Customer Discussions > Music forum

Dolly Parton is very talented!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 3:46:33 PM PST
Dolly Parton is a COUNTRY MUSIC artist who has written over 3,000 songs, and plays several instruments, is also a decent actress, and a good singer. So how can people say Country music is not talented?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:40:04 PM PST
Brian says:
Meade's juggs are bigger than Dolly's!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:23:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:23:47 PM PST
What are you talking about? Anyways, you seem awfully obsessed with "Meade".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:27:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:29:17 PM PST
Brian says:
No... and YOU'RE MEADE. Stop shamelessly self-promoting yourself!

Anybody find it ironic that Meade wrote a song expressing his hatred for hipsters when he, HIMSELF is a hipster?

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=71747,filename=6295504695_5dc3ede65f_o.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:29:35 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:29:05 PM PST
Boobs is boobs...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:31:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 6:33:07 PM PST
Brian says:
Not in this case. Haha.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=73003,filename=july2008.jpg

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:04:13 PM PST
zlh67 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:20:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:25:31 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:23:18 PM PST
Brian says:
I've heard you sing. You shouldn't be picking on anyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:25:01 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:29:42 PM PST
Brian says:
"Yer" right, I'm just so dang jealous of you, Meade.. I mean.. your hipster clothes.. your outdated haircuts.. you gigantic t*ts...the way you arrange your schedule so that you always have Friday and Saturday nights free. I'll admit it. I'm so jealous of you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:32:32 PM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:35:09 PM PST
Brian says:
Amazon needs a Forum specifically for Meade Skelton. They could call it the "Spam Forum".

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:36:42 PM PST
Brian says:
Meade may have lost weight in some areas, but it went all to his ego, or Eggo if you will.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:40:10 PM PST
does he smoke a lot of pot?
that is the worst case of taco--t**s I've ever seen on a dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:43:03 PM PST
She does have one the greatest pair of talents I have ever seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:26:16 PM PST
Hinch says:
Dolly is very talented. She may have written thousands of songs, but she's only recorded and released about 350.

There are rock artists such as Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, Springsteen, Buddy Holly, Carl Perkins, Paul McCartney and Chuck Berry who have written and recorded many songs, and songs that have been covered by others.

Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, John Fogarty, Prince and Steve Winwood have all written many songs and have released albums on which they played every instrument.

Bob Dylan has released over 60 albums. He wrote most of the songs and his songs have been covered by many. He's also written many songs that haven't been released.

How can you say there's no talent in rock music?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:05:31 AM PST
Dolly is underrated as helll. But at the same time her true nature to help the appelachian area where she is from, she does stuff that is so passed sugar that it's still great. She has done stuff as great as Dylan but stuff that is as pop as Celine.

I can not dislike her no matter what she does. Her talent nails me. And her goal to help the area where she is from makes me her slave.

Lone live Dolly no matter how good or bad she gets. !!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:46:28 AM PST
I prefer her pre-disco period, when she did "Jolene" and "My Tennessee Mountain Home." Finding her Monument Lps are d***ed near impossible. But, ugh, for a while, disco-pop Dolly was excruciating. Worst thing I ever came across was the RAINBOW album: "Red Hot Screaming Love," et al.... That Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers turkey, "Islands in the Stream" (I'm embarrassed to say: I bought the 45 with picture sleeve. Actually liked it for a while. Hanging my head in shame, now.) was covered, oh, man, oh, man, by Barry Manilow.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:48:22 AM PST
EvenSteven says:
I am not a huge Dolly fan but when it comes to country (real country) she is the real deal when she wants to be.
She learned the ropes with Porter Wagner & her time at the "GOO".
I was knocked out by some of the tunes on "Little Sparrow" (I think??)...she gets back to her bluegrass roots & it's a great listen & you cant help but think....(what took her so long to get back to her true roots???)
I know she's a good pop singer...I just never cared for any of that stuff or her movies....you cant deny her talent.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:58:19 AM PST
zlh67 says:
Is there anywere we can actually see how talented she is? I mean, seeing is believing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:20:43 AM PST

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:02:28 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Is it possible that RVACountryLover/E.P. Haufe/Mead Skelton are all ELVIS FAN?????

In fact, I'm beginning to think that even "Brian" may be Mead Skelton's alter-ego. EVERY time E.P. Haufe posts anything, it's immediately followed by a post by "Brian". And this so called "Brian" never posts anywhere else at any other time except when RVACountryLover/E.P. Haufe/Mead Skelton post something.

I'm thinking we've all been bamboozled and strung along by some kind of evil master mind, LOL!

You know what they say - even negative attention is better than no attention at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 10:10:33 AM PST
I am convinced that Brian is also Mead Skelton. I don't believe that Elvis Fan is creative enough to pull this off. E.P., RVA, Mead and Brian are one in the same.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions