disney's fourth most popular brand to date (behind Mickey Mouse and the gang, Winnie the Pooh, and the Disney Princess line in descending order), it made over $200 million worldwide on theatrical reissue (taking its total grosses to almost a billion worldwide), and it's highly acclaimed on Rotten Tomatoes. For points one and two to work, The Lion King had to bomb pretty bad on initial release, it'd have to be condemned critically (what's that? Two Oscars?), and nobody ever looks back on it again.

Oh, and I don't have any reviews on my profile either. If you want to look at either mine or Pastor's reviews, go to the movie thread titled 'Your Review of the Last Movie You Watched.' Minus the quotation marks, every single solitary letter is used to describe this thread, and on pages 274 and 275 respectively, you can see two contrasting styles of reviews that he and I possess.

And for this pattern to work, I'd eventually have to give up Pastor and admit to being him. That will never happen, and if anything, Pastor will only leave when he feels like it.

Everything else is obsessive at best, and the pattern on the Disney animated thread has absolutely no rhyme, rhythm, or anything else that can be considered poetic, especially since only Pastor and I frequent that particular thread on a daily (or near-daily) basis. Of course, I would try not to overlap his upvotes with my downvotes as much as I can, and I reached the point where it just isn't possible anymore. That's why the two of us decided to plan out what movies to downvote next.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:30:02 AM PDT
On the top ten anything thread, Gordo wrote

"If anything, Cilantron, Sloany, Baker, Andrew A, and all my other dectractors should be the ones apologizing to me."

I am sincerely, deeply, truly sorry that you feel compelled to do what you do.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:31:00 AM PDT
Cilantron--get over it.

Take a pill.

Read a book.

Watch a film.

Play cards.

Sheesh, how trivial can you be?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 11:38:27 AM PDT
"Of course, I would try not to overlap his upvotes with my downvotes as much as I can"

FROM

THE

START

OF

THE

GAME

Give up. already.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 11:42:19 AM PDT
I'm gratified that on the "top ten anything" thread you imply (without stating explicity) that you now concur that Gordo=Pastor.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:44:01 AM PDT
who are you, what a great song from the rock group the who. If you really want a bad reviewer you go back to the days when they allowed you to post many reviews on the same item. the reviewer now called 'a customer' did the same review both from the five star and then ten one star reviews. amazon ejected him finally from reviews. and changed all his reviews to 'a customer' he later came back though to plague us and do only one star reviews as someone else. this kid , I think. so whoever he was is the alltime worst reviewer ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:24:54 PM PDT
1) Yes, "The Who" has a lot of great songs.

2) I think that "A Customer" dude has MPD. A lot of his reviews are completely lame, but sometimes he does have good ones.

Come to think of it, my own reviews are of varying quality. Some are better than others. This is can be a reflection of how tired I am, or how much I care about a product (and thus, how much effort I want to put into the review) or various other reasons. So, yeah, just because my reviews vary in quality, this is by no means evidence that I have MPD or that my reviews are being written by two seperate people.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:33:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 2:35:12 PM PDT
Gordo continues to post on the top ten anything thread:

"Frankly, I had enough of these people who bend open admittance to previous deeds as the ultimate nail in the coffin that Pastor and I are one and the same."

No, the ultimate nail in the coffin is the Disney Animation game.

"The amusing thing is that they are passing me up as a predictable [not very intelligent person]* AND an evil mastermind at the exact same time "

I never said you weren't clever.

*Amazon has trouble with certain words occassionally.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 6:48:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 6:56:38 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
In reference to my post at the start of the 'Disney Animated Movies' game, gordo says "Sloany's comments, at the time, came off more as him mocking me for making such a mistake rather than him accusing me of being him."

The comment I made was "Gordo, you really are a muppet."

I should have spoken slower, and in simpler terms. Let me repeat, but in kids talk......

Gordo, you...are...the...Muppet!
Trying...to....make...us...think...otherwise....by...voting....wrong....is...fooling...nobody.
In....Australia....to ...call....someone...a...muppet...is...a...diss.
So....when...I....said...you...really....are...a...muppet...I....was...referring.....to....your.....attempt....at....subterfuge....AND....calling...you...a.....fool.
It...was....a...two..for...one...comment.

But you knew all this already, didn't you?

And I am very sorry, so very very sorry that you CHEAT!

Who are you? It's a good question. I have such little faith in anything related to Gordo being true that sometimes I think he is an alternate account himself! I mean....he's a little "cartoony", is he not?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 6:57:47 PM PDT
Perhaps the "true" gordo is trying to save us from ourselves by forcing us to realize how stupid these games are.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 6:59:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 7:00:44 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Oh, man . . . I thought this was a tribute forum for The Who. Do I feel cheated.
----
Okay, I will leave you boys to your existentialist debate.

Gordo/Muppet/Kibo/Sarah/Epic, etc. gives a whole new spin on Descartes' iconic statement: Cognito, ergo sum. I think, therefore I am . . .16 different alters plus a few spares?

I don't quite grasp why Sloany/JPB posse gets so upset at this "cheating'. Or more to the point, why someone would be compelled to pretend to be multiple voters just to mess with the voting. Unless I have missed something, the 'prize' for winning a movie forum game doesn't amount to a curled-up dry cleaning stub. Did you boys start awarding cruises to the Virgin Islands and a million dollars to the 'winner'?

For the record, I never thought 'Sarah' sounded remotely like a girl. "She" did sound an awful lot like Gordan, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 7:31:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 7:32:03 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
C,
Indeed! Our very souls are at stake. So I guess we SHOULD be thankful for Gordo and his questionable ethics.

H,
Not that I ever really took them [the games] seriously, or anything. I remember ages ago, a spat started on one of the old games - maybe the Hitchcock game - and A.Marshall used this quote "Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either." At the time, I thought it apt. And that quote has kinda stayed with me. So when Gordo and his MANY dummy accounts started voting in the games, it wasn't the votes that irked me, it was the character of the person who would do this that irked me, and the ethics involved. WHY would anyone do that, I thought. So, I made it my mission to reveal his puppets, and rid the games of them, not because the end result mattered, but that the spirit of the game mattered, and that the spirit of the game was being hampered (In oz, we have a saying, "It's just not cricket.", which is to say that the game should be played with the right spirit). The ethics were all wrong. I know you get that. More than once I had thought "I wish Hikari played these games, coz her two cents on all this fakery would be of value." Seriously, I've often thought that, because I know you would understand the stance against this complete lacking in ethical behavior.

I leave you with a quote from Arthur Conan Doyle....

"It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important."

A PS@prize
Even if a prize was offered, who would collect it? The winning movie? The producers of the winning movie?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 8:29:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 8:30:25 PM PDT
Hikari says:
>>>it wasn't the votes that irked me, it was the character of the person who would do this that irked me, and the ethics involved. WHY would anyone do that, I thought. So, I made it my mission to reveal his puppets, and rid the games of them, not because the end result mattered, but that the spirit of the game mattered, and that the spirit of the game was being hampered (In oz, we have a saying, "It's just not cricket.", which is to say that the game should be played with the right spirit). The ethics were all wrong. I know you get that. More than once I had thought "I wish Hikari played these games, coz her two cents on all this fakery would be of value." Seriously, I've often thought that, because I know you would understand the stance against this complete lacking in ethical behavior. <<<

While I admire the spirit of a just man as you eloquently stated above, and wholeheartedly agree with both you and Sir Arthur, I must pose the question--

Does a person whose life is so barren that he spends most of his time fabricating fictitious identities just to use them in this manner technically even 'have' a life to be held to a standard of ethics? Your righteous indignation just may be the fuel he needs to keep up with his sad little sport. As to why he is compelled to do this--maybe his psyche shattered into a hundred fragments after having his head flushed in a toilet too many times in high school.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 11:42:25 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
Well, yeah, I see your point. I mean, the behaviour here is outside the realms of normalcy so possibly the same set of ethical standards don't apply...but...with these games, there is more than one person involved. A standard that is applicable to all the other players, should by right be applicable to ALL the players. I mean, just coz Pedro Hernandez out there in left-field is known to cover himself in peanut butter and have his dogs lick it off doesn't mean that he is allowed to use an oversized mitt...or is allowed 4 strikes before he is out! Nah, same rules apply to all the players. Stepping outside these rules for personal gain is unethical. Simple as that.

As to the bullying...well, it appears that Gordo has stated he was home-schooled by his father. This is the same father who Gordo has claimed played these games too, under the name "wolfbrother". Now lets suppose this is true [that wolfbrother was indeed his dad]. This dad-O-Gordo would have been well aware that his son was using dummy accounts to manipulate the results of these games. Says a lot. But lets now suppose that his dad WASN'T aware of the dummy accounts. If this was so, it means that Gordo was lying to his own father! "No daddy, these other accounts aren't me". This option says a lot too. Either way, it's....sad.

Of course we have Option C that says wolfbrother was just Gordo all the time. So a rundown: Option A suggests that daddy was proud of his little boy and his cheating ways. Option B suggests that daddy himself was being fooled by his little boy. And Option C suggests that "wolfbrother is me daddy" is just more lies.

Holy Guacamole Batman!

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 12:50:57 AM PDT
Okay, then. I might as well call down Amazon here and try to allow them to examine this whole issue. For the sake of it, let's just have it where they analyze the connections between me and Pastor. If memory serves, there should be a way to link the two accounts together via servers.

And by the way, my dad was unaware of these accusations until I confessed to him via email. And really, making an account devoted entirely to unmasking me and failing miserably (though that's what you get when you combine flimsey ''evidence'' with a venomous discrimination) ON the movie forum of all places just goes to show that every single solitary member of Team Sloany consists of a bunch of bitter, contemptable sentimentalists that allow their anger and hatred to cloud their own judgments. Regardless of my past actions, I have every single solitary right to be here, and to participate without a police force breathing down my neck every single solitary time. And while I'm at it, so does Pastor of Muppets, whom he and I are not one and the same. We are completely unrelated strangers. Calling us the same person is like saying Barrack Obama was really Osama Bin Laden in disguise (even though I am no fan of either of them, the theory was absurd...back when the latter was still in hiding).

You guys completely lack the capacity to forgive, or even the concepts of mercy or regret. As of this moment, I am completely done with this passe of fascists. I will invite anyone who is willing to listen to my side of the story, and take my words into consideration. Good day.

And just because I made my confessions regarding Kibo, Sarah, Thims and to a lesser extent, Wolfbrother, does not equate to me being the same person as Pastor of Muppets. That is, once again, flimsy logic at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 1:00:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 1:02:25 AM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
So it's Option B: Daddy was being fooled by his little boy.

Nice one, Gordo!

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 7:00:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 7:03:08 AM PDT
"And while I'm at it, so does Pastor of Muppets, whom he and I are not one and the same."

Anyone with a brain in his/her head who sees my above analysis of the Disney thread knows irrefutably that you and Muppets are the same. So, only a couple of people here still think you're two seperate people.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:02:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 7:06:46 AM PDT
"You guys completely lack the capacity to forgive,"

Do I have to forgive you 7 x 70 times? That's a buttload of sockpuppets.

And now there's pretty good reason to suspect you're Keith J. Burrill, Colorado. Unless he's Pastor's sockpuppet, not yours.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 7:58:58 AM PDT
And again, Sloan and Cilantron:

May I suggest--get a life. Or at least direct all the animosity towards something more worthy of it.

Honestly--silly as multiple identities are (a gentle suggestion, Gordo) this hysterical reaction is more in keeping with 15 year old hormonal girls than adults.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  135
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions