Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Music forum

John, Paul, George & Ringo : 50 years after their first recording sessions...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:42:21 PM PDT
On another thread, stevign had posted some good info and I thanked him. His reply to me was the river quote. I was jus confirming back to him that he is a wealth of knowledge...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:44:17 PM PDT
Quiet and dark, feel better Joyce...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:44:37 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
this one only holds about 6 cds, because it is made for the car, so i guess they didn't want it to take up much space...there are ones for the home though that hold much more....probably the best person to ask is Lawrence...he seems to know a lot about electronic and music gadgets....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:46:58 PM PDT
Hinch says:
M. Jones

Good to see you here!

I'm not sure they knew, or thought, ABBEY ROAD was their last session. Maybe at some point they knew they were leaving THE last session.

ABBEY ROAD was completed in 1969. LET IT BE(or GET BACK as it was originally intended to be named) had been previously recorded, except for "I, Me, Mine" which was recorded January 3 and April 1, 1970. John was not on that recording.

The breakup was offical at the end of 1970.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:52:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 2:57:14 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Eddie:
yes, i remembered you had said you went back on the 9th....that's why i mentioned your having another week to go! hope you have lots of fun on your time off!
you mentioned Marylu Henner remembering virtually everything that had happened in their life...to me, i would think this would not be a gift, as even though you could recall great things, you would also not be able to forget "bad" things, and may have trouble moving on....also, i would think your mind would become quite "cluttered", and you may have trouble sleeping at night, or just "relaxing" at all....don't know...just speculating....
yes, i do have medications i can take for my migraines; however, to a certain extent, it may relieve it a bit, but usually it is just a temporary fix, and it will come back again, once the meds wear off....also, they can make you quite nauseous, after a while of taking them every day....most times, i just have to ride it out, until the migraine has run it's course; usually around 5 days or so, although this one is on it's 5th day, so i was surprised that i woke up with it so bad this morning.....hopefully, it will go away soon....you'd think i would be used to it by now, seeing as i have had them for around 35 years, and i guess, to a certain extent, i am, but then again, you never completely get "used to them".....i have certainly had more than my share, that's for sure!
thanks for asking, and for your concern though....i really do appreciate it!
:)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:54:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 2:58:03 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Daniel (and Stevign):
oh, okay, i see.....i thought that's what you may have been getting at, but wasn't sure.....and, as usual, i am intensely curious......lol! ("alice" lives!!!)
thanks for enlightening me! yes, Stevign certainly is a wealth of interesting info, and pretty awesome, besides!
love,
joyce
:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:55:50 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Daniel:
yeah, just went downstairs, after eating just enough to prevent nausea from the migraine meds, took a dose, turned on the fan, am covering my eyes with a mask, and am going to take a rest....thanks for your concern, and advice too!!!! :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:57:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 3:01:02 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Eddie H.

I can remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about JFK, Dr King, RFK, Elvis and John Lennon.

I dont think I have a "gift" . I think many can remember certain events. As far as remebering everything that happened those days, I cant, but maybe some can.

Some people have photographic memory and can recall everything. Actor Robert Mitchum is said to have had photographic memory. He could read a script once, and remember it all, including the parts for the other actors. He was also one who was famous for being arrested for possession of Mary Jane, which pretty much does away with the idea it's bad for your memory.

Willie Nelson can remember the words to hundreds, if not thousands of songs.

Boy!! Did I hit several topics in this one! lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:57:23 PM PDT
Shining Star says:
Hi my friend, good to be here:

Ok, I knew that although LET IT BE was actually recorded first, it was the last official release of the band. Didn't Lennon & McCartney pretty much record most of their first solo albums during this time period or at least prior to the actual announcement that the group had disbanded?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:59:01 PM PDT
Hinch says:
I probably wouldnt want one in my car that holds too many, besides Ive never liked the idea of spending a lot of money for a system to go in my car. So many thieves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:06:32 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
yeah, that is true, but that is actually an advantage of a cd player of this type....there is no visible cd player in the front, which some might be tempted to steal....the only "clue", is that one of the small buttons on the radio says "cd", which is what you would push to access the changer in the trunk....because it is not visible, and is to one side in the trunk, it deters or prevents theft, and is so far to one side, and fairly small, it takes almost no trunk space as well....good for me, as i need the space for groceries (2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, so i am always in the grocery store!)
yet another reason why i have not looked into changing the stereo out for a cd player in the front! :)
love,
joyce
p.s., sorry, i thought you meant you were looking for one to play at home, so that's why i had suggested a bigger one....yeah, in that case (you wanting one for the car), this size would be perfect....6 cds is a fair number to work with from the car, and it is not that difficult to simply remove it, and change the cds out for others....i would say this size may be exactly what you are looking for, and as mentioned, takes up very little space....sorry for the confusion; my mistake....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:22:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 3:25:34 PM PDT
Hinch says:
M Jones

You are correct. Actually George and John released albums in Nov 1968. George released WONDERWALL MUSIC and then John and Yoko released TWO VIRGINS. John also released LIVE PEACE IN TORONTO in '69. John and Yoko released 2 more experimental albums in '69 and George released ELECTRONIC MUSIC. Paul released his first solo album MCCARTNEY April 20, 1970. LET IT BE was released May 8. John Lennon's PLASTIC ONO BAND was released Nov 11. 1970. ALL THINGS MUST PASS was released Nov 27. in the U.S.A. and a few days later in the U.K.

Ringo released SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY in March 1970. He released his country album BEAUCOUPS OF BLUES in Sep.

SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY was an album of standards Ringo recorded for his Mother. It's become somewhat popular now for rock artists to record whole albums of standards. I guess Ringo was the first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:27:43 PM PDT
Severin says:
Joyce, sorry about the disturbing quote from "Play It Again, Sam." I was only kidding. Have you ever seen it, it's one of Woody Allen's funniest movies, maybe because he doesn't direct it. His character is getting dating advice from from an imaginary Bogart look-alike, that quote is the pseudo-film noir dialog he uses.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:28:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 3:29:41 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Joyce

Yes, I did say I would like one for my home. More so than one for the car, but I wouldnt mind having both. I think they make ones for the home that hold as many as 100.

Ive been wanting one for a few years, but something else always gets priority. Money only goes so far. lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:39:55 PM PDT
Severin says:
The Beatles did preview a lot of their solo songs during the Get Back/Let It Be period. John had 'Gimme Some Truth' and the melody for 'Jealous Guy' (was calling it 'On the Road To Marrakesh') while Paul had 'Hot As Sun,' 'Every Night,' 'Teddy Boy,' 'Junk,' 'Back Seat of My Car' and 'Another Day.' George had 'All Things Must Pass,' 'Let It Down,' 'Here Me Lord' and 'Isn't It A Pity.' I still don't know why the Beatles didn't record 'All Things Must Pass' it's such a great song, even in the demo form on "Anthology 3."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:58:46 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Yes, that is true. Too bad they couldnt have recorded and released some of those. I remember some of us thought they could still record solo work with the other 3 as their backup musicians. I guess we were only "dreaming".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:28:02 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "The next week he came on and apologized.....to the rats."

((chuckle))....Good for him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:29:41 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "Have you guys heard of Satelite Radio?"

What's a satellite? Is that like Sputnik?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:30:23 PM PDT
Shining Star says:
Hinch,

Sounds like they were all busy recording stuff, Ringo did a country album? I didn't know that, what did you think of it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:32:07 PM PDT
LOL, I was not comparing your look vs. age. I just I saw a resemblance. We will say from a pic 9 years ago :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:38:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 2, 2012 4:43:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:54:52 PM PDT
Hinch says:
lol!

I was gonna say, Rooney was right the first time.

Even Mark Twain said "the first thing we need to do is get rid of lawyers".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:59:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 5:01:19 PM PDT
Hinch says:
I actually liked Ringo's country album at the time. It was recorded in Nashville with many of the Nashville studio musicans. Even Charlie Daniels is on it, but he wasnt very well known at the time as a solo musician. Some of the same musicians, such as Pete Drake worked with George on ALL THINGS MUST PASS.

I tried to listen to Ringo's album not long ago, and I dont like it as much as I did back then. I guess at that time, it was hard for a Beatlemaniac not to like everything they did.

lol!

:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:05:56 PM PDT
Shining Star says:
LOL

I will have to give it a listen. Which of each members solo albums do you most enjoy? I know each did quite a few things in the 1970's.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:18:01 PM PDT
Hinch
I have several of Ringo's albums. Do you have a favorite or 2? I like the new one, don't have the country one. I'd like to add a few more - just need another opinion and yours I value.
Thanks
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions