Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The movies you re-watch every year....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 137 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 1, 2012 7:17:36 PM PDT
Q says:
--> This female owns Reservoir Dogs.

Oh, the devastation in Mr. White's eyes when Mr. Orange reveals he's a cop!

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:18:11 PM PDT
Koala: I'm cuckoo for coconuts. I drink coconut milk every day and use coconut oil for just about everything, makes a fantastic skin lotion as well as great to cook with. And yams are yummy. Ever seen Point Break? I always wanted to be like the Ex-Presidents, rob banks to support my surfing habit (although I honestly have not surfed for about 10 years, would love to get out and do it again).

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:20:48 PM PDT
stevign: Nice. I bought the Blu-ray last year. The last movie Val Kilmer was hot in before he let himself go. Well, I guess he wasn't so bad in Wonderland. But in Heat...

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:22:36 PM PDT
Q: Also think that was Harvey Keitel's best acting performance.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:25:29 PM PDT
"Ever seen Point Break?"

Yeah, you know, like maybe 20 TIMES! When action flicks get it right, it's just about my favorite genre. And 'Point Break' got it right.

Coconut oil is da bomb diggy.
Reservoir Dogs is also da bomb diggy.
I hate Kangaroos though. Bloody vermin that thinks its so superior to us Koalas just because it's on the Australian coat-of-arms. Little do they know that the great alliance between Koalas and Tasmanian Devils is about to bear fruit....or bear Kangaroo Meat!

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:43:48 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "Aren't all therapists seeing a therapist?"

Actually yes.

re: "or is the entertainment industry lying about that too?"

Does the entertainment industry lie? I don't think they know the difference, nor do they care. ;~}

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:52:12 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "I always wanted to be like the Ex-Presidents, rob banks to support my surfing habit"

A woman after my own heart.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 9:57:51 PM PDT
Q says:
Lori Petty rocked it.

Mullets, surfin', and kickin' arse!

Posted on May 2, 2012 7:32:59 AM PDT
I suppose that I would have to add to the annual or nearly so list:

Kill Bill 1 and 2
Pulp Fiction
Where The Boys Are (original!)
Beach Blanket Bingo
Psycho Beach Party

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 8:56:16 AM PDT
Q: Whatever happened to her (Lori Petty)? I wanted to be her in Point Break -- come on, she got Swayze and Keanu (at his surfer dude best). She was Geena Davis' little sister in A League of Their Own and the last thing I remember her being in was Tank Girl.

Posted on May 2, 2012 9:09:16 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Can I help with the heist? I call Richard Nixon mask.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 9:18:55 AM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
The Magi in the Nativity Story were entertaining and Joseph was good. What I really didn't like was how they manipulated the narrative to make Herod's hunt for the messiah to be the main focus of the story. It's pretty obvious that Jesus was presented in the temple before the Flight into Egypt.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 9:33:23 AM PDT
Of course, Savage Lucy, the more the merrier, I always say. You most certainly can be Nixon if I can bring an update and sport a Bill Clinton mask. I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Posted on May 2, 2012 9:40:55 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Actually you know what would be great? A heist that takes place at some sort of convention. All heist participants dressed up as stromtroopers or Batman or something.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 10:21:57 AM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
Too much drive-thru.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:53:34 PM PDT
Lovely D.M. says:
I re-watch my favorite movies/series the most. Of course, I re-watch some of my favorites more than others depending on their level addictiveness lol. For example, among my favorites I have movies that have moved or captured me (but they don't necessarily have that addictive/hooking quality), and I also have movies/series that I love- those are the ones that really hooked me (so I tend to re-watch those more than the others). I'm not sure if nostalgia ever plays a part in a movie I might re-watch, or a time limit for that matter- like every year. I do know that I never set out to re-watch certain movies every year because of nostalgia. If I'm in the mood to re-watch a movie/series then I do, if not then I don't.
Sometimes I might even re-watch a movie that isn't on my keeper shelf, like some Christmas movies on tv during Christmas. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 12:54:39 PM PDT
Q says:
Buttercup,

Agreed, she definitely disappeared far too quickly.

As far as Patrick and Keanu...I think they "got" each other. Lori is clearly playing for the other team (and I don't mean the Racine Belles).

Remember this?! (I think she just likes to wear wetsuits...)

http://images3.cinema.de/imedia/8041/2068041,VwhFldAt9VSesTlQO1wAKSzAvqPs01Lbqbf5kCRIWjxM1xxB7m5A6C93P67YzOOjlZaKygcQDjJaG9r5Npl0GQ==.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 7:34:02 PM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Star Wars trilogy the real one from 77-83 with no blasted cgi enhancements, hayden skywalker or jar jar binks.

Back to the Future

Star Trek 1-6

Indiana Jones trilogy no crystal numbskull.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 7:42:59 PM PDT
Q: I think you're right about the wetsuits. That's so funny, forgot she was in that movie!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 7:50:06 PM PDT
Savage: You mean like a Comicon heist? But all we would get is a bunch of Star Wars gear...not that that's a bad thing. I'm in.

Did you hear about the guy who robbed a bank last year dressed as Darth Vader? That was during Comicon, I think. He also was not caught...the Force was strong with that one.

http://stars.ign.com/articles/110/1108185p1.html

On a side note, and I swear I nearly choked when I saw this on the news last weekend, Obiwan Kenobi was arrested for hit and run.

http://jalopnik.com/5907110/obiwan-kenobi-arrested-for-hit+and+run-in-california

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 8:51:57 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
>William A. Smith says:
"I suppose that I would have to add to the annual or nearly so list:
Pulp Fiction
Where The Boys Are (original!)
Beach Blanket Bingo
Psycho Beach Party"<

So...your least-favorite song must be Jimi's "Third Stone From The Sun", huh? ("....and you'll never hear surf music again"!)

Posted on May 2, 2012 8:58:29 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
Re: Lori Petty

She WAS great. Briefly. I wouldn't know about the last decade. Her bio says she was on "House" and "CSI: NY"... and she did a few D-movies. Too bad, so much talent.
On a similar note, what ever happened to Amanda Plummer?
Last thing I saw Plummer in was a decade ago ('My Life Without Me'.) Where are you, Honey Bunny?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:56:09 AM PDT
Hikari says:
Amanda does a lot of stage work. I think she and her dad are on good terms, but she was notably absent from the Oscars.

Posted on May 3, 2012 6:30:02 AM PDT
Pulpman says:
Annual Movies
Bladerunner: Still my favorite
Murder by Decree: Plummer and Mason make a great team!
Frankenstien: Karloff classic
Dracula: Lugosi
I walked wit a Zombie: Great Val Lewton movie.
Tony Rome
Harper
Maltese Falcon:Own 3 dsc set always a treat
Night at the Opera
Batman:Keaton
Thunderball: Connery is still the best Bond
Superman:Donner version
Searchers:John Wayne
The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly: Best Clint Eastwood western for fun
The Unforgiven: Best Easwood film all around
Dirty Harry
Die Hard
Terminator
Alien

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:36:09 AM PDT
Pulpman says:
I have the dvd set of the Beach Blanket movie. My favorite is the Ghost in the Invisible Bikini which is not part of the set. I also have Dr.Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine. These films are guilty pleasures of mine and I try to see them at least once a year. I find the AIP beach films a pure joy and quite funny.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  137
Initial post:  Apr 18, 2012
Latest post:  May 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions