Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Praise the Avengers Movie, please.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 90 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 10, 2012 11:22:22 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I didn't see John Carter, and I think it was due to total lack of promotion. It's like that movie came and went and I missed it. Don't remember seeing many commercials for it or actors/actresses promoting it on talk shows either.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 12:18:04 PM PDT
I did see quite a few ads for it. I just think it didn't really peak anyone's interest. I think what did it for me was when I heard Ghost Rider: Spirit of Veangence was terrible. I kinda lost my will to go the movies to see anything else after that. lOl

Posted on May 10, 2012 1:53:55 PM PDT
Cat says:
I would recommend seeing John Carter too. It was fun. A bit different that Avengers but fun.

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:46:39 AM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
J. A. Hernandez

"Stop being a smart-azz Cav."

I don't mind you calling me a smart-azz, but I am curious. The "In reply to" legend says you were responding to a post of May 9 at 11:00:22 PM. I didn't post here on May 9. Could you have meant someone else, or were you reacting to a post of mine on another thread?

Posted on May 11, 2012 10:24:21 AM PDT
Rano says:
WE LOVED IT!!!!! The best Movie ever!! Captain America rocks!! and Iron man is as usual handsome, strong, successful and wants to try shawarma! the movie was captivating. GO FOR IT!

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:46:40 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Well... I watched it today and my only complaint is Not Enough Hulk Time and He barely talks again. Just a lot of Yelling and Roaring.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 5:54:39 AM PDT
did you stay for the extra scenes??
I told you the 2nd one was a bonding thing...

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 10:52:04 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Were they eating at Shawarmas ? Yes that was a funny scene. I seem to have caught somebody's cold that was sitting behind me.

Posted on May 12, 2012 11:40:05 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Now I'm in the mood to try some Shawarma.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 12:27:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 12:35:19 PM PDT
J Slabbert says:
By the way, green lantern is not an avenger. :-) This is in response to someone much earlier that mentioned he was by the way

Posted on May 12, 2012 12:40:27 PM PDT
J Slabbert says:
The Avengers is most definitely one of the best superhero movies ever made. Like someone said earlier, it embraces its comic geek nature and adds just enough story to make it all fit together. I really enjoyed the humor as well as the character interaction. Hulk and Iron man definitely stole the show though. I was really surprised by the Hulk, because his previous two movies were not that good. The Edward Norton one being better than the Eric Bana version. I had all but given up seeing Hulk done well on the big screen until I saw avengers!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 12:45:00 PM PDT
It was an amazing movie: heroic, funny, sexy---- Regular Josh Stuff. Oh, and Thomas Hiddleston stole the movie as the Bad Guy- Loki. When RD Jr called him "Reindeer Boy" I thought I was going to plotz!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 2:29:52 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I only wish they would give the Hulk more dialogue to say. He is reduced to saying a few syllables per movie now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:21:01 AM PDT
That was my thought. Iron man/tony said after...so yes. Did you notice the people in the background were "cleaning up" from the fight outside?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:22:55 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
This particular scene was filmed after the World Premiere so only the later countries like the US have it. You will notice Chris Evans doesn't move or eat. He had a full beard at the time and a prosthetic chin was used to cover up his beard.

The Avengers has crossed the One Billion Dollar Mark Worldwide now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:49:04 PM PDT
LMAO That's too funny. I think if they had Hulk speak more he would have to do the "cavemen" dialect. It would have been cool to hear "Hulk Is Strongest There Is!!!"

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:52:05 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
It would be funny having Hulk do Arnold Schwarzenegger One-Liners after he smashes somebody.

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:15:58 PM PDT
He did save the day for Iron Man...If he hadn't caught him Pepper could be very lonely.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:22:02 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Maybe Hulk could add some Pepper to his Shawarma.

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:59:42 PM PDT
Overall its got the scale of a big screen movie, but the characters were sidelined. At least there wasn't a bunch of Joss Whedon bickering/banter wherein he inserts "plot".
I mean really? Characters? They get five minutes total screen time scattered over the 2 hours, wherein, they merely echo their Stan Lee humanity having been established from another movie.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 1:42:31 PM PDT
Do you really think that Pepper and Hulk would make a good couple?

/

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:39:15 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Pepper and Hulk ??? Pepper and Bruce.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 12:25:17 PM PDT
Maybe in an alternate reality. Strangers unions have happened. Example: Wolverine & Sue Storm were an item and were the leaders of Hydra.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 12:46:50 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
A What If ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 12:56:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 1:02:57 PM PDT
Actually, it was in an issue of The Exiles. Don't remember which one. Cool series where a group of chosen heroes from alternate Earths (One of them being a heroic Sabertooth) have to repair damage done to the space time continum on other parallel Earths. It's like What If, but canon.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  May 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions