Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Funkadelic Freestyle Lounge 2.0

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2011 6:46:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2011 8:36:46 AM PDT
Hikari says:
C'mon in all you fresh funksters . . the water is fine & the lounging is hardcore!

This is the new edition of the room formerly known as the Potpourri Lounge, which has been retired by Amazon for reaching maximum post capacity. When I started that little experiment almost one year ago, I had no idea that we'd ever outgrow that room! So thanks everyone, from the bottom of my heart for making my little 'Freedom from On-Topic Tyranny' sanctuary such a success!

I pop the cork on the bottle of 1964 Bollinger I just pulled out of the ice bucket, and I toast you all. Are you ready to Lounge Harder? I am.

For all those who are new to our wild and wacky loungetastic digs, this is the place where there is no specific topic, so no one can scold you to stay on-topic in here. It is barely controlled anarchy. But there is only one house rule--please have fun & keep it civil. Everyone is welcome; hate speech is not. Oh, and there is a 2-drink minimum--but the drinks are on the house, so it'd be silly to stop at two! For all you non-imbibers out there, we have a fully-stocked juice bar, soft drinks on tap, espresso counter and ice cream freezer--knock yourselves out. The furniture is extra-plush and comfy and the Hi-Def wide-screen TVs with Blu-Ray are state-of-the-art.

Thanks for dropping by, everybody. Hope you stay a while and make this room as much fun (or more) as its predecessor. Bienvenue and let's party on!

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 6:59:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2011 11:13:10 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:04:56 PM PDT
Hikari says:
The remotes had better be the only things under my brand-new sofa cushions! Or else it's banishment!

Thanks for stopping in, Rock. I was beginning to feel lonesome in here.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:05:41 PM PDT
"Lounge Harder" is my motto! I just stopped by for a quick glass of Hiki's '64 Bolly (what, no cheap sangria?) and to see who was feeling funkiness comin' on. I'll be a regular at this club, so I expect my usual seat to be available when I stop by!

My netflix queue is now at 115 and counting. Seems very high to me; what lengths are some other people's? (Apparently, size does matter!) wink wink

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:09:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2011 7:53:14 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
*blush* Let me be the first to pee on the new rug with the Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Inr22ZBmdw

I remember when I saw George Clinton at 12 via Lollapalooza. Wasn't my favorite, but at least I got to hear the whole show, and it was memorable. Memorable at least for being the second concert I ever went to.

Let's get this party rolling. . . . . .

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:11:13 PM PDT
OMG! JPB!! The Lounge hasn't even been openned a half hour and you've stained the carpet. I better pour some soda water onto your spot, pronto.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:12:00 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Size does matter, but anything over the first 10 . . .selections . . .is a bit extraneous. One does wonder if there is such a thing as too much length . . .and I say . .yes, there is an optimum length and after that is just too much of a good thing. Movies languishing at slot #115 just feel bad . . .what are the chances of them being viewed either in this lifetime or by the time the subscription is cancelled? Slim to nil, is what. That said, mine's around #115 too. I keep adding, but not taking anything off. Kinda like my Amazon Wish List! I kind of use it as a virtual note pad--if I can find a copy of a DVD at the library, for example, I take it off my Queue, but it's on as a reminder to myself to watch it.

I need to thin mine out. I think 30 or so is probably sufficient, and just reload it every month or so. Seems more manageable that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:13:48 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
I hear you should pour salt on the soiled area before adding the soda water, to avoid a stain.

But why would we want to avoid a stain that cold remind us of such a delightful happening?!

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:13:54 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2012 12:27:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:16:24 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
Tck...Tck....WHOOSH!

The pants...they are a'burnin.

Let's tear the roof off this sucker!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:16:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2011 7:22:19 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Philistines! There will be no bodily fluids or solids emitted in my pristine new Lounge! What, were you raised in a barn?
---
There are very nice bathroom accomodations on the second floor. For those Loungers who want to get really funky and leak bodily fluids, please confine yourselves to the Vinyl Room, I beg you. Any smoking of tobacco or other, please take it outside to the redwood deck and dispose of your butts in the proper receptacles. The conversation is no-holds-barred, but I see no reason why it has to look and smell like Animal House in here. Thank you for your cooperation.

Too bourgeois of me? But really, let's try to avoid unnecessary stainage. You stain it, you clean it. With your tongue. Please take that under advisement.

P.S. In addition to the Vinyl room, there is an Orgy room modelled after the one in Eyes Wide Shut. The staff is very discreet (they are paid very very well to be.) The materials are all sumptuous and stainable. Admission to this VIP area is by invitation only. Mistress H. will tap you if you have been selected for admittance to this select salon prive. Nobody who pees on the floor is getting in for quite a while, though.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:22:15 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
You heard her, JB. Down ya get....on all fours.....thats right....no, don't stop licking....and this spot here.....good.....just a little bit more over there.....very good, now go wash your mouth out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:25:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2012 12:27:45 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:28:04 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
Hey, thems the rules. I'm currently sitting on the carpet sans pants....oh no.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:32:15 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Yes, please take all regurgitated fish byproducts outside if you can make it, or at least to the tiled foyer. We've got some magic stank-neutralizer ordered in by the case. It erases bad odors and will smell like whatever your individual favorite smell is. Cool, huh? No two people will smell the exact same thing but everyone will get their favorite.

Mine might be titled "Hunk fresh from shower". Either that or "Fresh Coffee."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:34:28 PM PDT
Hikari says:
You Aussies! Can't take you anywhere nice, can we? We have a special dirt-floored cubicle just for you, mate. Bring your kip and your vegemite and you'll feel right at home. We'll even toss in some poisonous scorpions to keep things interesting.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 7:34:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2011 11:13:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:38:28 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Take a deep breath and think of Back to the Future and it will pass, Rock. There are no hangovers here. They are not allowed as they seriously interfere with the next day's drinking . . .! You'll be OK. Go have some Evian.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:38:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2012 12:27:53 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:40:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2012 12:28:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:41:07 PM PDT
Oz le Fou says:
Whoops....i already dug up a nice patch in the corner....laid out me swag....i got my own little 'outback' happenin....She'll be right, what with my patch and the cubicle, there's now room for another aussie.

No worries, mate.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:42:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2011 7:44:40 PM PDT
<Hands rock someones purse>

Blooorrrccchh!

Phew! That's a load off. Uh oh, Bella's gonna be pissed if she sees what I just did to her purse. Somebody hide this, quick, and don't say a word. NOT A WORD!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:44:10 PM PDT
"Wait, that's my hat. Give it...nevermind you can keep it."

Why was Bella's wallet in your hat? Oh, this is so confusing!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:47:35 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
Hiki: "Philistines! There will be no bodily fluids or solids emitted in my pristine new Lounge! What, were you raised in a barn?"

Still not too late to rechristen the lounge as punishment to me, is it? I really didn't think you'd take my joky suggestion literally.

>>"Too bourgeois of me? But really, let's try to avoid unnecessary stainage. You stain it, you clean it. With your tongue. Please take that under advisement."<<

That doesn't sound very bourgeois to me -- very kinky as a matter of fact. Punish me, Hiki, come on and Hurt Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biv9K7_Bnc8

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 7:48:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 5, 2012 12:28:09 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2011
Latest post:  May 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions