Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Best posters - who is your favourite? A new game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 102 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 10:13:04 AM PDT
bella7 says:
LOL!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:44:38 PM PDT
D. Larson says:
I'll do you one better (and I've actually seen this): a velvet painting of Elvis and Jesus walking on the beach together. Elvis leaves footprints; Jesus doesn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:47:52 PM PDT
How nice of you to include our banned buddy, Tarek".

Why was he banned?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 6:55:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2012 6:55:26 PM PDT
How about Elvis, Jesus, AND Ultraman?

In a chat room, I heard about this lady who would buy bad paintings in garage sales and improve them by adding Godzilla to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 12:09:32 AM PDT
Q says:
HAHA!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 12:11:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:02:27 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 12:14:25 AM PDT
Q says:
How about neither one of them leaves footprints...

Was Elvis real?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 5:22:53 AM PDT
bella7 says:
TAS,

I'm not totally sure, but I believe he got into some frowned upon political talk.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 8:24:07 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Elvis was a nark. In rhinestones after dark.

He knew every pill he'd eat would be one less on the street.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 8:57:18 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
"I'm not totally sure, but I believe he got into some frowned upon political talk."

Yes...Tarek was a dreaded member of the Canadian Extreme Wrestling Party and he just could'nt handle defeat. Whatcha' gonna do, Brother?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 9:01:48 AM PDT
bella7 says:
LMAO!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 4:57:03 PM PDT
bella 7 re Tarek

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it that he was gone. So many familiar names seem to have vanished. Too bad.

Is political talk really banned on here?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 4:58:00 PM PDT
ilhj:"I'm enjoying Hikari and Thomas talking about Inspector Morse and Lewis"

Why don't you join in?A third opinion would be nice. And I would feel less guilty about driving everyone away!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 4:58:50 PM PDT
"Was Elvis real? "

Sure. Didn't he record "Watching the Detectives"?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 7:24:18 AM PDT
bella7 says:
TAS,

I don't believe political talk is banned, but I think someone reported tarek. He's of Algerian descent and had talked about middle east conflicts, etc... He had pointed out that Jewish people in the mid east had committed atrocities/injustices against Palestinians. (Needless to say, he was not pro-Israel.) I don't know if you recall, but he was quite outspoken in his beliefs, however, it's too bad free speech was not allowed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 11:28:45 AM PDT
bella 7: "He had pointed out that Jewish people in the mid east had committed atrocities/injustices against Palestinians. (Needless to say, he was not pro-Israel.)"

Well, he was right, of course. Like most conflicts it seems pretty hard to choose "good guys" and "bad guys" over there. Its a real shame if the powers-that-be on here decided that only one side of an argument is the one that can be expressed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 11:32:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:02:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 11:59:55 AM PDT
bella7 says:
TAS,

Agreed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 12:08:43 PM PDT
ilhj:

Glad to have you! I have no Morse to watch and our PBS stations no longer show them. All the ones I taped are chucked out by spouse! Guess I need to check our library. I think there were some early ones I missed, but now with the Lewis series going strong, re-visiting ones I have seen sounds like a good idea. Unlike most "whodunnits" these are rewarding even if you know who done it.

I liked Monarch of the Glen in the beginning, but it was hurt by too many cast changes, don't you think? I never got over Richard Briers leaving, and then the original female lead--forget her name--left and they completely reinvented the brunette to be the lead and they changed her so radically it didn't work. Then Julain Fellowes came and went--then the lead! Then his half-brother showed up...

It was exhausting trying to keep it all straight!

But, boy, did Scotland look beautiful!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 12:10:00 PM PDT
bella7:TAS,Agreed"

Just another lose/lose situation. Intolerance reigns supreme from the Middle East to this website, all in between inclusive.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 12:24:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:02:50 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 1:28:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 20, 2012 1:28:59 PM PDT
ILHJ: Scotland

I sure looks great on Monarch of the Glen! How could anyone EVER leave that place?

However, we stopped in Scotland for a few days on our way to the UK on our vacation in 2008 and it was just about the most DISMAL few days of my life--certainly vacations days. It was overcast every day, cold, drizzly, dreary. I didn't even want to leave the hotel!

Obviously I was in the wrong Glen!

I assume then that it was Richard Briers choice to leave and not the networks? I know it lasted quite a while after, but I don't think the series ever recovered. I think Susan Hampshire was the only cast member to survive the entire series.

As for the later episodes, the half-brorher who became the lead just wasn't very interesting, and this hurt the show.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 1:59:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:02:51 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 2:42:34 PM PDT
ILHJ:

Yeah, Lloyd Owen. I forgot his name. He was quite good. In fact, before he became the lead, the episode that introduced him--was he awol from the army?--was one of the best they did in later seasons. I kept watching after RB left, and the blonde female conservationist lead who I thought was a great foil/romantic interest, but it wasn't the same.

Boy, if they duplicated a storyline, they really DID need to end production.

One of our PBS stations recently ran Good Neighbors. What a shock to see a YOUNG Richard Briers! I didn't recognize him at first! But he sure was funny.

I had to laugh thinking about the weather in Scotland. We were taking a tour of the fort/castle in Edinburgh and all my wife could think of was the poor guide in his kilt! He must have been freezing!

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 10:58:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 4:04:51 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  102
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions