Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Help me please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2012 7:54:15 PM PDT
Dawnlynn says:
First timer here. Not sure if I'm in right area or what, but here goes. I'm looking for the name of a movie. I watched it back in the eighties, and I don't remember a whole lot of it. Wilderness, father and son, two sisters. The father and son ended up leaving the sisters behind, in freezing winter, as they went ahead on a river. They could not get back to them right away, and stayed in a cabin. Father and son went back to them in spring, thought they were dead, but they were alive! Please ~ can anyone help?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 8:15:30 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
The Adventures of the Wilderness Family.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 8:29:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 3, 2012 10:56:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 9:34:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 9:35:22 PM PDT
Balok says:
Whew. When I saw the title of this thread, I was afraid that someone with a fly's body and a human head was trapped in a spider web somewhere and was desperately sending messages from his or her smart phone. . .

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 10:08:02 AM PDT
Dawnlynn says:
And if so? What would you do about it? Can you ans. my question? No matter the situation, I still would like an answer...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 12:26:51 PM PDT
Mickey Ryan says:
You read my mind.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 12:29:42 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Do you remember any of the stars ? Were they Caucasian ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 12:36:36 PM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
You seem to be ignoring . Green Meanie's post. Hint: it's the second one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 1:07:16 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I guess she really doesn't want to know the answer.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 1:08:42 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
I say buzz, buzz, buzz, and it's just becuzz...
I'm a human fly and i don't know why
I got ninety-six tears in my ninety-six eyes ....

For the record, I thought Balok gave the best "answer"... but for ones that might actually be correct, Green M's suggestion of 'The Adventures of the Wilderness Family' places a close second.
Sorry I can't think of anything better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 10:09:03 PM PDT
Balok says:
@Green Meanie:

> I guess she really doesn't want to know the answer.

Your first guess, _The Adventures of the Wilderness Family_ (or possibly one of its sequels), sounds reasonable, but didn't that family only have one daughter?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 9:43:52 AM PDT
Dawnlynn says:
Yes to caucasian. Not The Wilderness Family. Not the second one either. Perhaps one that follows. When I get a chance I'll look at the following ones more throughly. ~ I do not remember a mother. There were two sisters. I believe the brother was older than the sisters. He fought with his father to go back for the girls. (They were holed up in a cabin, still in the wilderness, sister's had been left behind). I do not remember much more!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 9:58:42 AM PDT
Dawnlynn says:
No darling, not ignoring. I appreciate the time and effort you've put forth. I check in when I can. That's all I can do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 10:02:33 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 5, 2012 10:02:58 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 1:35:57 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
LOL!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:46:07 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
okee-dokee.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:11:29 PM PDT
W. Rodriguez says:
If you can remember *any* of the actors in the movie you can look it up using IMBD. I've found many obscure and long-forgotten movies and TV shows that way. Hope it helps!

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:16:14 PM PDT
AshRandom says:
They lived?!?! ... oh great, now I want to see it

hey wait... vague memory setting in... did the girls live because an Indian tribe took them in?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:15:20 PM PDT
Dawnlynn says:
Wish I could! I'm thinking I've wasted way too much time on this movie already - do I want to continue? I've searched IMBD, Internet Archives, movie guides from the 70's and 80's... I do appreciate your suggestion though. I'll continue with the search.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:30:12 PM PDT
Dawnlynn says:
The father and brother made it back to them as soon as the weather allowed them to get through. They (the two girls) were thought to be deceased at first, but alas! they were alive!! Well, I believe they both were alive, but something tells me I could be wrong about that part and only one survived the freezing winter season outside with no fire. And no food. And no ... I remember being on the edge of my seat watching most of this movie, or at least the part that I recall, and that doesn't happen often. I'd like it to happen again, but even if I (ever) find the name of it, I know that nothing is ever like the first time! Still, I'd love to see it again.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:44:58 PM PDT
Q says:
Anyone remember that book 'The Sign of The Beaver?'
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions