Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Am I the only one sick of these "Games" in the discussion boards?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 120 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 22, 2012 7:33:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 7:34:29 PM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
It's thought provoking to realize nearly a year ago this thread held suppositions that the games would die out. Here we are nearly a year later and they are more plentiful than ever. Clearly, those gamers who see no problems with what they are doing have won.

I was checking a few of them out of curiosity to see who was playing. I got the impression that it's really only a relatively few posters who post over and over in game after game. Amazing.

Oh well, they have won. I am reconciled to this brave new world.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 3:09:24 PM PDT
Q says:
This is the most ridiculous discussion I have found so far.

If you are so disgusted by said "games," why are you obsessing over them?! Tallying them up, calculating percentages, making the same point obsessively...err, excessively. Who cares?! Now you have a thread among the first few pages, that is talking about nothing but threads on games. This is actually worse than a "game" thread. What a waste of time.

I'm new here, but I've had fun with some of the games. It's a neat pastime when you have insomnia, and I have learned a LOT about films from some of these buffs. Plus, I don't actually KNOW any of these posters, so I can pop in and out whenever I want, with no one obsessing over my whereabouts, or inundating me with endless pictures of their baby, details on what they are doing Friday night, what mood they are in, when they are taking a crap, etc. Which is the EXACT reason I detest social media sites and completely boycott them.

Here, if someone gets on your nerves, simply leave!

That being said, I'm stepping down off the soapbox, and simply leaving...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 9:34:03 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
Cilantron said almost a year ago:
"Not sick of games +
Sick of games -"

That's good. Let's play a little game underneath the dotted line. . .
Since this heinous "problem" has been brought up quite a bit recently ▬ those who are "Not sick of games" add a "+" (plus;)
those who ARE "Sick of games" add a "-" (minus!)

Here's I'll start:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- (sick, I am feeling sick.)

Posted on May 28, 2011 6:22:23 AM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
in Wonderland!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2011 2:37:46 AM PDT
pab says:
Where am I?

Posted on May 27, 2011 6:36:32 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
I love Frielock-he always has to do his best (with his laser beam eyes) to correct others stupidity, and be the authority. Yet wierd things seem to overcome him quite frequently.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 1:04:10 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Meatwad is cool, for a rolling wad of meat. But Master Shake has the best and funniest lines.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 11:00:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2011 11:01:26 AM PDT
Next to my son, Meatwad is my
#1 hero of all time.
And he's even a better actor than
Barney Rubble...

Posted on May 26, 2011 12:17:27 PM PDT
P. Pratt says:
My suggestion...start a discussion based on a topic you are interested in, and see what happens. I have started discussion groups, the most recent, I listed 20 of Robert De Niro's movies, and asked that they be rated from worse to best. There was only 9 responses.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2011 8:49:48 AM PDT
Hikari says:
Penelope,
We have a name for Amazon Patrol--we call it "Amamom".

Amamom is like HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey--all-seeing, all-knowing. No tolerance at all for profanity or even a cheeky pun. Artifical intelligence cannot understand humor. Just blows right past its circuits. It hunts and destroys certain words in its preselected dictionary without regard for context. "Context" is a construct AI cannot understand either.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 11:09:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 14, 2012 4:58:59 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 10:59:33 PM PDT
pab says:
Am I still in the same thread or am I just dreaming that I'm lost and it'll end soon? PlanetHell, did you get into some bad shrooms or something?

Back to T. Sloan, thanks for the gracious reply and now I'm sorry that I took your post the wrong way. Please accept my apology as well. Man, I really laid into you, didn't I? Maybe I should have my testosterone level checked!

Hikari, I'll have to post in the Potpourri thread, I think I can be one of the "fun" ones. Jack, you should get on the band wagon too so we can all party down (again just a light-hearted comment from my quirky self.) And I'm a nurse so I can do your vision exam - the part where you read the chart! I loved Bill Murray in Lost in Trans...

I'll try to make a game comment now. How about someone breaking into the game threads with an official-looking notice that says all game threads will be discontinued or some other sort of warning that scares them off? The person(s) doing this will have to establish another name like Amazon Patrol! (?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 10:34:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2011 8:05:32 AM PDT
RichieV says:
Cilantron says:
Not sick of games +
Sick of games -
---------------------------
Richiev says: You can be a bit of both.

I like playing the games. I started one and participated in the Bond and Star Trek movie games. But I limit myself on how many I play. If I played every game I would seriously get sick of them. By playing a few, I can enjoy them, while also posting on different movie subjects. I just play the ones I want; ignore the others and let the people who enjoy them play them too their hearts content.

As for the rest of this subject: I see many post where people ask you to list your favorite movies on a particular subject. Many of the games do the same thing except it is a group effort and it is interesting to see what ones people consider the best and which ones get voted out early.

I enjoy seeing what movies people like when they list them themselves but having a collaborative effort to rank certain movies if fun as well.

In fact I would have already started "The Best Comedy" movie game (since I really enjoy comedy) except I don't think I could narrow it down to a starting 15 or 20 and any more than that and the game goes way too long. Could you imagine trying to narrow the comedy genre (Everything from the Marx brothers to the hangover) into a list of 15 or 20 hehe, there would be so many post saying, Why isn't "This" movie on the list, it would be a nightmare.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 10:33:51 PM PDT
corntrader19 says:
I hear you! I feel the same way.

Posted on May 25, 2011 10:31:53 PM PDT
corntrader19 says:
I can't speak about the games but I am tired of angry, hatefulm, bitter people that try to start arguments about my favorites classic celebrities just because they want someone to argue with. I don't waste time on these idiots. If they want to argue, they should join the bickerers club! I comment because I want to have fun.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 9:55:43 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
Why do they choose to air "Saved By The Bell" instead of a show like Harvey Birdman or a good anime like Eureka Seven? Who knows. Cartoon Network (now called CN) is becoming more and more like MTV (used to mean music TV) every day. I miss the Oblongs-that show was so demented and hilarious.
I think "Boondocks" is very controversial and they have issues of what is going on. I think it get's away with things no other show does...which is good because over-censorship is stupid! I laughed so hard when the rapper in his mansion had the woman shut off the water slides and the white neighbor is heard screaming because he was going down.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 9:14:06 PM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
I honestly never noticed that or the red and blue 'In reply to your post' at the top! I need to get my eyes checked!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 8:59:16 PM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
Ah, Thank You! =D

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 7:10:51 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Jack,
If you notice directly under the text of each person's post there is a blue "Reply to this Post" link. If you click that, a box pops up where you can type in a message that will be linked to the post you are replying to. Then readers will be clear about which comment you are responding to. If you start typing in the default box provided, it's hard to tell who you are directing your comments to. Just wanted to point out that it's a nifty feature that saves a lot of confusion.

Posted on May 25, 2011 6:13:31 PM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
I like to watch on DVD then you can have as much or as little as you want. I wish all the shows on [AS] would extend to the 22 minute mark. I'd also like to see some of the classics come back with new episodes, like Harvey Birdman! Also, why does it take so long to make new Boondocks?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 6:00:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2011 6:02:11 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
I must not be one of them because I always think "that's it" when an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force finishes. They should extend it to making 1/2 hour shows (or rather 22 minutes because of stupid commericals, though at least they advertise CD's on adult swim).
And I'm only 21. Oh well, I suppose that leaves at least one generation behind me that I don't understand (like the ones who eat up the last 2 Black Eyed Peas CD's).

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 4:39:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2011 5:45:23 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
Penelope, you say - That sounded like a get lost from you to me.

Nothing of the sort.I was just trying to help by directing you to other threads where conversation occurs.I apologize that it seemed like a "get lost". Not sure what it was that gave you that impression, my intentions were only good. Oh well. Perhaps I'm "Lost in Translation"

Ps- I wasn't referring to your post when I said "anything you like", I was just actually trying to be nice. I'm pretty sure someone else gave you the same advice but unlike me, was praised for it!? So, again, sorry if my post seemed condescending.

Posted on May 25, 2011 4:37:44 PM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
I've never posted there... Does that mean I'm no fun? =D

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 4:23:28 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Me, too, as in how old am I?

Well . . .old enough to know better but still too young to avoid making the same mistakes over and over! I'm 45. Me and Doctor Zhivago debuted the same year.

As for spreading the word about threads . . .I think people will be intrigued enough to open new ones on the board if you pick a catchy title. Most of us come here every day, several times a day, so we notice right away if there is a new topic. You could also post a reminder about a new discussion on the Potpourri. All the most fun Movie board folks drop in there. ;-)

Posted on May 25, 2011 4:19:52 PM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  120
Initial post:  May 20, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions