Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > MP3 Player forum

Long lasting mp3 player?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2012 1:53:31 AM PDT
M. says:
Do you have an mp3 player that has lasted through more than 2 years of frequent use, without glitches? I'd really like to know, because there are a lot of reviews for the current most popular models claiming they act up or stop working altogether after a few months. Everything is so poorly made nowadays!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:08:05 AM PDT
K. Hardaway says:
I've had a sansa fuze 8gb since it came out in 2008 and still use it frequently. Love it. Also recently got a friend's hand me down 3rd gen ipod nano and that works great as well.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:49:41 AM PDT
JC says:
I have an iPod Touch 2g that I have had for several years. Other than running out of space (I only have the 8GB model), it works flawlessly. And I use it for a couple of hours almost every day.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 3:20:58 PM PDT
Jois says:
Good question. I've had my Creative Zen Vision M since May of 2007 and it still works and I love it. Unfortunately they no longer make this model MP3 player which is a shame because it is really wonderful. Only negative is after all the years of using it and charges the battery life of course is not like it used to be and I may either need to replace it or look into buying a new player. I worry if I purchase a brand new one how long it will last at least compared to the one I currently own.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 9:30:43 PM PDT
Colson says:
My 120GB Zune has lasted me for over 4 years, and is still chugging, with no problems. It's survived being in a filled bookbag for hours on end, many travels (car, bus, plane), and has been dropped numerous times (accidentally, I do try my best to take decent care of my things!). From afar, it looks pretty normal, only on closer inspection can you see some nicks on the corners, a small dent on the side, and a few tiny scratches on the screen. Considering what this Zune has been through, that's not bad at all, imo. Zunes were made to last, it's a shame they were discontinued :/

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 3:51:54 AM PST
Rose P in PV says:
Have a Creative Zen Nano Plus that's been used since 2007. Still going strong. Use daily to listen to audiobooks while dog walking. Also have a Sansa Clip+ (one year old) that's just as easy to use and sounds great. (They both sound great to me.)

Too bad they no longer make the Nano Plus since it uses a rechargeable battery (AAA). Hope it keeps working indefinitely.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 7:40:30 AM PST
Das Leid says:
I second the praise for the Creative Vision M, I have a 60 gb that I am listening to right now. I got it around 2006-2007 and used it daily for a couple of years, then got other smaller MP3 players that I used more often (easier to fit in pocket, etc.) but I still came back to the Vision M a few times a week since I was able to fit virtually all my music collection on it. In the last couple of months I've started using it daily again, to listen to audiobooks as I go to sleep, since my i-Pod touch developed a problem with the headphone jack, so I can only use bluetooth headphones to listen to it. The Vision M is still going strong and the battery life is still very good, at least a few hours of playback per charge.

I also picked up a refurbished 30 gb version of the Vision M about a year ago as a backup in the event my 60 gb version dies, since I love the Vision M so much I don't want to be without one. I got the refurb from the Creative site in their Outlet section, I don't imagine they'll have any more, but if you're in the market for a Vision M it wouldn't hurt to check every so often. I think I've seen some Vision Ms on e-bay also. If you're really looking for a long-lasting, reliable player and don't mind that it isn't as small, sleek, and sexy as players available now, and don't need bluetooth, etc. then definitely consider the Vision M if you can find one.

I also had pretty good experience with a Sansa Fuze until I accidentally left it in my jeans pocket and sent it through a complete wash cycle. Even after that, after it dried out for a couple of months, it will now take a charge and even power on and play on occasion, but not reliably.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 Player forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions