Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2201-2225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:23:03 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
(Waves hand in William's face) Oh no, you did'N!!!! You did not just diss my favorite Romero zombie movies!

LOL. Seriously though, the best was yet to come after NOTLD, in my estimates. I still love Dawn, Day, and even Land of the Dead. After those 3 though you'll get no arguments from me, William.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:24:08 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I don't even want to talk about zombies anymore!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:26:00 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Well then, let's give them something to talk about, Lucy. What's on your mind?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:26:57 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Scifi B movies and the 60's New York art scene. But what's changed about that?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:33:50 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
I'm thinking, I'm thinking...?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:34:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 10:36:28 AM PDT
K. Ramba says:
"I don't even want to talk about zombies anymore!"

Hah, I get that all the time from women (especially during foreplay)... DAMES!

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:38:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 10:39:03 AM PDT
SL: One of my favorite dinner party topics, related to the 60s New York art scene:

Andy Warhol. How seriously can you take him as an artist?

Personally, very seriously indeed. Few artists have so dramatically altered our perceptions of what art might be (and, for that matter, cinema); and there is far more range in his work that many might think. Take the look at the electric chair series some time. A modern take on what Goya did with the Caprichos.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:39:43 AM PDT
And, if you prefer, a classic.

The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.

Discuss!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 10:40:12 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Note to self: Do not talk about zombie movies during sex.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:55:37 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I've always thought that Andy Warhol was very well aware what he was doing. And he was screwing with us.

Based on aestetics alone, I do like his work. (Also I can't spell, but you know what I meant.)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:07:10 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Bill Hader was pretty funny as Andy Warhol in Men in Black III.

Andy Warhol: "Dammit K, trying to blow my cover?"
Agent J: "Whoa, Andy Warhol's one of US?"
Andy Warhol: "Who's the dumbass?"
Agent J: "You know, I'd have no problem pimp-slapping the shiznit out of Andy Warhol."

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:25:01 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I do love Bill Hader.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 1:08:09 PM PDT
True Blood has already begun this season by kicking the living (living-dead?) shite out of all of last season, just in the season premiere. Also by bringing Christopher Meloni (Elliot Stabler of Law & Order: SVU) has definitely livened up the screen, and he hasn't even taken off any clothes yet! Definitely worth checking out, SL!
BTW, I agree wholeheartedly with your Warhol perspective. He was genius and a sorely missed influence in the American art scene as it presents itself today.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:11:03 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I don't have HBO so I haven't seen season 4 yet even. Season 3 ended on a pretty stupid note...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 1:21:03 PM PDT
Shame, about the HBO lack...
Season Four continued in pretty much the same vein as S3 finale, but S5is blowing the doors off the dump! Wish you could partake...

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:28:15 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I don't even have DSL at home, so I can't download and watch like I used to.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:45:04 PM PDT
So, so sad! I do feel for you! I'd give you a synopsis of each episode, but that would just wind up being a series of novellas...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 8:23:48 AM PDT
SL: There was clearly an element of play in Warhol's work--actually, it would be interesting to compare his aesthetic with that of Oscar Wilde, since they have many points of commonality.

One of the things I like about art of the 60s is its playfulness--and no one was more playful than Roy Lichtenstein. One of the best shows I've ever seen was a massive retrospective of his work.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:22:27 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I'm only vaguely familiar with Wilde. I have Dorian Grey, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. There's plenty of Oscar Wilde quotes in the movie Velvet Goldmine, though, if you're into that kind of thing. (It basically suggests that Oscar and some people who are not David Bowie or Marc Bolan come from space.)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:39:24 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
I'm painting, I'm painting again .
I'm painting, I'm painting again.
I'm cleaning, I'm cleaning again.
I'm cleaning, I'm cleaning my brain.

Talking Heads Artists Only (HQ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfYZFS7JvT0

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:52:34 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I just love the idea of Oscar Wilde writing (in DORIAN GRAY) about men of his sexual preference being decadent and the Victorians getting sick about it. (It's more subtle to us, but apparently the words Wilde used let the Victorians know exactly what he was talking about.) It also makes a great horror story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:54:03 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Oh come on, RnR . . . some of the act looks like zombies feeding, and the noises you make? What sounds more zombie-like? Maybe the noises you make when you eat a really good Chinese dish that you haven't had in a while?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 10:00:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 10:00:42 AM PDT
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Hmmm? This quite possibly could be the deep down psychological reasonings why I like zombie movies so much?

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 10:06:30 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Kinks, that sounds fabulous. XD

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 10:58:08 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I say: Let your freak flag fly. Next time you are making love, say to your partner sometime in the middle: "You know, this reminds me of that part in 'Day of the Dead' when Dr. Logan gave Bub a bucket of human body parts." See what the reaction is.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions