Customer Discussions > Music forum

Memories

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2012 11:21:34 AM PST
MyRidesHere says:
Do you keep your ticket stubs from old concerts? If so,which ones do you cherish the most?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 11:28:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 11:35:52 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Yes I have a one gallon zip lock bag FULL, about 750 tickets from concerts and a few from sports playoffs and all star games.
I dig the ones that are printed up...especially the Who 1976 show in Anaheim Stadium.

I was on a public access TV show dealing with rock and roll with two friends of mine for about four years.
One show was about ticket stubs.
Bob brought in his box of stubs and I had my baggie.
We took turns reaching in and pulling a stub out.
Then we talked about the show.
Who we went with, who opened, what were the encores ect...
Those shows were fun!

Plus we got to interview Trower and Richard Thompson among several others!

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 11:34:05 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
^ cool post

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 11:34:55 AM PST
Grouchomarc,
I keep my tickets. My two favorite are the Stones in 1972, and James Brown in 1976.
John

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 11:38:30 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 13, 2012 11:59:46 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:27:02 PM PST
K. Carter says:
Damn, zappa, 750? And I thought I had been to a lot of shows. I still have some of my old ticket stubs from way back in a couple of photo albums - including the first show I ever saw - Kiss, 1976, with Bob Seger as the opener. I think it cost $6 or something. I'll have to dig those out of the closet - haven't looked at them in a while. Ten days ago I did find my intact stub from the Who show at Riverfront on 12/3/79 - still hard to believe it was 33 years ago...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:34:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:38:56 PM PST
The Who 1976 Anaheim tickets are printed in red ink with the images of the band (circa late 1975) on them. That ticket is one of the very coolest ticket stubs ever printed in the seventies. The tour book was sold at that show for $5.00 and it's album size (12 X 12) and features some great color shots of the band in concert and not. By 1976 The Who had the merchandise in order and were selling the goods at their shows and this wasn't common back then.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:43:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:44:06 PM PST
I saw Kiss also with Bob Seger. Seger was touring Live Bullet I believe. I loved the old printed tickets that were colored and had logo fonts sometimes. Some other memorable openers were...
Boston opened for Sabbath (weird combo)
AC/DC opened for Aerosmith
Van Halen opened for Journey
Def Leppard opened for BOC
Rick Derringer opened for Alice Cooper

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:47:04 PM PST
K Carter,
Kiss should have opened for Bob Seger!
I did seea show once where BB Kiong opened for the J Geils band. When the band came out Peter Wolf said, 'It's an honor to play on the same stage as BB King.'
John

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:59:33 PM PST
K. Carter says:
Yeah, John, I was a teenager and only marginally aware of Seger (that was pre-Night Moves), but he came out and really rocked the place. Live Bullet is one of the all-time great live albums, and that's pretty much what he sounded like that night.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:06:06 PM PST
B. Perry says:
I have all, or nearly all, of mine from Pink Floyd in '75 to the Who last month. Never counted them, but I'd guess 350 or so.

My 27 Grateful Dead ones are framed, and separately, my one Jerry Garcia Band is framed w/ the show's handbill I pulled off a lightpole in Berkeley. The rest are loose in a drawer.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:48:54 PM PST
Ive got almost all of mine. My favorites are Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath(Van Halen opened), Robin Trower/Rory Gallagher(Jethro Tull headlined) so many more!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 7:29:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2013 7:29:36 PM PDT
To have all of your Grateful Dead ticket stubs intact is a minor miracle. I came home from a 73 show (Winterland, San Francisco) at 8 AM the next morning with only my underpants on!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 9:09:27 PM PDT
not more than a week

when i finally find where i put the stubs again they get tossed

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 9:15:34 PM PDT
Captain Ogre says:
My wife keeps all the tickets in a shoe box, I just keep the memories

But often times her shoe box proves my memory wrong

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:08:52 AM PDT
Today the stubs are almost always those Ticketron ones and I don't give a monkey's about keeping them.

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 11:25:35 AM PDT
Juba Kazoo says:
So what? Who cares?

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 1:12:57 PM PDT
A. Strong says:
No, I don't keep ticket stubs as I don't find them to be very exciting in the first place.

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 1:24:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2013 1:26:05 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
Long ago I had a ceramic vase I kept them in. Had about 30, all the concerts I went to many moons ago. Well it either got lost, "misplaced" during a move, or stolen by an angry ex. I would LOVE to find it, but it's simply been too long so it will never happen. Oh well, sad!

I started a list one day after reading one of these threads and came up with about half. I guess I could wrack my brain to think of the other concerts I've been to. You know what though, one day there was a thread and I said I was at an Alice Cooper concert around 1978, and I actually found a picture of the ticket stub, online. That was - Kewl. The next best thing to fondling my long lost ceramic vase I guess ;o).

When I was a teenager I had a babysitting job for a guy who kept a Woodstock ticket stub in his wallet, he showed me that. How cool is THAT?!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2013 1:28:24 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
That's pretty funny! My son once came home from one of those "Mosh Pit" concerts, I forgot which, with only one shoe.

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 2:43:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2013 2:53:06 PM PDT
L. Crosby says:
I've got most of the stubs from most of the concerts, probably about 50 or so. The most prized ones are Jethro Tull 1979, The Police 1980, and The British Are Coming 1983(?). Although I'm not sure of the date, that last concert I mentioned featured Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck!! Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Ray Cooper, Ronnie Lane, and Charlie Watts were there, too. Each guitarist did a set of their own material (Paul Rodgers did all the vocals, I think...) and then they did a coupla songs together. It was in Dallas, TX in the early eighties....

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 10:12:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2013 1:05:02 PM PDT
Yeah, I have several saved. I don't know why though, but one of the most memorable was Bob Seger in '86, I believe. That was one of my first lessons on NEVER SIT ON THE FLOOR LEVEL! Couldn't see a thing. And I am a person who uses binoculars, no matter where I sit. I need to see the faces, clothes, instruments, mess on stage, etc.

Those Prices!!! Good Lord!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2013 10:14:08 AM PDT
Alysha said: When I was a teenager I had a babysitting job for a guy who kept a Woodstock ticket stub in his wallet, he showed me that. How cool is THAT?!

Let's just hope that is all he showed you!

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 2:29:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2013 2:30:41 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
Yes and thank-you that is all he showed me ;o), Ratso.

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 4:20:03 PM PDT
I learned the floor seat lesson at a Kinks concert. That SOUNDED great. Couldn't see a thing.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  May 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions