Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Marilyn Monroe reincarnated as Janet Jackson

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 5:44:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 1:59:11 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:51:41 AM PST
I don't see that at all.....

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:30:53 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Marilyn Monroe reincarnated would be FREDDIE, in the blonde wig, in the Queen video, minus the moustache.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:56:00 AM PST
Marilyn (like Marlon Brando) had some kind of authenticity and charisma that can't be faked or manufactured, although thousands of actresses have since tried. I'm not sure she, her producers, or directors ever understood it.

Janet was simply born into a very powerful musical family and had an almost unlimited amount of OUTSIDE talent available to her. I'm sure she was offered dozens if not hundreds of decent songs and her brothers helped her to keep the best. The best producers, engineers, and musicians were probably available to her until the early 1990's when the Jackson family prestige dried up, and coincidentally so did her big hits.

I'm convinced God can put a great actor, singer, painter, or composer in any place and time. God can also bring them to the attention of the gatekeepers and tastemakers over a period of years or even days. God does not have to recycle the same vessel. The fact that each soul is unique contributes something to the final creative work. One day we may find that the vessel was far far less important than the gift itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 1:57:43 AM PST
soul: 1. the principle of life, feeling, thought, and actions in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separate existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part. (Webster's Dictionary)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 2:10:14 AM PST
Music Luber,

You are blind to the connect(74)ion between(74=B2+E5+T20+W23+E5+E5+N14) MM & JJ, why is that? Are you anti-reincarnation? The scientific method has been used to prove it true!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 2:12:15 AM PST
vivazappa,

Do you have anything to add or just distractions?

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 2:21:36 AM PST
Hinch says:
'acting, modeling, singing and dancing'. I believe there are/were others besides Marilyn and Janet. Britney Spears and Beyonce are 2 who come to mind despite how talented one thinks they are. I didn't know Marilyn was known as a great singer or Janet as a model. I also think there is debate as to whether Marilyn was a very good actress.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 6:32:13 AM PST
I'm of the Pylonian school about Reincarnation:

Reincarnation

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 7:34:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 7:35:13 AM PST
Ryan S. Hupp says:
Oh god, he's spreading.

Quick catch-up for everyone who hasn't run into Brad's charming brand of lunacy: he's an unmedicated delusional psychotic who thinks he's the second coming of Jesus and that he can create planets with numerology. Oh, and every important concept adds up to the number 74, no matter how much he has to torture the spelling to get it there.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 7:42:02 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Janet Jackson is a great artist, but she's really not that talented. She's a good dancer and an alright actress. But she's hardly a model and her singing ability leaves much to be desired. Plus she's flaky...canceling shows left and right whenever it suits her.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 7:57:23 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
@ Brad,

I can see Madonna or Lady GaGa.....but not Janet.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 8:02:11 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I think Madonna is more of Marilyn Monroe than Janet can ever be.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 9:08:30 AM PST
Don't tell Michelle Obama. ;0

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:19:17 AM PST
Mikal says:
I LOVED Janet Jackson during the first decade or so of her musical career, but then she got carried away with sexually explicit music & lost touch with her long term producers 'Jam & Lewis' & her music suffered because it became apparent she was a weak vocalist & her only strength was dancing. I don't see the Marilyn Monroe connection here. Madonna appeared to identify with Marilyn Monroe for a while especially with her appearance but if you look at Madonna a little deeper they aren't the same at all- Madonna is not Tragic or anyones Victim, Madonna doesn't have Marilyn's Endearing Vulnerability, Marilyn lit up the silver screen whereas Madonna had people running from it! So no to the Madonna/ Marilyn reincarnation IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 8:52:33 AM PST
Hinch,

Did you see 'The Misfits' with MM & Clark Gable? Britney Spears hasn't done any acting that I know of. Beyoncé is Judy Garland reincarnated.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 8:58:16 AM PST
When considering 'direct reincarnations', the first consideration must be timeline.

Madonna was born in 1958 and Marilyn Monroe was very much still alive. MM died in 1962. Four years later, JJ was born as a child prodigy in acting, singing, dancing, and modeling.

Lady Gaga is a great singer that plays piano. (I don't know how good a pianist she is.) The small amount of dancing I've seen her do is not that good. She hasn't done any acting that I know of.

Beyoncé is Judy Garland reincarnated. Mariah Carey is the reincarnation of Billie Holiday.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 8:59:47 AM PST
GarionOrb,

The timeline of Madonna born in '58 doesn't work with MM being alive and 'well' until 8/5/62.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2013 12:04:14 AM PST
Hinch says:
>Britney Spears hasn't done any acting that I know of<

She starred in one movie and has been on several tv sitcoms and hosted SNL, but you are correct. She hasn't really done any serious acting.

> Did you see 'The Misfits'<

No, I don't think I've seen Misfits. I'll try to check it out.

Posted on Apr 24, 2013 11:50:38 AM PDT
A. Strong says:
Britney Spears acted human once and didn't receive any awards!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013 10:16:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2013 10:53:22 AM PDT
"he's an unmedicated delusional psychotic who thinks he's the second coming of Jesus" (Post of: Ryan S, Hupp - Feb 1, 2013 about Brad Watson)

Brad, meet Meade Skelton...
Meade, this is Brad Watson.

Posted on May 5, 2013 5:41:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2013 5:46:45 AM PDT
Samhain333 says:
If Janet Jackson didn't have that ultra-famous big media darling of a brother then she'd be regarded as nothing significant.

Posted on May 5, 2013 12:47:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2013 2:47:26 PM PDT
JJ, thought she was Dyn-O-mite!

Posted on May 5, 2013 2:42:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 18, 2014 9:04:31 PM PDT]

Posted on May 6, 2013 12:35:42 PM PDT
She had secret friends that only she could see....
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  May 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions