Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1076-1100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 2:49:58 PM PDT
"Snake Plissken"

Snake Plissken? I thought he was dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 2:58:19 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
I thought he was taller. Wait, that's another movie . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:01:26 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I used to draw a lot a long time ago but I haven't done much of anything artistic in years. I have been getting the urge lately to get back into it though. I really like your art style. I'm going to favorite your site and check it out some more later.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:02:05 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
"Snake Plissken? I thought he was dead."

Ha!

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:03:23 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
This car is 100% death proof.

Wait...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:20:53 PM PDT
"Snake Plissken? I thought he was dead."

Ha!

And he sounds a heck of a lot like Clint Eastwood!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:30:31 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Plus, now that I think about it, Lee Van Cleef played a part in Escape From New York. What a coinkydink...NOT.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:37:42 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Better than Christian Bale's batvoice...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:43:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 3:46:46 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I noticed from your profile page that you like Ghostbusters and Minimates. I still have all my original Kenner Ghostbusters action figures. I used to have a set of them mint on the card that I sold a few years ago to some guy for $400 bucks. It was one of my best sales ever.

I have the KISS Minimates sitting on my computer right now.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:46:40 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I love toys, I just can't afford to buy everything I want. I miss doing that.

I go quality over quantity anymore. Mostly the $150+ Hot Toys figures. I have Iron Man, Tony Stark, The Joker, and Comedian. Chick at work said this is why I still haven't paid off my student loans. I was like yeah, that's it. It's the $250 I spend in a YEAR on toys that's breaking the bank.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:53:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 3:56:14 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Same here! But I just don't have the kind of expendable cash like I used to so I do not buy much anymore. You should see my spare bedroom walls here though, they are loaded with Transformers and Hot Wheels still on the card pegged to the walls all around me, inbetween the posters and pictures. Way back in the early Nineties I used to publish a small bi-monthly newsletter on action figures and toys. I even wrote some articles for some of the toy zines back then.

I've still got boxes of action figures stuffed in my closets, mostly TMNT, Thundercats, Star Trek stuff. A couple of years ago or so I sold off all of my Iron Man, Marvel, Star Wars, and Aliens toys to make some extra cash.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 3:59:03 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Most of my toys are fashion dolls. I used to make and sell doll clothes online, but since I'm not active in doll communities anymore (due to no internet at home) that's sort of dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:08:38 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Fashion like Barbie? I see that you're interested in Monster High dolls too. They're so cool aren't they? Every now and again when I visit my local Target store I will check out the toy section just for fun, and buy the occasional die cast car. LOL.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 4:11:18 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Monster High basically stole some of my ideas, but I don't have a legal leg to stand on. My concept was zombie fashion dolls. That came apart so you could build your own, and they all had a rockabilly style. And hey look at that, there are Monster High dolls that come apart.

And yes, Mattel people did see my zombie girls. Did they steal the idea? I doubt it. Case of great minds thinking alike. Rockabilly is big. Zombies are big. And everybody is trying to hit on the next big fashion doll. Would have been nice to have gotten a real job out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:22:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 4:23:00 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Don't give up, Lucy. You can still sell custom dolls and toys and maybe that will lead somewhere eventually?

There are guys online who sell custom-painted Hot Wheels, Transformers, etc, you name it, for big bucks and make some decent money at it. Back in my eBay selling days a few years ago I used to follow some of these auctions and was amazed to see how much some of these guy's custom jobs went for, some up to and over a thousand bucks, for a toy that they originally paid 20 bucks for, and then spent a few hours air brushing and customizing it.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 4:27:19 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Yeah I do doll heads. I mean I managed to pay rent and everything each month in LA without a 'real' job just on my custom work. Since moving back to Arkansas, though, nothing. I think partly because this state will suck out your will to live. It's like it MAKES you want to give up on life. I have to force myself to do something creative sometimes just so I don't forget what I'd rather be doing.

I told my family, I get these loans paid off they might never see me again. If I didn't have to pay 800+ a month for loans, I could, gosh, pay rent and utilities! And oh my mom says "Are you gonna get an apartment in Little Rock?" That's just what I need. No, I don't think Japan is far-e-freaking-nuff away from this state.

Sorry, where are you from?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:33:24 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I'm in the Detroit area. It's bland and depressing as hell around here too so I know just how you feel.

I was doing okay for awhile selling collectibles on eBay for a few years until the economy tanked, and then sales became fewer and fewer. Plus eBay nickel-and-dimed me so much after awhile that it just wasn't worth it trying to sell stuff there anymore. I hear it's changed it's policies so I may go back to try my luck again sometime in the future? You should do the same. Have you ever tried to sell anything here on Amazon?

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 4:37:27 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Amazon won't let you sell stuff you've made, I don't think. Mostly I sell on Etsy.

I got a friend who was from somewhere in Michigan. He came out to be me and my other friend's roommate in LA. He was like our couch guy. Slept in the living room floor, but he paid rent. Last we talked, I think he said he was going back home too because ecomony. Sux.

I do need to get back to selling on eBay, it's like you said though. Sales sort of dropped off. Etsy is nice because the listing fees aren't super high.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:44:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 4:45:50 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I've never heard of Etsy, of course I've been out of the loop on the whole online selling thing for awhile now. I will have to check it out.

If I had your kind of talent. I'd try customizing all kinds of different toys and things and see what works. You just never know what will take off and be the next big thing? That was the funny thing about eBay. Some things that I thought were hot and would try to sell, would hardly get bidded on, and then other items that I thought wouldn't get much of a bid, would go for big bucks? I had that happen so many times.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 4:46:41 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I remember having to sell my Futurama figures to make rent one month. On the one hand I was sad because one of them was Zoidberg. On the other hand, I made $300.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 4:47:21 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Oh yeah, also savagelucy42.etsy.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 4:56:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 4:58:12 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I feel for you. I've never owned Futurama toys but I've had to sell some things to make room, and for the much-needed cash, so I can relate.

I remember when the Adult Swim figures came out, I wanted a Brak but I couldn't find one, and when I finally found some for sale online, they were way out of my price range of what I was willing to pay.

I do still own my Notch Johnson action figure Mint on the card from the old "Son of the Beach" TV show. I'm going to keep that one till the day I die. I've got a couple of MIB Jackie Chan dolls that I just can't let go of either.

My biggest sales were Hasbro Wrestling action figures, I sold a bunch of those, and a few of the original Thundercats action figures on the card. Thundercats were freaking hot back then. Probably still are.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 4:59:43 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I have I think the first wave of the Adult Swim action figures. Then Palisades (spelled wrong I'm sure) Went belly-up and the other figures weren't produced. So we have like. Brak's mom and dad. Debbie from Sealab. Master Shake. But no Meatwad or Frylock. No Zorak.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 5:04:14 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Gotta love Master Shake! Heck, you should be able to customize him pretty easily? Just get a fast food cup complete with straw and lid, a little putty for the hands, a little paint here and there, and voila, a homemade Master Shake.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 9:19:29 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Godzilla vs Benny Hill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nLCuS2q5Fo
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions