Customer Discussions > MP3 Player forum

What's the best player for Audiobooks?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3126-3150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 11:08:54 PM PST
Nicki, I agree with you completely. I also have a Plus as back up but it has issues with the different usb modes when I transfer Audible and Overdrive books. I never have those issues with my original clips. The volume control on my first Clip broke this week. You can turn the volume down but not up. I will mourn then as they start to fail.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:29:27 PM PST
D. says:
I would look on Ebay for original sansa clips. There are still some out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 8:30:34 AM PST
It's Saturday and still avail. I tried to buy 2, but it wouldn't let me. Thank you for the tip. I did buy one

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:36:24 AM PST
Sorry, I didn't make this message clearer. I was referring to the Sansa Clips for $24.99 on Amazon. By the way, thank you everybody for your help in transferring files to my microcard. I'm finding with a little help, patience, trial & error, it gets done.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 9:52:27 AM PST
Diana Haynes says:
I am up in Canada. Amazon wanted $12.95 for shipping two Clip+ to Canada. Amazon.ca did not have the same $24.95 deal. Looked at Tiger Direct (Canada) (www.tigerdirect.ca) and found I can get refurbished Clips for $24.95 so bought two with free shipping.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:44:39 PM PST
D. says:
I think you will be very happy with the Clip+. It truly is the perfect player for audiobooks. IMHO

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 12:01:26 PM PST
doxie lover says:
I am thinking about getting another Sansa Clip Plus. They have the sdhc slot for the card. My question is can you use the same sdhc card that has been downloaded with your books from one clip in both players?
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 12:12:28 PM PST
C. Holt says:
As long as both Clip players are activated for your account, yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 12:16:38 PM PST
doxie lover says:
in other words if I were to download books from the library and I own both clips and my library card they would work in both devices your saying?
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 2:38:28 AM PST
doxie lover says:
I just tried to use my mini sdhc card in the new Sansa Plus and it won't let me read the books downloaded from the library. It says they are not registered to this device. Maybe MP3 would work but not DRM.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:54:14 AM PST
C. Holt says:
Works with Audible for me. Just have to activate both players. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:59:04 AM PST
I finally took the plunge and ordered a Clip +. Such a great price I could not resist. Now hopefully my brain can learn the new player. Could someone post for me the file I am supposed to save the audiobooks to on the clip ? It would save me scrolling through a bunch of posts. What type of sdhc card do you get ? I have never used one except for one I got years ago with my camera. I appreciate your input...I am not real computer literate . I get a lot of knowledge from this forum..thanks so much !

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:07:53 AM PST
D. says:
The Clip+ uses a micro sd card up to 32GB.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 11:12:04 AM PST
Thanks, I wondered about this too. So I can put a 32GB micro sd card into a 4GB Clip+?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:13:47 AM PST
D. says:
Yep,I have one in mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:39:27 AM PST
Catfish man says:
Rumor has it (the Sansa Clip+ forum on anythingbutipod, I have never tried) that you can use a 64GB card too if you format it to FAT32. I could not find concrete information about which cards work, and I'm not going to pay out that much money for a 64GB card just to try it out when 32GB class 4 cards are less than $20 here.

Has anyone used a 64GB card, and if so, which one? It would be neat to increase the capacity to that large if the prices ever come down on those cards.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:24:32 PM PST
I don't think anyone answered about the file question. I only get my books from Audible and I use Windows Media Player. Like you, I'm not really computer literate. All I can say is..It's magic, the books just end up in the book section, unless I designate the Micro card. If the card from you camera is a micro card, you can use it in your Sans. I have done this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 4:23:33 PM PST
Linda says:
Some iPods do have FM radios. I have a iPod nano 5th generation that, I think u can store up to 32 stations. I only have 10 on mine. That is enough for me. Get an iPod! Good Luck.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:39:25 AM PST
Samantha says:
I'm new here, been reading some of the older files. Hubby travels and loves audio books. I'm looking for a new player for him. His main issue is having to stop and losing his place on the audio book. He plays his through the speakers in the car so I guess it would need that jack for that.

Any suggestions. He gets most of his audios from the library unbound.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:29:21 AM PST
D. says:
When you say unbound what media is he using? Are they CD's or downloaded files? IMO the best player for audiobooks is the Sansa Clip+ or Clip Zip players.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:33:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:36:13 AM PST
Samantha says:
Thanks, he uses download files. :) Do they still have bookmarks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:39:25 AM PST
D. says:
The even though downloaded files may have digital rights management on them you can still change the genre tag to audiobook. I do this so when I transfer the files to my Sansa player they automatically book mark so when I come back to the book it will start where I left off.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:45:13 AM PST
Samantha says:
Thanks how are they on rewinding and FFwding, The phillips Go vibe it skips when trying to ffwd. It will even jump disks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:57:50 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:58:05 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:59:35 PM PST
MARK4 says:
aside from the 'clip on' - is the clip zip substantially different from the clip +player?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 Player forum
Participants:  421
Total posts:  3580
Initial post:  Aug 23, 2007
Latest post:  1 hour ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 89 customers

Search Customer Discussions