Customer Discussions > Music forum

Artist or Band that you Love one album only

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 63 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 2:44:40 PM PST
alysha25 says:
Are there any artists, or bands, that you Love one album , but don't even like any others? Or maybe don't even own or care to own any of their other albums? Kind-of a "one hit wonder" Album?

I'll start with - Kid Rock "Devil Without a Cause"

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:09:31 PM PST
Zaplightning says:
Roxy Music "Siren"

When I first heard that album I loved it, and still do today. I just never checked out other albums by Roxy Music.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:15:15 PM PST
A customer says:
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
Nas - Illmatic

Famous examples of two one-and-done artists, creatively speaking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:26:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 3:26:50 PM PST
Lauren says:
@Zaplightning Siren is probably their most approachable album of Roxy's early era and a nice mix of rock and artsiness. I'd suggest checking out Country Life and then Stranded - both still rock plenty - but beyond those it may be rough going unless you have a real taste for the experimental.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:13:07 PM PST
eastrich2010 says:
Rush-s/t

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:13:34 PM PST
Gena Chereck says:
The Strokes, 'Is This It'

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:27:09 AM PST
Lucifers Friend-Lucifers Friend

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:59:13 AM PST
bozokarl says:
Smashmouth - Fush Yu Mang
Third Eye Blind - s/t

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:08:30 AM PST
Hinch says:
Head Games is the only Foreigner album I own. I like several other songs but I can listen to H.G. all the way thru. Great r'n r album!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:33:57 AM PST
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Child Is Father to the Man (overhaul of personnel after this debut album and they never were the same)
Deep Purple - Machine Head (I am sure some will cry sacrilege on this - oh well)
Echo & the Bunnymen - Crocodiles
Big Country - The Crossing
Psychedelic Furs - Talk Talk Talk

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:27:20 AM PST
zlh67 says:
Hinch -- have you heard all of the first two Foreigner albums? There are many radio tracks that I'm sure you have ("Cold As Ice", "Feels Like The First Time," "Double Vision," "Hot Blooded") but both albums have solid album tracks too and I rank both slightly ahead of Head Games as far as a complete album goes: (1) Double Vision (2) s/t debut (3) Head Games (4) "4" (5) Agent Provacateur (6) who cares?

That's me though!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:41:22 AM PST
zlh67 says:
my list (some of these acts have an individual cut or two that I like that aren't on the albums below, but for the most part, I could be happy just owning these single albums from these bands/artists):

Zebra - s/t debut
Nazareth - "Hair of the Dog"
Sweet - "Desolation Boulevard"
Green Day - "American Idiot"
NIN - "With Teeth"
ASIA - s/t debut
Fishbone - "Truth and Soul"
Joan Jett - "I Love Rock and Roll"
Kings X - faith hope love
Michael Jackson - "Off The Wall"
Toadies - "Rubberneck"

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:37:39 AM PST
C. Harding says:
Queensryche - 'Operation: Mindcrime'

Some of the really early stuff is good, but I never felt the need to own it any of it. Everything I've heard after 'Mindcrime' (including 'Empire') is pretty lame and boring to me. 'Mindcrime', however, is one of my all-time favorite albums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:56:08 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Nine Inch Nails' With Teeth album is absolutely masterful. Have you heard The Fragile? That's also a very well-made (albeit long) album from them.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:06:19 AM PST
C. Harding - I also really like "Operation: Mindcrime", but I have to disagree with you about "Empire". I think there are at least two great songs on Empire, "Della Brown", and "Silent Lucidity".

Here are some albums I really like, but never got into much else from them:
"I Robot", Alan Parsons.
"Left Overture", Kansas.
"Frampton Comes Alive", Peter Frampton.

Now, if I was asked "What bands do you only like one song from?", I could make a long list.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:04:04 AM PST
C. Harding says:
@Cincinatti Dan - I have to admit, it has been years since I've listened to the album, so I can't honestly recall "Della Brown." I remember the title, but can't remember the song at all.

As for "Silent Lucidity," fair enough.....to each his own. Personally, I can't stand the song and when I hear it, its effect on me is far from any state of 'silent lucidity'. ;-) hahaha

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:49:57 PM PST
ED S. says:
"Rio"-Duran Duran
"Houses Of The Holy"-Led Zeppilin
"No Secrets"-Carly Simon
"Hoobastank"-Hoobastank...Who thought up this name?? "Stank"?
"Frampton Comes Alive"-Peter Frampton

Five down. I may post more later..Gotta think!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:02:15 PM PST
I'm really surprised to see Led Zeppelin mentioned, ED S. You really never got into any of their other music?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:07:46 PM PST
BigBadAzz says:
"Bat Out Of Hell" - Meatloaf
"Marquee Moon" - Television

Never really cared to check out any of either artist's other stuff

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:09:01 PM PST
A customer says:
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Never came close again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:47:46 PM PST
ED S. says:
Hey Cincinatti Dan (Sounds like a 1930's bootleggers name to me)

I bought all the Zep albums as they came out and they really ended up as albums which i only played a few cuts on each album. Led Zeppelin III was unlistenable. But then, Houses of the Holy came out and i was hooked from first cut to last. I still like just a few songs on the first two Zep albums as I bought the CDs to replace the vinyl. But really, the only album I really like since I first heard it at my friend Pat's house sitting crosslegged in front of a low table with a bowl of weed in the table center, is "Houses of the Holy". I bought no Zep albums after that.
Sooooooo....I do not appreciate Zeps other work, but look at "Houses.." with great regard and admiration.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:53:45 PM PST
CJ Pelayo says:
Close Fact City's new album! Circles Of Life

Available on March 1st on iTunes, Amazon MP3, Deezer, Spotigy, Rdio, GooglePlay, Simfy, Rhapsody, iHeartRadio, Nokia, MySpace, Medianet, MuveMusic, XboxLive and Emusic.
Check out our Tumblr blog to read about the album story and info.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:57:01 PM PST
A customer says:
So if Led Zeppelin III were sitting on a table with a bowl of weed on it, it would be just as appealing as Houses?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:14:32 PM PST
zlh67 says:
Hi GarionOrb -- my wife is the NIN fan in the house. I used to hate 'em but went with her to see them live on the With Teeth tour and grew to like much of that album. There are now at least a few select cuts on other albums I like too (like their cover of Queen's "Get Down, Make Love" which I saw them do live....), but With Teeth is the only one I take out and listen to on my own.

Haven't heard The Fragile but it sounds like I need to. She doesn't have it either so maybe i'll pick that up for her as a surprise gift. Thx.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:38:05 PM PST
ED S. says:
No, no Ian....I started smokin' the ganja in 1969, just in time for the first Zep album, and the last Beatle album.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions