Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2176-2200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:25:35 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Eh. When you buy Apple you're paying more for the fact that it is an Apple device. I've had various MP3 players and strongly prefer my little drag-n-drop song loading as opposed to iTunes and the syncing which ruins my playlists.

Nowadays I just keep all my music on my phone.

I never could stand Apple's operating systems. To me they always felt like they were designed for people who were frightened and confused by regular computers.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:38:28 AM PDT
SL: The Apple operating system is now far better than it used to be, based as it is now on Unix. The Apple computer interface and the Windows interface are to all intents and purposes identical. Re: the iPod: since I don't use playlists, I can't speak as to whether or not iTunes does strange things to them, but in my experience it's pretty bulletproof.

My point, largely, is that the industrial design is so good, and the devices so well made, that Apple is justified in earning a premium. How much is a matter of opinion.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:46:14 AM PDT
m flanders has bad heroes. that being said , listening to most rap music is like smearing crap into your ears.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:47:04 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Whatever helps you sleep at night, William.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 11:51:47 AM PDT
I agree the krisnas are zombies. they feed them paste with no protein to make them slaves. I once jumped into the middle of them and danced around chanting " I am brainwashed hare krisna' and the crowd around me was laughing the krisnas just looked at me with those unthinking looks of nothingness. then I saw in paris a christian brainwashed group (not real christains) dancing in step like robots. about fifty of them! in front of notre dame cathedral. How do these cults get you? well; one day a woman came up to me and asked me what I wanted the most? come to our camp and be free. when you get there they don't let you sleep or eat well, they brainwash you. not me though as I told her that since she was coming on to me for her cult she can come to my place instead. that drove her away.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:06:53 AM PDT
SL: No need to be snippy about an opinion. Even if you don't consider it worth the price, you must admit that Apple's industrial design is excellent.

And, for the record, I've been a long-time Windows user--one might say, until quite recently, a Windows bigot. But Microsoft really did us a disservice with Vista; and based on what I've seen (I'm running the beta on one machine), Windows 8 is another huge misstep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 3:54:14 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
>Michael P. Dobey says:
"I agree the krisnas are zombies."<

Actually, that was a letter-to-editor ("Name Withheld By Request via email") that I was quoting there. I don't have enough first hand experience with the Krishnas to seriously comment.
The other thing I was making reference to in that post was George Romero's Krishna zombie ("real" zombie, not just zomb'd out dancer!)

I'll take your word for it.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 9:32:42 AM PDT
I've been using Windows Vista for years now on my old PC here at home and it's been good to me. Now, as for the Windows 7 that I use on my laptop, well that is annoying in how it always needs to update itself. I can't count how many times over the last year that I have had to wait before closing it up after having used it because it was in the process of updating it's files.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 9:42:12 AM PDT
It is true that Microsoft updates the OS frequently. However, Windows 7 is so much faster, and more stable, that Vista. And Windows 8 has really dreadful redesign to the interface. I hoep the final release version will allow you to opt for the Windows 7 interface.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 10:04:20 AM PDT
Romero's movies have the BEST Zombies...Ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 12:33:22 PM PDT
Bull hooey! Walking Dead Zombies Rawk!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 12:51:10 PM PDT
Hahah! Well to be honest, I haven't watched many episodes of The Walking Dead. But out of the ones that I did see, they did have some impressive Zombies.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 10:12:44 PM PDT
If one is to be taken seriously as an afficianado of zombies, Walking Dead is a Must-See! I never cease to be amazed at the level of creativity and thought out logic that goes into the production of each Walker. I cannot recommend this program highly enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 7:34:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 7:53:04 AM PDT
What are you trying to do, Lorraine...Get me to completely max out my credit cards?! Heh. You are really starting to tempt me into buying that first season of TWD. I came THAT close to hitting the 'BUY' button on my order. But I shall wait. I've got too much on my plate right now, but rest assured, I will eventually get around to seeing them all.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:15:19 AM PDT
Well, I can't see how one can use "creativity" and "zombies" in the same sentence. I, for one, am heartily sick of the zombie genre--Romero's films and all their descendants--and would like to see a moratorium imposed NOW.

And, while we are at it--another moratorium on sympathetic vampires.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:21:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 8:36:07 AM PDT
Aw, Shuddup you face, William. The world doesn't have enough Zombie movies, I say. The genre could definitely use a good boost though, like maybe a new Zombie romance series similar to the Twilight movies, something like "Zombie-O and Julie Ate My Face"!?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:11:05 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
Coming to theaters and drive-ins [where available] near you. . . .

Much Ado About Voidoids
Love's Living Dead Lost
The Dybbuk of Venice
The Ghouly Wives of Windsor
Zombeth
Apéthantoi and Cleopatra
The Two Noble Deadites
A Midsummer Night's Scream
The Comedy of Necrovates
Twelfth Fright
Undead Julius Caesar
As You Lich It
The Taming of the Shufflers
King Fear
Soulless Corpses and Cressida
Pericles, Prince of Infected Walkers
The Two Lazarites of Verona
All's Hell That Eats Well

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:21:52 AM PDT
When Harry Ate Sally
You've Got Entrails
Brainless in Seattle

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:33:28 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I am sick of both zombies and vampires. I loved the heck out of True Blood, but I totally don't care that the new season is out now. (Well, except to catch up with Lafayette maybe.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 9:43:38 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
Close:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100919/combined

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:46:45 AM PDT
K. Ramba says:
"Brainless in Seattle"?

I think that's the title of a 90's grunge rock documentary.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:51:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 3:42:45 PM PDT
Addicted to Brains
Wuthering Bites
My Fair Zombie
An Officer and a Zombieman
Zombietanic
Pretty Zombie

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 9:52:31 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
Or more like a documentary about the Microsoft designers or Windows Vista, and Windows 8.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:07:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 10:08:31 AM PDT
And you in turn shuddupa you face, Rock. But I say it with love.

The Zombie genre simultaneously reinvented itself, and destroyed itself, with Night Of The Living Dead. A one-shot wonder. There has been nothing new since. Tedious at best.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:09:25 AM PDT
JB: Window 8 zombies:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant tablet innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnterface........"
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions