Customer Discussions > Music forum

Bruno Mars

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 9:41:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 9:47:15 PM PST
Hinch says:
I'm just wondering what others think of him. I kinda liked 'The Lazy Song' from his first album but didn't hear anything else I was impressed with enough to buy. I really like 'Locked Out Of Heaven'. It reminds me quite a bit of The Police. Bruno seems to be a versatile and talented artist. If you've heard his new album, what is your opinion of it? I don't buy much new music but I've been considering this one.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 9:41:54 AM PST
ED S. says:
I hear Baruno Mars song almost every hour on KIIS Radio Los Angeles and PUMP UP THE NOISE. His "Do Waps And Hooligans" CD is on my Amazon "to buy later list" and I try to catch him when he is on the TV. Here are the songs I am familiar with and that I hear on the radio.

"Locked Out Of heaven"
"Grenade"
"Just The Way You Are"...Not the Billy Joel song
"It Will Rain"...Which is a download single and not on the albums unfortunatly.

He sings like a James Brown on these singles, but has a myrid of styles on the CD. I turn up the volume when the radio spins his tunes and would have at least his first album if it wasn't for the economic slump that has really cut into my disposable income.
So there you have it...Not a bad single has he put out...I think his albums are probably good from my Amazon sampleing.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 11:35:35 AM PST
Hinch says:
ED, Thanks for your input. I've only heard several songs. I saw him on the SNL rerun last night. He was host and musical guest.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 11:39:31 AM PST
I was impressed with what I heard on the Grammy Awards which prompted me to purchase the Doo - Wops album. I like it.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 1:06:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2013 1:40:20 AM PST
Hinch says:
Anybody see the Grammy tribute to Bob Marley with Bruno Mars, Ziggy Marley and Sting? I missed it. Can't find a good video of it on youtube.

A few people have posted videos claiming to be the tribute but they're really just homemade videos with misleading titles.

I still like "Locked Out Of Heaven". It gets a lot of play on the radio I hear at work. It's one of the few new songs I really like.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 1:27:49 AM PST
Hinch, Bruno Mars performing on the Graham Norton Show, brilliant.

http://youtu.be/TwNOiXCGPpU

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 1:39:37 AM PST
Hinch says:
Kacee

Thanks for the link! Very good performance.

Do you own either of his albums?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 4:41:37 AM PST
Hi Hinch,
No not at the moment but I would love to get both of them. My birthday is coming up in four months' time so I will start hinting to family and fingers crossed I may get them as a present.
I thought the whole music choreography of the performance was terrific.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 8:39:25 AM PST
Hinch,
I've seen him twice on the Grammy, and liked him both times. The first time was at last years Grammys. I had never heard of him before. I remember thinking he was channeling James Brown.
John

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 9:12:39 AM PST
Hinch,
Here's the clip of Bruno from the 2012 Grammys.
Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviQQ03fq0I

John

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 11:14:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2013 11:19:09 PM PST
Hinch says:
Kacee

I may buy one or both after I hear more songs. I'm sure he has a lot of music on youtube.

I liked the choreography too!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 11:18:21 PM PST
Hinch says:
Thanks John! Cool performance!

I see what you mean about channeling James Brown.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 4:11:50 AM PST
Blue Jay Way says:
Bruno Mars is one of the few artist if this generation that Im following thanks to my niece who is also a fan of him and plays his music non stop. His music is real good. He hasn't peaked yet so I guess the best is still to come. Im also considering buying his two cds.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 4:16:05 AM PST
Hinch says:
>He hasn't peaked yet so I guess the best is still to come.<

That's what I'm thinking. Many artists weren't at their best after only 2 albums. Bruno is making a good start.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 5:50:48 AM PST
Hinch,
He even mentions James Brown during the song.
I remember thinking he reminded me of James Brown before he mentions him.
John

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 1:01:29 PM PST
Hinch says:
I've noticed Bruno's name has come up on several threads recently, and not in a negative way. Maybe some think he's too "pop" or top 40 to like or admit they like. If I hear something I like, I don't care how it's categorized.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 1:07:02 PM PST
Hinch,
I don't care for most of the popular music out these days. However, I do kind of like Bruno Mars. Even though he is pretty popular now, he seems to have an old school sensibility.
John

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 1:32:07 PM PST
Hinch says:
John

I agree! I've also noticed Bruno doesn't seem to have a big onstage ego like some. He just does what he does.

Satellite radio is played 24/7 where I work. We get some classic rock, reggae, country and 80's hits, but at least half of what we hear is top 40. Some is ok, but a lot of it is not so good, especially when certain songs are played at least once every half hr. They almost drove me crazy with Adele last year.

Right now "One More Night" by Maroon 5 is played way too much. I've been wondering about the singer. They had a couple of songs I liked early in their career. One More Night isn't too bad other than being overplayed, but I've noticed every song I hear by them now sounds like he's using autotune. Are there any *real* singers in pop now? lol! Bruno seems to be one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 4:25:22 PM PST
Hinch,
I know. If a singer is popular, they over play their song. You might like it, but you wind up getting sick of hearing it.

John

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 8:51:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 8:52:33 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
He's alright. I hated the first album, but Unorthodox Jukebox was fantastic. The track "Moonshine" is amazing.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 11:56:55 AM PST
Love his voice ...he is the real deal...
His songs are all so catchy, and his new single which is a slowed down ballad shows off his great voice....

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 9:44:41 PM PST
Suze says:
I love Bruno Mars.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 11:54:03 PM PST
Hinch says:
I heard the ballad tonight at work. I had heard it before but didn't know who it was. I like his upbeat stuff more but it's not bad.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 9:40:09 AM PST
JCRB says:
I remember he did a surprisingly good job hosting SNL. I didn't have any expectations before watching him, but he's charismatic, funny, and his musical performances were great
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions