Customer Discussions > Music forum

What band would you like to see reformed. with existing living members?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 208 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 14, 2012 9:15:48 AM PDT
What band would you like to see reformed with existing living member?

Posted on May 14, 2012 10:54:49 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
LED ZEPPELIN. I'm a big John Bonham fan and for years (decades) thought it would be pointless and an insult to him for the others to do anything as "Led Zeppelin," but after hearing a boot of their recent reunion show in London, I have to say it's a shame that they didn't take that on the road. No new album, just a victory lap for the old fans and one chance for the generations of fans they've attracted since 1980 who never got to see them to experience some of their magic live in person. They have Jason Bonham, the ONE drummer who can do his dad's playing justice AND still allow them to keep it in the "family" so.... why the hell not??? C'mon ROBERT, quit being such a Percy!!!

and...

CCR. John Fogerty has recently commented that he was (finally) open to it but I guess the years have taken their toll and it sounds like now the other guys aren't interested. To much bad blood for too long I guess...

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:24:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 11:27:53 AM PDT
It was nice of John to make the offer to Stu and Cosmo but, Tom Fogerty is long gone and it cannot be Creedence Clearwater Revival without him. When John arranged a band to play (doing CCR songs) at the Rock 'n' Roll HOF without Stu or Cosmo being invited to be a part of he really slammed the door on their faces and both of those guys said in print they were not going to share a stage with John Fogerty ever again.

For Led Zeppelin: With Jason Bonham on the drums it could make some sense to use the name but Robert Plant doesn't wish to do it anymore so it does seem like a done-deal.

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:24:36 AM PDT
Chazzzbo says:
Rockpile

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:33:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 1:48:33 PM PDT
J. Coco says:
I would have liked to have seen Guns N' Roses, but that's not going to happen.

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:46:38 AM PDT
ac says:
T H E K I N K S !!!! featuring the talents of.. RAY DAVE MICK JIM IAN and featuring...BOB JOHN(the baptist) their were other members but it really was those noted!! RIP PETE..(great bass player)

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:55:20 AM PDT
R. Brettman says:
The Cream

Posted on May 14, 2012 1:18:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 2:20:54 PM PDT
Working Man says:
I just read that Free (Paul Rodgers, Andy Fraser and Simon Kirke) were considering reforming for the Olymics with either a substitute guitarist or a hologram of Paull Kossoff. Would love to see them reform.

Posted on May 14, 2012 1:24:02 PM PDT
ELP

Posted on May 14, 2012 1:32:02 PM PDT
King Crimson performing all of their 72-74 output with Robert Fripp, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and David Cross - even better if it included Jamie Muir to complete the Larks' Tongues in Aspic line-up.

I'd love to see The Kinks get back together but the line-up I'd want most of all is the Davies brothers, Mick Avory, John Dalton and John Gosling plus - if they're still with us - any three members of the Mike Cotton Sound to play occasional horns like they did in the 70s.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 1:41:53 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
it was which band we would like to see, not which we thought were most likely.
;-)

Posted on May 14, 2012 1:42:12 PM PDT
UFO with Michael Schenker
Scorpions with Schenker & Uli Jon Roth
Black Sabbath with Rob Halford(Forget Ozzy)
Deep Purple with Ritchie Blackmore

I used to want Led Zeppelin to reunite but, Robert Plant like Ozzy Osbourne can no longer sing with anything remotely resembling their past skills.

Posted on May 14, 2012 1:46:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 1:47:09 PM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
The Ramones. They could call it: Drumones. (Yes, I suppose Chris Ward could also play bass onstage with them.)

Actually, I'd really like to see The Monkees get inducted into the Hall of Fame and have Mike, Peter and Micky do "Listen to the Band." No other songs. Just that one.

Posted on May 14, 2012 2:15:52 PM PDT
doodah man says:
Supertramp
Yes, I liked Supertramp.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 2:20:17 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
Ahh, good one. Another to be filed under "when hell freezes over" though. :(

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 3:16:16 PM PDT
Dee Zee says:
Byrds: Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman and David Crosby.

Posted on May 14, 2012 3:17:37 PM PDT
Lauri says:
No question! Led Zeppelin

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 3:33:10 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
ac -- what is the status of Dave Davies' health? Didn't he have a stroke a few years ago? I remember thinking "Oh crap, I hope he doesn't die, but either way, the Kinks are DONE."

Is he better now? Has he performed onstage since the stroke? Curious, but yeah, if Dave's good to go, would be great to see them back out there.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 3:38:31 PM PDT
Music Luver says:
Me too Dee Zee. I wrote Roger an email a few years ago, and he said it ain't gonna happen basically.
I would enjoy Gene Parsons on drums with them. And we would need a lead guitarist, who could that be?

Posted on May 14, 2012 4:16:11 PM PDT
The Police. I was able to see them on the reunion tour in 2007, and they sounded great. It would be nice to see Sting find his dark side again and get a new studio album from the band. Copeland's unmistakable drumming and Summer's trademark guitar sonics really create something greater than the sum of its parts with Sting's bass and vocals. However, they maintain a certain mystery by having Sychronicity as the final studio album, and "going out on top". Perhaps old ghosts are best left to do the haunting.

Posted on May 14, 2012 4:23:07 PM PDT
I agree with Led Zeppelin, The Kinks, The Byrds, Supertramp, King Crimson (either the "Court" or "Red" lineups!).

I also would add the original lineup of The Smashing Pumpkins (Billy, James, Jimmy and D'arcy), Fleetwood Mac (w/Christine McVie back in the fold), Genesis (w/both Hackett and Gabriel, they are missing such an opportunity here while the bandmembers are still alive, and Collins can get a second drummer like Chester to help him out if he's having back problems), and Yes (w/Anderson and Wakeman, last time they performed with that lineup was 2003 I think).

None of these reunions are ever even remotely likely to happen, but it would be nice. I never thought the Buffalo Springfield reunion would happen, and it did, even if just briefly...and exceeded all my expectations.

Posted on May 15, 2012 1:58:40 AM PDT
The Talking Heads. David Byrne (supposedly) is the only one holding out. Of course, he would just happen to be the most important member of the band.

Rockpile

The Jam

CCR. Time to bury the hatchet already !

R.E.M. With Bill Berry.

I'd like to see Mike Nesmith finally relent and do a Monkees reunion tour with Micky and Peter as a tribute to Davy. Micky's voice is strong enough that he could handle the "Davy songs".

Elvis Costello & the Attractions. Elvis should make up with former bassist Bruce Thomas.

Posted on May 15, 2012 3:12:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 3:39:12 AM PDT
BigBadAzz says:
Pink Floyd: Roger Waters, David Gilmour & Nick Mason together on stage again, performing for more than just 20 minutes (hello, Live 8!).

I'm sure they can get someone like Richard Barbieri (Japan/Porcupine Tree) to fill in on keys. Plus their usual 15 or so backing musicians and female vocalists. And the standard outer-space light show. But mainly Waters and Gilmour singing and playing on stage together again.

That is my wish....

Posted on May 15, 2012 3:27:15 AM PDT
Grandpa Tom says:
Dire Straits.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 3:42:22 AM PDT
... but what would Led Zeppelin be without John Bonham...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  106
Total posts:  208
Initial post:  May 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions