Customer Discussions > MP3 Player forum

playback error instant video

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 12, 2014 3:43:00 PM PST
Scarlett says:
Just started having problem a few days ago - when I am viewing a movie on my roku from Amazon Prime, the movie streams for a few minutes only, and then it stops and message says "loading, please wait" all thru the movie !!! what's up???

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2014 8:42:15 PM PDT
I had this issue on my iPad too. I signed out, closed the app, restarted, then signed back in. It worked after that

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 5:45:41 AM PDT
Tahl says:
Playback error on videos through Amazon Instant Video player on iPad today -- downloaded videos had been playing fine on this same iPad as recently as yesterday morning. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2014 1:38:38 PM PDT
Same thing here! I've watched all the way up to Season 3, just bought Season 4 and I keep getting this error on my macbook

Posted on Apr 12, 2014 4:17:40 PM PDT
D. Wahng says:
Might be your payment info. I updated now it work sfine.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2014 9:14:07 AM PST
Stephanie says:
Thanks for this! I had both issues two versions of Shockwave and Silverlight all conflicting. Just disabling one Shockwave didn't work for me but when I found your post and disabled Silverlight and reloaded Amazon it asked if I wanted to continue with Adobe Flash hit yes and loaded just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2014 10:45:01 AM PST
Dar Arb says:
DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF SILVERLIGHT.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2014 6:23:15 PM PST
SpikedHolly says:
This worked for me. Thank you!!!

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 9:50:57 AM PST
It keep having problems with my amazon instant videos on my bluray player. It keeps telling me on certain videos a network error has occurred. My internet works fine as I also have netflix and it is working perfectly. Is there something down with amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2014 8:38:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2014 8:40:14 PM PST
E. CHEN MD says:
Windows 8. Disabled Silverlight. Tried to play video. Chose option to use Adobe Flash. Now videos play without problem.

***This Worked***

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2014 6:16:42 PM PST
Restarting my computer didn't work for me.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:17:13 PM PST
skippy* says:
I had the same error (windows 7 pc and chrome not playing Prime videos because of error with flash) and was able to fix it. Do the following:
1. Uninstall flash player.
2. Uninstall any flash plugins.
3. Go to Flash manager (http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html) You can only get to flash manager ONLINE through macromedia site.
4. Go to Peer Assisted Network Panel and clear all networks
5. Go to website storage panel and clear all entries
6. Go to Protected content playback settings and reset your DRM. (NOTE if you have any liscened videos already, that are managed under DRM through Amazon, you will have to redownload them if they fall under DRM)
7. Close out of chrome
8. Reload Flash Player on your Machine
9. Go back into Chrome and you should be able to play again under Amazon Prime.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 8:53:46 PM PST
I read in the Help section at Amazon that people with Apple products need to install Adobe Flash to be able to play the video or you need to update Flash to the most up to date version. Try that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 8:49:22 PM PST
Ailidh says:
I'm having the same problem right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 8:33:12 PM PST
Try uninstalling Amazon Instant Video app, turn off your iPad and then reinstall it again. Don't know if that will work but that's what I would do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 8:30:44 PM PST
I uninstalled Silverlight which was working before and then opted to use Adobe Flash. It is working again. I bet you would have to do the same. Or just uninstall Silverlight and reinstall it again.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 8:26:22 PM PST
Having same issue on iPad.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 8:10:46 PM PST
Aaron says:
What about on ipad, any fix? Mine gets playback errors here and there but now it's lasting a long time. Unacceptable if you ask me. I pay more for digital for the convience, should be able to watch when ever I want like a physical copy.

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 8:08:39 PM PST
Aaron says:
What about on ipad? I got halfway to season 3 on lost now it's saying playback error. Usually it'll start working again but it's been like this for over a day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 7:54:53 PM PST
I'm using Chrome as well and no matter what video or series I try to watch I get the error 6002 code

Posted on Dec 15, 2013 1:00:02 PM PST
B. Smith says:
Bought a Video on Amazon Instant Video and it won't play on my IMac. Noting but a black screen. Installed Flash and same thing - black screen. Very nice Amazon - Im impressed. Ive not only wasted $9 but over an hour trying to fix this. At this point I want my $9 back. I will not be back to rent movies here because its an absolute Charlie Foxtrot. Stay away from Amazon Instant Video its a Sucker Play.

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 4:05:24 AM PST
I had this error when trying to watch a movie in chrome. I disabled silverlight and ran it through flash and everything worked fine.

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 2:24:26 PM PST
loyalfriend says:
This is what worked for us on Windows 8: first, we uninstalled Silverlight. Then we tried playing an Amazon Prime video in Firefox. We were prompted to install Silverlight, but as an alternative, we could designate that the video play with Adobe Flash. We selected that option. Voila! After 3 weeks of various trial solutions, it is now working. We had tried D. Lench's solution but it did not work for us. Thanks to all!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2013 1:43:35 PM PST
Dr. Lench says:
Thanks, just checking. Trying to nail it down as well for another forum

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 1:42:32 PM PST
shouldn't silverlight work automatically if adobe's flash player is uninstalled?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the MP3 Player forum (783 discussions)

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 Player forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions