Customer Discussions > MP3 Player forum

most comfortable ear buds

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2011 6:00:00 AM PST
marc4 says:
finally, really comfortable ear buds!! have had many kinds of earbuds but recently got new ones that came with a sanza mp3 player -were super comfortable! think it was basically the slip-on cloth-like covering over the bud. can anyone else recommend a similar (or better) product?

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 6:56:15 AM PST
Ivy says:
My kids like the Skull Candy brand. They're all relatively inexpensive and I've heard there's no difference in sound quality between the more and less expensive ones. They're sold at music stores, Target, Sports Authority, etc.

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 4:01:21 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 24, 2011 1:58:49 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 12:06:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2011 12:07:06 PM PDT
J. Taylor says:
I'm a huge fan on the Griffin ear buds. The sound quality is excellent and it comes with three different ear bud sizes (I use the smallest size). The downside is that you can't find them in the store, I don't know why, they are so amazing! But you can buy them cheap on Amazon or eBay.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 4:13:33 PM PDT
marc4 says:
thanks, want to try them!! do they come w/ foam coating?

have found for the most part, the comfort seems to increase as the amount of foam cushioning increases...

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 9:27:54 AM PDT
You may get better bass response with rubber vs foam - I find the Sony earbuds to be extremely comfortable (easy to wear for 8 hours+ if you need to) and the build quality is excellent. If you want a step up in sound and are willing to pay for it the Klipsch earbuds are supposed to be very comfortable. A step up from the Klipsch would be the Monster Turbine and Monster Turbine Pro Gold - The Golds come with a ton of different tips so you are sure to find one that works for you (not sure about the amount of tips with the regular Turbines since I got them refurbished for cheap through the Monster online outlet site).

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:47:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2011 9:48:08 AM PDT
AshenTech says:
soundmagic pl-50's with sony hybrid tips are the most comfortable in ears I have ever found, I have tried a literal stack of different ones, the bonous is they also sound GREAT and are well built(i have had mine for years now and i still fall asleep at night with them in, and at times have them in and forget they are there when at work!!!

Also the MeeEletronics (meelec) m6's with hybrid tips(the stock tips arent bad, the hybrids are just alot better.

you can also get knock off hybrids that are very good from "lostearbuds" on ebay (what i use now).

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 12:08:52 PM PDT
Kim, CVT says:
Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INCZ-043 (Purple/Black)

I have had these ear buds by Skull Candy for 3+ years and LOVE them! They are super comfortable and sometimes I even forget I'm wearing them. The sound quality is fantastic and they come in a lot of great colors. I recommend them to all my friends :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2011 3:55:35 AM PDT
Catfish man says:
I like the Skullcandy INK'd too, for the price they sound great. Sometimes you can find them on sale for less than $10. I have a couple pair and I wore one out (broken wire) after years of use. They come with 3 sizes of tips and block out a lot of external noise.

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 8:43:49 PM PDT
Does anyone have trouble keeping your earbuds in your ears? They seem to slip out the longer I wear them???

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2011 11:46:35 AM PDT
Chris Ruch says:
You might want to try a different size insert... most earbuds come with a few sizes. I believe there are some models, specifically for sports, that will stay in better if you get sweaty. You could also look into models that hook over the ear.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:15:41 PM PDT
Karen Jones says:
thebklipsch are painful after a short time...there is no padding

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 10:27:52 PM PDT
JC says:
I like the Skullcandy brand too, but I disagree about the sound quality vs. price. The 50/50, Titan, and Smokin' ones (which are more expensive) do sound much better than the cheaper ones, although the cheaper ones do not sound bad. I've tried them all, listening to the same songs, and the more expensive ones do have better sound, particularly with the bass.

You can get them for half of the list price if you buy them at a store like Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

I've also had some from Sony, I think they were called "bumpin' buds" or something like that, that sounded pretty good and were very comfortable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 6:39:04 PM PDT
Robb Dopke says:
I agree. I have used several pairs of the Inkd & 2XL from Skull Candy. Most were bought for around $10 if you look at major box store's Sunday ads.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 5:14:54 AM PDT
LLD says:
I love my Bose. Every other earbud set I've had tended to break connection where the wire meets the plug end. Bose designed theirs so the end wire is bent.

The included 3 earbud rubbers which are comfortable. They are more oval shaped than round.

The sound quality is amazing.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 8:03:26 AM PDT
jadeddj81 says:
JVC HA-FX35-B Soft Marshmallow Stereo Headphones (Black)

Inexpensive, comfortable and powerful sound.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 2:39:25 PM PDT
Best Sound Quality And Comfort I Have Ever Owned (For An In Ear).
JVC HAFXC80 Black Series In-Ear Carbon Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 12:46:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 12:50:55 AM PDT
esanta says:
Most comfortable earbuds I got are Klipsch. Even their inexpensive lower end model, the Image S2, sounds fantastic and feels really comfy. Note that these are sound isolators that will cut you out from surrounding noise. It's great on an airplane or a train, but it can be lethal if you're walking or biking.
Note -- I just realized that the S2 is currently selling at inflated prices; your best bet is the red S3 for $26, an outstanding value.

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:16:48 PM PDT
I bought these a few months ago JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black). I love them. Great sound quality and they fit in my ears without falling out.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:25:40 AM PDT
F. Brass says:
Love Skull Candy. Cheap, very comfortable, great sound and now with iPhone mic.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 7:27:54 PM PDT
BooBoo says:
Skull Candy is horrific. The sound quality is always terrible and the build quality is as well.

Get some cheap Koss's or something if you only want to spend a few bucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:11:50 AM PDT
K. Hardaway says:
I like the earbuds with the hook to go around the back of your ears. They guarantee that my earbuds don't fall out.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:35:01 PM PST
Have you tried the new apple buds? They blow the old annoying version out of the water.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the MP3 Player forum (765 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 Player forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions