Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 12, 2012 3:48:44 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
And it's just like the old saying: "Cryptic responses cause horrible threads." Another prediction comes true!

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 4:22:36 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
If you have to ask, you'd never understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 6:03:35 PM PDT
I'm good at this, being horrible. Everyone's good at something.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 6:22:12 PM PDT
Hikari says:
@kinks
You're new 'round these parts. (Welcome, by the way.) This is Rock's thread, but I feel myself to be the self-appointed welcome committee of our little community and I'm thrilled when new faces drop by to join us. I hold more regular court over in my establishment, the F2 Lounge, where the regulars know me as Mistress H. By day I am a mild-mannered public servant, and by night . . .well, sometimes I have to mete out punishments. But it's all in good fun.

Does my prose style really say gay man? I'm curious. My friends are well-acquainted with my tastes, some of which are quirky. To my knowledge, no one else here is eager to stalk TV's Craig Ferguson for the purposes of bearing his children. That's it-my secret's out . . .I'm a chick. Which is why I don't have to go gay for Josh Holloway. But if I had to join the girl nation . . . Cate Blanchett & Noomi Rapace. May as well make it a menage. Those really must be my only exceptions. ;-)

And yes, Josh is that hot. I have yet to see M:I IV: Ghost Protocol, but friends inform me that Josh's role is dinky. I'm bummed because I thought that would be his breakout role into features. As I'm sure you must agree, that one has way too much Alpha male hotness to stay confined to television. Please. He is our homegrown, Georgia-bred answer to Gerard Butler. But it's okay if Josh takes his time and selects just the right projects . . .Gerry's made an awful lot of bad movies and I wouldn't wish that on our Sawyer.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 7:34:28 AM PDT
And today's horrible remark: who ever thought that Robin Williams was funny? Mork and Mindy should have told us all we need to know.

And enlarging on that notion--the inhabitants of Mork's planet are clearly really fashion-challenged--even for the 70s.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:43:27 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
@Hikari. I'm actually not new. Been hanging around this awful thread since the beginning.

And I think Robin Williams is hilarious (except in "Mrs. Doubtfire").

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 9:45:10 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
@Hikari: I like Cate Blanchett, too. She seems very classy and always pretty.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:52:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 10:08:51 AM PDT
Shazzbot! Nanoo Nanoo!

Personally I'm not much of a fan of Robin Williams. I can't even remember the last movie of his that I have watched? It was many years ago that's for sure.

He named his daughter Zelda after the Princess in the Nintendo Legend of Zelda videogames and I thought that was kinda cool. It sure beats naming her Peach after Princess Peach in the Mario Brothers games.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 10:10:30 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I like best when he improvises. His mind works very fast.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 10:43:03 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Mrs. Doubtfire is one of those movies that has always gotten a lot of flack and I never understood why. It's a cute little movie and is nothing more or less than what it needed to be.

Another is Last Action Hero. Which I love. It's the perfect self-parody and the fact that it's become so dated now makes it even better.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 11:07:42 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I have always hated "Mrs. Doubtfire". The drag as comedy bit has been done before and done better, and it was just not Robin Williams's best performance. The part where he played with the dinosaurs was supposed to be hilarious, and I just sat there stone-faced.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 11:09:13 AM PDT
Mrs. Doubtfire was a pretty good movie. Last Action Hero is great. I have it in my collection and bring it out every now and again. It's long overdue since my last viewing of it.

Schwarzenegger is HAMLET.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCVc5TaPpe8

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 11:17:17 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Best drag as comedy movie: Too Wong Fu, Thanks for everything -Julie Newmar.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 11:43:15 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
@Savage: No way. The best ones are "La Cage Aux Folles" and "Priscilla Queen of the Desert".

That being said . . . I love the actual Julie Newmar. Meow!

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 12:41:53 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I've never seen the original La Cage Aux Folles, but I do love The Birdcage. Never cared for Priscilla, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 1:19:49 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
"Birdcage" is funny, but it's funny because it follows the original "La Cage", which is a classic.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 3:41:36 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Also because I don't speak French...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 4:06:51 PM PDT
Hikari says:
@RnR
Re. Zelda Williams

Gee, my illusions are blown. :( I thought Robin named his daughter after Scott Fitzgerald's wife.

After all, Mr. Williams DID go to Julliard. I believe he was actually Tommy Lee Jones' roommate. Chris Reeve was another classmate.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 5:08:55 PM PDT
Yoga Punguin says:
How's Annie? How's Annie? How's Annie??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Hey, this really is a bad thread. Think I'll pull it. Damn! Now I'm naked.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 6:01:09 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
@Savage Lucy: I don't speak French either, but it's great even with subtitles.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 8:26:02 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Hey now. If I wanted to read I wouldn't be watching movies.

Exception made for Amelie.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 9:03:33 AM PDT
OK, I will grant that The Birdcage is OK. And that Mr. Williams is better when he is not trying to be funny (e.g. Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Insomnia). But then we have (gulp) Patch Adams.

Today's unpleasing comment: enough with Whitney Houston, already! Enough with Bobbi Kristina, already! (The name alone guarantees a lifetime commitment to therapy.) The train wreck is over. Clear the tracks and get over it.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 9:20:03 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
@Savage Lucy: "Amelie" was a great movie. If you are willing to read subtitles for that, you should be equally willing for "La Cage Aux Folles".

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 2:32:16 PM PDT
I'll never forget the time in Hawaii when a lady from LA said to me "Oh, you Aussies speak American!?!"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 2:58:53 PM PDT
Re: Robin "Jonathan Winters on Crack" Williams...

Wm. Smith,

My favorite review of 'Dead Poets Society' said something like: `Mr. Williams may have set the cause of serious poetry back 150 years.`
I wouldn't give him that much credit. Surely Jimmy Stewart and Jewell deserve some of the credit.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions