Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Praise the Avengers Movie, please.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 90 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2012 7:56:06 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I am planning to watch the Avengers this week and would like to hear your praises for the movie.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 8:08:19 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
Or, what...you'll cry?
Only praise is allowed?

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 10:23:37 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
When it makes $207 M over the weekend , Do you want to hear gripes ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 11:09:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 11:11:27 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
What does money have to do with the quality of the movie? We're not allowed to be critical of things that make over 200 Million!?

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 11:17:19 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
If I read gripes then I will change my mind about seeing the Avengers. I made this thread to determine if I should see the Avengers now with all the crowds or later when the crowds die down. But if you want to gripe about The Avengers then lets hear your spiel.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 11:29:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 11:30:38 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
I haven't seen it, and likely won't this Month. Sorry for wasting your time. I was just curious why it was you appeared to only want to hear from one side of the aisle (the uncritical raves)?

>"would like to hear your praises for the movie" ...
"When it makes $207 M over the weekend , Do you want to hear gripes ?"<

I couldn't connect with these things. Before I spend $10, or whatever it is, I want to hear why people thought it was good AND why people thought it stunk (if they do.)
To only want to hear the hype because it makes a lot of money . . .sounds a tad tool-like to me.

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:59:08 AM PDT
Molly says:
Avengers Rocks! Why? The super heroes we have grown up with have now come to life on the big screen.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:50:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 7:51:24 AM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
Molly

What, the Avengers who have had earlier movies didn't come to life in them? I take it you thought Thor, Green Lantern, Incredible Hulk, etc. were unsatisfactory in some ways. Please explain.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:54:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 10:46:31 AM PDT
Cat says:
I took my whole family to it. 8 of us including my husband and me. Our kids are ages 20 to 4. They all loved it including my husband who doesn't always like the same kind of shows that we like. I was a bit concerned taking my 7 and 4 year old to it, but there was enough action to keep them from getting bored during the talking parts that they were better than some of the adults in the theater. It was a fun action movie that just entertained and surprised you the whole way.

BTW - I liked all the movies leading up to the Avengers in varing degrees. We did watch most of them the week or so before we went to see the movie. My favorite is still Captain America with a close second as Iron Man.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:36:53 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Was it a really packed theater ? I don't like to watch with too big a crowd.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:45:47 AM PDT
Cat says:
It was packed. We even went to the 10:30 a.m. showing not 3D. There wasn't an empty seat. Of course it was the day after it opened so maybe a week day matinee would have a chance of being empty but I think weekends are going to be full for awhile. I have friends who are going to see it multiple times in the theater. I would like to but I don't have that much time to go and do activites like that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:46:55 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
then I should wait a week or two before I see it.

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:51:45 AM PDT
i went on a sat evening(6 pm) and it was pretty full by the time the movie started. and it was great. the hulk steals the show in a couple of scenes. and we'll leave out the spoilers... unless you just really want some...

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:52:53 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Go ahead, I usually forget what I read and just enjoy the movie anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:54:46 AM PDT
Cat says:
The Hulk and Loki sceen was our favorite followed by the Hulk and Thor sceen.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:58:57 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I have already read what happens in those scenes from other sites so I know the Hulk pretty much steals the show.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:04:21 AM PDT
the best hulk scene is during the big battle at the end and loki is facing the hulk and is building up an 'im better you' speech and hulk just grabs him and slams him about ten times

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:05:12 AM PDT
the helicarrier flying out of the water was pretty cool too.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:07:02 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
How did Thanos look ?

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:10:23 AM PDT
very, very cool.. i actually got about a half second warning the guy that was talking to the back of his chair said that fighting the avengers was like inviting death, there was just a slight enough pause for me to say nooooooooooo.... and then there he was

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:11:38 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I hope he looks better than Galactus in FFROSS.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:13:53 AM PDT
worlds better, hes more than a cloud of dust and a shadow

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:17:32 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I can't wait then.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:19:02 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I only hope that my Favorite ~ Hulk gets to smash a lot of things. The last two Hulk movies , they dumbed down his strength.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:21:47 AM PDT
mark ruffalo did a great job of playing banner, and the writers did a great job of giving him the opportunity too.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  May 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions