Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Worst Movies that we've ever seen...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 470 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 5:30:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 5:34:52 PM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
Valley of the Dolls is generally regarded in the category of Kitsch or So Bad It's Good. Although it doesn't have the cult status of the Roger Ebert Scripted sequels.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 5:40:13 PM PDT
D. Doppes says:
Pearl Harbor by the butcher Michael Bay, is pretty high on my list.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 6:01:35 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
It was really juvenile in the humor but it had its moments.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:25:03 AM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Holm played Frodo in the bbc radio adaptation.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 7:38:23 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I think you can give me some leeway if I don't get the quote exact. And, no, it was a guy I knew in college who probably borrowed (and maybe was the one who butchered) the line.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:59:34 AM PDT
Pretty much any attempt to film a live-action version of a Hanna Barbera cartoon (or any cartoon for that matter) has been awful.

The Flintstones
The Smurfs
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Underdog
Scooby Doo (Although I'll admit the casting on that film was pretty on target)

Oddly enough this doesn't seem to be the case in reverse.
The animated Batman series was without question better than any film thus far.
The animated Ghostbusters series was better than the movies it was based on.
Any of the animated Star Trek episodes was better than the Abram's movie.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 8:02:59 AM PDT
Also I think people need to acknowledge the difference between movies you just don't like and legitimately bad movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 8:11:04 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I don't know what you mean. All the movies I don't like suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 8:13:17 AM PDT
CJV: Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls isn't really a sequel--it inhabits its own conceptual universe. So bad it's very, very good.

Valley Of The Dolls is the Citizen Kane of trash cinema--it's beyond good or bad in any conventional sense. Virtually the definition of a cult classic--it could stand as a synecdoche for cult cinema. One of the most quotable films ever. High on my personal favorites list.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 8:19:05 AM PDT
JNS: Yes, there is a fine distinction to be made between movies one just either dislikes, or just doesn't care for, but can still admire in some sense. I feel that way about some Bergman films (Cries and Whispers for one) and Bunuel's Viridiana. But there is certainly a place for asserting that a widely praised film--like The Unbearable Lightness Of Being--is actually very bad, based on some fairly objective criteria that may not be agreed upon by all observers. (Bet you thought I was going to use another example.)

TULOB is, actually, one of the worst films I've seen. The author of the novel hated it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 8:31:09 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
But Lena Olin is not hard on the eyes.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 8:48:07 AM PDT
Kinks: Hard on the ears and the brain. That film lost me in the opening scene; when Olin intones, "The hat belonged to my grandfather's grandfather. Eet is vary oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld," I knew I was in for a major stinker.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 9:15:00 AM PDT
Balok says:
@KinksRock:

> But Lena Olin is not hard on the eyes.

"Litotes" Olin to you, buddy.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:20:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 9:21:16 AM PDT
Movies are bad according to the perspective, but the ones that are just undoubtedly bad is another story (Pirahna, Jason X and various knockoff titles like Transmorphers, I Am Omega, Almighty Thor)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:37:44 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
James, I will definitely give you that the Real Ghostbusters animated series was better than Ghostbusters 2, but Ghostbusters is a solid film. (I like to think of it as a sequel to Stripes.)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:57:54 AM PDT
Balok: There is nothing understated about Ms. Olin.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 10:00:24 AM PDT
Ghostbusters is one of the funniest films of the 1980s, and very well written.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:06:24 AM PDT
Both Ghostbusters movies were fun to watch. I only remember the first Ghostbusters cartoon post-film. Unfamiliar with The Real Ghostbusters. Sounds like good stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 10:38:03 AM PDT
You're correct, I did like the first as well, but what the animated series was able to do was to really let you know the quirks of each of the characters. Especially Winston, who the second movie really didn't know what to do with. Speaking of Bill Murray, what's happened to that guy? It's like he fell off the Earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 10:49:13 AM PDT
He still working. Dude's been in a lot of indie projects. He's in some new movie with Edward Norton and Bruce Willis. Forgot the title.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 11:03:12 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
The Real Ghostbusters is probably the cartoon you're thinking of. They had to call it that because there was previously an animated series Ghostbusters about two guys and a gorilla. (The Ghostbusters was on TV the other day and my mom was asking what it was. I said Ghostbusters. And she insisted "This is NOT the Ghostbusters.")

Ghostbusters 2 is decent, but it is nowhere as good as the original. Especially tonally, it's way sillier. More for kids I guess.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 12:30:37 PM PDT
Yeah, I saw it on QUBO one time and I was like "Ghostbusters?! What Hanna-Barbera trachery is this?!" lOl

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 1:26:00 PM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
The Real Ghostbusters was titled that to distinguish it from Filmation's Ghostbusters. Filmation had had a live action show in the 1970s which I dimly remember. I thought the movie was an adaption when it came out. The series had Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker of F-Troop working with a Gorilla named Tracy. To capitalize on the success of the movie, Filmation best known for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe released an animated version with younger protagonists. The explanation behind the title The Real Ghostbuster was the Ackroyd, Murray, Ramis film was a movie based on them. Oddly enough the cartoon version were generally younger and better looking, well except Ray who was noticeably chubbier than Dan Ackroyd and looked like him otherwise, being a freckled redhead. Slimer, the green slime demon, became a sidekick of the group, sort of a friendly ghost. He even got a Saturday morning show called Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters which feature Slimer shorts that had a more cartoony style. Those were acutally good. They even had a making of the movie episode where Peter comments "Murray, Ackroyd, Ramis, sounds like a lawfirm". Peter was voiced by Lorenzo Music who brought the same droll dry delivery that he would later bring to Garfield. Arsenio Hall was also listed as one of the regular voices presumably voicing Winston.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:23:12 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
You know what? I gotta bring up Home Alone. When I was a kid, this was hilarious. I watched it recently, this past Christmas, with my family and we pretty much all agreed this movie is one of the stupidest things every put on film. Nothing in it makes sense. Why doesn't Kevin's mother just call her own house? Why is Dad so cool with the whole thing? Your eight year old is home ALONE. How does ANY PARENT leave behind a WHOLE CHILD like this?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 5:39:11 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I never saw the whole movie, but the premise has always sounded dumb to me. In real life, you could call the police and ask them to go to the house and take custody until you got back.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Peter Falk....Remembering Columbo ...Favorite Episode or Episodes... 3 2 minutes ago
Rate The Last Movie You Watched 8334 4 minutes ago
Post an unpopular statement about a classic movie 1462 11 minutes ago
Does anyone else hate it when great theatrical posters are not used for Blu-ray covers? 8 24 minutes ago
British detective series--film and TV. Colonials welcome as well. 7476 35 minutes ago
The top ten anything thread 4503 36 minutes ago
The Exorcist... Many words have been spoken and written about this film . What about your words... 91 49 minutes ago
Movie Game! 10 movies where... continued! 1979 52 minutes ago
More Reviews of the Last Movie You Watched 4966 58 minutes ago
One Degree of Separation - Season Three 6941 1 hour ago
Mystery and crime fiction--film, TV, print 468 1 hour ago
Why does Hollywood love Guns and Car chase's so much? 27 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  79
Total posts:  470
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions