Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Stand By Me BD Audio Issues

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2011 7:49:51 AM PDT
Cubs Fan :( says:
I finally had time to watch this movie this weekend. I'm not sure if my particular BD is bad or if it's bad across the board. I had at least 5 pops/crackles during the movie and was able to reproduce on my stand-alone player as well as my software players (TMT 3 and PowerDVD 10 Ultra).

Stand By Me (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]

My return window just expired last week when I tried to return for an exchange, but was wondering if I'm the only one who has experienced this. None of my other DTS-HD MA movies have ever done this and since I can reproduce, it's got to be the BD.

Since I can't return to Amazon for an exchange, can anyone provide any contact information to Columbia Pictures for getting the BD replaced please? Thank you.

Posted on May 10, 2011 8:27:49 AM PDT
metal maniac says:
1-800-wet-end!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 8:47:42 AM PDT
Why post anything if you're not going to be helpful?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:00:59 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 17, 2012 11:22:29 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 7:19:19 AM PDT
Just to update this post. The issue turned out to be with my AVR, a Sony STR-DA5500ES. Sony, finally, provided a firmware update that fixed the decoding issues for DTS-HD MA tracks. I had run into this issue on several other BDs like TRON Legacy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 10, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions