Customer Discussions > MP3 Player forum

playback error instant video

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2012 4:39:28 PM PST
patrick says:
i just bought a movie on instant video and i had to down load the newest adobe flash player did that and now its saying playback error need help

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 7:49:57 PM PDT
R. Vincill says:
bump

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 12:01:02 PM PDT
S. Cannon says:
I've updated flashplayer on my Mac but continue to get repeated messages from Amazon Prime instant streaming that it cannot play and i need to update my flash player. Not sure what's up, but I CAN view almost everything I'm not interested in viewing, and cannot play Downton Abbey without getting stopped with this message. Weird.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 4:27:02 PM PDT
I am having the same problem. It seems to have started when I updated Adobe Flash a couple of days ago. Idea?

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 7:11:36 PM PDT
S. Cannon says:
Amazon tech support solved this for me -- use Chrome as your browser, not Firefox or Safari. They're working it out with Adobe.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 6:48:06 PM PDT
R. Tanner says:
The problem is I already am using Chrome, and got this message :/

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:46:46 PM PDT
Nate F says:
Chrome was giving me problems and nothing I did seem to help, so I switched to Internet Explorer (which I never use) and installed Adobe 11. It updated the player and I was able to watch my movie without it giving me a hassle. I hope you have as much luck as I did.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:41:39 PM PST
E. Fuller says:
Same here - Chrome user, everything fine until a couple days ago, now it won't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 5:53:50 AM PST
Wombley says:
Just encountered the error w/ Firefox after a year of flawless operation. I updated Flash as instructed and it doesn't work. I'm considering canceling Prime.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:45:16 PM PST
I have same problem now on 11/24/2012. Using IE with latest Flash update. Worked fine 11/18 & 11/19.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:18:47 PM PST
simbin says:
bump

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:26:42 PM PST
J. Locke says:
I had to use Opera to watch video on Amazon. However, I am able to watch Amazon video with Chrome but it's random.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:50:47 AM PST
C. Lea says:
I uninstalled Chrome (which never worked) and uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled Adobe (both plugin and active x) for Firefox and IE and I am getting the error message. I had no problem watching video before Sunday, Dec 16 - earlier in the day I watched Cranford - later in the day video would not work and I tried both IE and Firefox repeatedly since reinstalling Adobe on Monday (Firefox was what I had been watching on). Now I get the error message on both. This started the day of the end of my trial sub - wish I had cancelled.

There seems to be no real support - Amazon seems to blame Adobe but the problem lies with them. I have no problem watching video on USA, Fox, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 8:33:53 PM PST
I had the same problem after I updated to Flash Player version 11.5.502.135. This version won't work with Amazon Instant Videos no matter what browser I used, whether IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. I uninstalled version 11.5.502.135 and downloaded 11.4.402.287, which I found working on another computer. I now have Amazon working again in IE and Firefox.

Use this link to find out what Adobe Flash version you are using:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Older Flash player version can be downloaded here:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#flash_player_archives

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:15:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 4, 2013 11:06:09 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:18:54 PM PST
Shawn Lewis says:
John Saint Joseph has it correct. Adobe Flash 11.5 caused this error in IE9. I was able to fix my problem only by uninstalling it and installing the archived 11.4 player. Thereafter, it worked fine in IE9. Here's the link for Flash 11.4: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.4.402.287_archive.zip

Once you download the zip, extract it to a folder. Open the non-debug folder, then run the uninstaller. Then run the installer EXE. The readme.txt in the zip file will tell you which files are for which browser (in my case, it was the ActiveX (AX) package).

Hope this helps!

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 9:42:24 AM PST
M. Baker says:
Same problem. Thanks to this thread, I switched back to IE (which I never use anymore) and it worked.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013 6:19:41 PM PST
I found that the simplest way to get around this problem (if you know you have the latest player installed) is to just restart my computer- I know, pain in the butt, but it worked for me-

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 4:16:36 PM PDT
Mike says:
You may want to try this for the Chrome web browser.
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2898352
Amazon's site may be denied from running flash. In the "Unsandboxed plug-in access" then 'Manage Exceptions' section, check that Amazon is not denied.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2013 6:34:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 21, 2013 6:36:16 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 21, 2013 9:36:12 AM PDT
A. L. says:
Why exactly does the Amazon player require unsandboxed plug-in access (this was the problem for me after I denied it the first time)? The video playback worked perfectly while I left the prompt up, but when I hit deny, it abruptly stopped streaming.

Posted on May 17, 2013 5:46:14 PM PDT
Alex says:
I'm having this issue now myself. It let me use on Chrome for one episode of Psych then the next day I can't watch Big Bang Theory on Firefox or Chrome. Haven't tried IE yet due to the fact I had it removed from my computer. Error 6031 is the code.

Posted on Jun 4, 2013 1:31:51 PM PDT
ARD says:
i had problem on TV, son never got to watch, only worked when he wasn't available bummer.

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 3:27:05 PM PDT
Matt says:
Chrome ships with an 'internal' version of shockwave installed. I believe this issue occurs when you install a second one on top of it. With two versions running together, conflicts can arise.

When I had this problem, I went into chrome://plugins and found I had two flash/shockwave plugins installed. I disabled the older one, reloaded Amazon and it started working again.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 6:43:41 PM PDT
Avinash Vyas says:
I'm using my computer as well as my blu ray player to watch amazon instant video and I'm seeing the same error on my blu ray player as well. I restarted it so many times and even checked my settings. Not able to resolve it. Looks like will have to give Amazon tech support a call. Will update once I speak with them.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the MP3 Player forum (768 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 Player forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions