Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Candlebox Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Babble

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 100 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2012 7:59:25 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Hi, all. Welcome to 'The Babble'. This is a forum for discussing your favorite movies, whether of the TV, Independent, or blockbuster variety. Heck I even welcome discussions about your favorite straight to DVD flick. A Word of warning however, I don't want arguments or silly comments. Playful teasing is allowed, because that's fun and I want this forum to be fun. With all that said, please enjoy yourselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 4:20:42 AM PDT
Hi JB.xxxI'll start the ball rolling..one of my faves must be 'dirty dancing'..I love all the sexy dance moves...really hot!!..never really fancied Patrick Swayzee but his moves were really something!!I also liked him in "ghost"i blubbed at that one..it was shame that he died in real life...anyway i'm gunna hit the shops...See ya later cowboy.xxxx.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:23:51 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Hey Linzy, thanks for getting the ball rolling.
I remember Dirty Dancing from my childhood. My sister made me watch and now I can't help but hate it. Ghost, however, was a great movie that I've seen multiple times. The cast, Demi Moore, Whoopie Goldberg, and Swayze were brilliant. 'Ghost' is a real classic. See yah later.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 12:30:46 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I'd like to pose a question to all the Big Lebowski fans checking out this forum. If the Coen Brothers decided to make a sequel, how would you feel? Would you be outraged? Excited? Or nervous that it would end up like the Dumb & Dumber sequel, 'When Harry met Loyd'.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 7:58:08 AM PDT
"The Big Lebowski" is actually a sequel to "The Fisher King."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 8:09:40 AM PDT
Hikari says:
@Cilantron--
Is it? I didn't know. I thought the Fisher King was a very good film. I have seen Lebowski and while I don't quite grasp the cult fanaticism it has engendered, I am a Jeff Bridges fan.

So, to answer J.B. Taylor's question, I think it matters less how 'we' feel about a Lebowski sequel but rather how 'The Dude' feels about it. If Bridges were game (an absolute necessity) then that would be the main obstacle removed. Do I think it would be a *good* idea, to revisit Dude at 60? Not necessarily. Lightning in a bottle rarely strikes twice.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 10:23:03 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Are you sure about that? I've never heard anything like that before.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:35:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 10:36:54 AM PDT
Hey Yous guys...If you love Jeff Bridges...Have you seen The Door In The Floor??? A most brilliant film imo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRoo2qvhQGg

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:37:36 AM PDT
I've got both The Fisher King and The Big Lebowski dvd's over on the bookcase ready and waiting to be watched!! I'm looking forward to watching them, and then we can talk about them :))

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 10:40:30 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I'm looking forward to the conversation, it should be fun. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 10:41:52 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Thanks for the link bittersweet. I haven't seen this film, but if you like it, it must be good. So i'll definitely check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 10:48:19 AM PDT
♥ ILJG ♥ !!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:31:08 AM PDT
Hikari says:
@SB
Have seen 'Door in the Floor', from Netflix. I was very impressed with the performances. Kind of an ooky story, so sad . .but one that sticks in the mind long after.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:36:27 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Well, now I'm definitely interested in the flick if you like it. You seem to have pretty good taste. I'll give the movie a shot. Thanks for stopping by, hope you come back again.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 1:05:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 1:06:31 PM PDT
@Hikari....I know...You can always tell a beautifully filmed intelligent movie can't you??? I have watched it over and over and it never loses it's appeal or charm....

I keep wanting to type JB not to mistake Bridges for our very own JB lol....He is brilliant isn't he and plays such a scallywag Sooo purrrrfectly doesn't he???

@ JB....Ha! thanks...I will FLY by again!!! winks*..Meanwhile I hope that you do put this film in your queue for another time AFTER Halloween!!! lol

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 1:13:58 PM PDT
H: Fisher King has one virtue, and that is Jeff Bridges.

I long ago lost any patience whatsoever with anything Terry Gilliam did post-Python.

As to a sequel to The Big Lebowski--I can't see it. It should stand alone. Let the Dude abide.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 2:14:08 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I will most certainly put it in my Queue. I can't wait to watch it. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 2:58:16 PM PDT
Hikari says:
@JB
Did we mention that "Door in the Floor" has Kim Basinger? Not that you need an extra push to see it.

DITF is one of those little movies that I never would have heard about if it weren't for Netflix. It is a very poignant story about the disintegration of a marriage after a couple loses a child. The acting is top-notch. Your heart will break. Bridges is one of our most understated actors, but what he can do with an economy of scene speaks volumes.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:03:22 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
RE: Did we mention that "Door in the Floor" has Kim Basinger? Not that you need an extra push to see it.

I did not know that. :) Now the movie is going even higher up my queue. Usually I don't watch dramas, but the level of talent in this flick has me intrigued. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:20:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 3:23:26 PM PDT
Hikari,

No, 'The Fisher King' has nothing to do with 'Lebowski' (neither here nor there: I thought it was a very bad movie).
The movie Cilantron could have remarked on as a precursor to 'The Big Lebowski' is undoubtedly: 'Cutter's Way'. A very good movie, well worth seeing. The relationship between Cutter (John Heard, playing a disgruntled Viet vet) and Bone (Jeff Bridges, playing a post-hippie) is uncannily similar to Goodman and Bridges' relationship in 'Lebowski'. That's not coincidental. It's Coencidental: they saw the movie and were clearly riffing off it, among others.

If you ever see 'Lebowski' again, take note of Ben Gazzara's chacrater ("Jackie Treehorn"): in many way it's a continuation of his character in 'The Killing of a Chinese Bookie'.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:26:19 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Thanks for the link. I'll have to check this film out. Man, my Netflix queue is growing bigger and bigger by the day.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 3:52:24 PM PDT
Mickey Ryan says:
One of my favorite movies with Jeff is also one of his most underrated ~ Fearless

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 3:53:56 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I've never seen this flick. Thanks for the link. That's one more flick to add to my queue.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 4:58:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 4:58:52 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I'm curious to know everyone's favorite straight to DVD flick. My personal favorite would have to be, The Maiden Heist This movie was a lot of fun to watch from beginning to end. Morgan Freeman gives one of his best performances in this film.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:32:39 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Because I made this forum, I'll break the rules momentarily to provide you all with a very funny YouTube video that I think you all will enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWNzgpVf7Cg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  100
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions