Customer Discussions > MP3 Player forum

MP3 Players for Audio Books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2009 6:40:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2009 6:45:29 PM PST
S. L. Adams says:
I'm trying to compare and find info. regarding MP3 Players and Sony Walkman for the best solution to downloading public library audio books. Been looking at Creative Zen X-Fi, Mosaic as well as some of the Walkman's with FM tuners. Overwhelmed! They both have some issues. Worried about the most storage, user ease, and longevity of life with the machine that is?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2009 10:18:32 AM PST
I am (and have been for quite some time) a Creative user, and I highly recommend any Zen product, and the X-Fi seems to get good reviews (I don't have it, I have the recently released Zen), but it's Zen, and with the X-FI technology it should be good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2009 5:46:09 PM PST
R. McGuire says:
I have the Creative Zen 32BG (flash memory) player and use it primarily for downloads from my library MP3 and WMA formats. My back up when needed it my Zen Vision M 30GB (hard drive) It has been great! I got it when first released. It does great with bookmarking. You can't use the SD car for the library downloads. I don't know about the Zen X Fi, but would think it would be a good player. Hope this helps. I much prefer the Zen product over any other. I use the Windows Media Player to transfer audio books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2009 8:40:03 PM PST
S. Davis says:
I am an avid audiobook "reader" and I love the Sansa Fuze. The sound is great and dragging and dropping files is a breeze. I also enjoy the fact that I can listen to FM radio and can record songs from the radio. Finally, I can make voice recordings - which I do for meetings and grocery lists.

I enjoy using it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2009 5:20:28 PM PST
Weatherly says:
There is another thread on this same forum called "What's the best player for Audiobooks." It has more than 500 posts and it is a wealth of information. Just keep reading. Most of your questions will be answered, I think, and it will probably offer a few pointers that you haven't even considered yet.

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 1:43:57 PM PDT
V. Willard says:
I would love to find a mp3 player that is great for audio books and dvds. I have no interest in music. I would also hope to download both of these as easily as possible. Is there anything on the market to meet my needs?

Posted on Jun 21, 2009 11:16:07 AM PDT
I have a Zen and a Sansa and like them both. Here is my problem. When we lose our electricity for more than a few hours, I cannot use either of them. Is there a good, simple player that uses the regular AA or AAA batteries? My panasonic cassette and CD players would play for 24 hours on one battery. I would love to be able to hear my books when the lights go out (in Georgia or anywhere else):-)

Andrea

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2009 5:08:45 AM PDT
I am a newby - how do I get to the post "What's the best player for Audiobooks?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 12:01:46 AM PDT
C. Holt says:
Get this Ultrabattery 2200MAH Rechargeable USB Power Bank (Discontinued by Manufacturer) or something like it. Alkaline battery tech is becoming extinct for portable devices and with a rechargeable battery pack you can "future proof" yourself and also not be stuck with the usually dismal features of players that use standard batteries.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 9:17:06 AM PDT
Thank you SO much. This is just what I was looking for.

Andrea

Posted on Jun 30, 2009 9:38:22 AM PDT
C. Holt says:
No problem. I found another one that is even more flexible, you can use it to recharge rechargeable batteries, or use it with alkaline batteries in a pinch (like when the power fails and you realize it's not charged up)
Tekkeon TekCharge Mobile Power and Battery Charger
That one is less expensive too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2009 10:20:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2009 10:21:21 AM PDT
Now I have to make a decision:-)

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 2:37:55 PM PDT
Nancy Kerrin says:
There are problems with both of your mentioned products - I have them both, avidly listen to audio books downloaded from the library, and have found the old Sony Walkman worked great - until the battery lost its life and will no longer charge, so I bought a new one, 8G. I was just on Chat with Sony and, guess what? Mine will not resume where I left off, and he said that is the way it is, not capable of resuming audio books. Back to the store it goes! My Creative Zen was great until I bought a new laptop with Windows 7 - their tech people insisted it is compatible with 7, but I could not download anything, so away it went to the donation bin. Hope this helps. From what I read, I am going to try Sansa.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 7:43:55 AM PDT
AshenTech says:
the sony can resume audio books but from what i remember you have to put them in podcasts not the audiobooks folder or something, check with anythingbutipod forums, the manual supposedly has info about that in it(was helping a buddy with the same issue) sony support is useless.....

I prefer my cowons, my c2 16gb+32gb card works great and dosnt give me headakes that sony devices always have :P

Denny, you really need to check out anythingbutipod forums, they can help where creative/sony support fail you(or most other companies support fails you...)

make sure that if you want best maturity of device you get a classic fuze, clip+ or clip zip, the fuze+ firmware is still a work in progress last time i used one(they are ok players but the firmware could be better)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 11:11:50 AM PDT
Sometimes I plug my Zen Mosaic into my car's cell phone charger. It charges very slowly but I can listen while it's plugged in. Very handy if my battery gets low while I'm driving.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 2:38:38 PM PDT
AshenTech says:
J. Purdee: if you get a better usb charger for your car it will charge faster, you should get no less then a 1amp(1000mah), they are hard to find but if you can get a 2amp(2000mAh) you will be golden.....

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 8:25:40 AM PDT
Kelly says:
I am considering a Sansa Fuze or Creative Zen M300. I would like to be able to have a radio with my mp3 player. And also I would like to download from a libraries website. I'd also like to check out audio books on c.d. and upload them into my computer and drag them into my player. I'm not sure if this is possible. I read that the Creative Zen has no rewind or fast forward options. This could be a problem because I will be using it at work. Do any of these players have pause or bookmark options? I've never had mp3 player before. I could use some advice. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 9:55:42 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
I just answered you in the other thread.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:27:58 AM PST
Lin Hall says:
I have had 3 Sansas. The first one, a little larger than the newer ones was the best. Much longer battery life! I even dropped it and ran over it in the driveway and it still works. My only real complaint is that I use it while I'm working in my shop (with it in my pocket) and if you bump it, it jumps to a different part of the book. The newer clips lock so that doesn't happen but the battery life is awful if you use it all day like I do. Lin

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 2:47:18 PM PST
AshenTech says:
the clips max around 15hrs battery life, thats with low bitrate mp3 files with the screen off not being touched(pause/skip use power and shorten batt life), its a big part of why alot of us buy other devices....battery life is just to short.....

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 5:56:30 PM PST
audioreader says:
I have a Philips CD player that will play MP3 audiobooks also, but if I shut it off it will go back to the beginning when I turn it back on. The other CD's resume where I left off. What is the feature called that will let MP3's resume at the point I stopped listening? Also, any suggestions as to what CD player I should buy will be appreciated.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the MP3 Player forum (768 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 Player forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions