Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Best comedy sequel

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2010 5:48:47 PM PDT
G. Gose says:
As we all know comedy sequels have most been flops and are not as funny as the original. For example Police Academy sequels, Caddyshack II, Blues Brothers 2000 etc. In fact I can only think of two comedy sequels that are even better than the original and that is Clerks II and Shrek II. So list any comedy sequels that equalled or was better than the original.

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 6:29:58 PM PDT
In the words of Jack Benny . . . "I'm thinking!"

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 7:20:07 PM PDT
The Naked Gun 2 1/2 and 33 1/3
Hot Shots! Part Deux
Austin Powers In Goldmember

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 8:04:17 PM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Shanghai Knights.

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 8:41:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2010 8:50:59 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Back to the Future Part 2, most definitely. And I thought Ace Ventura Pet Detective 2: When Nature Calls was funnier than the first one.

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 5:42:04 PM PDT
Texas Tea says:
Wow! I had to think long and hard about this one, as there are so few comedic sequels as good as the first one. How about "Men In Black II" w/Will Smith & Tommy Lee Jones and a great performance by Lara Flynn Boyle? I guess I just like the whole idea of MIB and all of the aliens having speaking parts. FYI: MIBIII-D is scheduled for filming this Fall with release in 2012 & Will Smith has signed to reprise his role, while Tommy Lee Jones is in negotiations to do so. Sacha Baron Cohen is also contracted, while Josh Brolin is supposed to play the young Tommy Lee Jones in flashbacks which are part of the story.

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 6:07:18 PM PDT
american pie 2 and american wedding were both funnier than american pie

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 12:39:51 PM PDT
man I loved Austin Powers Goldmember

one of those movies that don't get old, it's not even a genre I like at all but I would love to see a new AP movie.

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 10:10:46 PM PDT
Balok says:
Negatory on MIB:II, Good Buddy. The first was cute and about as original as a movie based on a comic book can be, with great performances from Rip Torn and Vince D'Onofrio. The second movie suffered from two major flaws: one was that the plot was a lot weaker, and the other was that Rip Torn was basically given nothing to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2010 1:57:35 AM PDT
I chose to boycott "MIB II" soley based on Linda Fiorentino's absence. I thought it was very sexist of the filmmakers to dismiss her character and foolishly bring back Tommy Lee Jones even though his character's memory was erased at the end of the first movie. I liked that in the animated series they incorporated all three agents. I guess they thought the sequel wouldn't have been profitable if they just went with Will Smith and Linda Fiorentino. Pity.

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 4:59:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2011 1:51:11 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 7, 2010 7:37:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:35:57 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 4:23:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:26:15 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 5:25:05 PM PDT
We will soon see if the Johnny English sequel is funnier than the first. Starring Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean), the first movie was piss-your-pants funny.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 7:37:14 PM PDT
drolmorg says:
Goldmember

Evil Dead 2

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 7:39:48 PM PDT
'Analyze That' seemed equal to 'Analyze This'.
I did not see 'The Hangover 2' yet but if anyone has an opinion on how it compared to the first one then feel free to provide your take on it.
Hope there will be a sequel to 'Bad Santa' some day.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 7:47:18 PM PDT
Quexos says:
Addams Family Values barely edges out the first one for me

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 7:54:37 PM PDT
Hikari says:
ILHJ digs deep in the archives for this one! Last year . . . and languishing at 12 posts . . already it's had 50% more just today.

If non-sequential sequels can count . . . "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" comes close to capturing the zaniness of the original. "European Vacation"--let's forget that one ever existed.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 9:22:10 PM PDT
7 & 7 IS says:
"The Return Of The Pink Panther" & "The Pink Panther Strikes Again" were both a lot funnier than "The Pink Panther" or "A Shot In The Dark"

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 9:52:29 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
1. A Very Brady Sequel.(sequel to the Brady Bunch Movie)
2. Let's Do It Again.(sequel to Uptown Saturday Night)
3. Next Friday (Sequel to Friday)
4. House Party 2
5. Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo.
6. The Jerk,Too(TV Sequel to the Jerk)
7. Christmas Vacation 2.
8. Honey,I blew up the Baby (sequel to Honey,I Shrunk the Kids)
9. Gremlins 2: The Next Batch.
10. The Gods Must Be Crazy 2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions