Customer Discussions > Music forum

John, Paul, George & Ringo : 50 years after their first recording sessions...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 10:37:37 AM PDT
Bonnie, I agree. There are so many stations to choose from too!

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:54:44 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
This was quick....I wrote this on The magical mystery thread BUT it was in response from the other Beatle thread....I am glad, BTW, that a new thread was started with all of you!

My older brother was a hitter then hippie from Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn, very rough guy..Jay black was from the area, Jay was walking down a street one evening with a bicycle around 1964/1965...my brother went up to him and told him he didn't like his face and then beat him up! Little tid bit....
--Hinch--saw the PBS British Invasion special too, was it me or seeing the Troggs at 70 years old singing "Wild Thing"(the way he was singing it) a little perverse!!!
--Saw Herman's Hermits in Point Lookout on Saturday night(6/30/12)...Peter Noone had (I think) the possiblities to be a very good frontman, I did see him in the late 70's in the band the Tremblers who were a terrific new wave band,he played guitar...I ended up getting their only album (I highly recommend as I have before)"Twice Nightly", excellent album --Thought also, Back to The Egg and London Town to be very weak offerings from McCartney!

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 1:08:03 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
IMHO, Abbey Road is in the top ten of the greatest albums I ever heard...what a way to end an era, how could The beatles ever top side 2....The End was exactly what it was...think about this, how could they have made an album after The End! No way..it just fit and it said the 60's are over!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:12:15 PM PDT
Severin says:
Eddie, although it's not my favorite Beatles album I have to agree with you. I've tried making my own '70s Beatles discs but the whole was always greater than the sum of its parts. My favorite part of "Abbey Road" is when John, George and Paul trade guitar licks, right after Ringo's only drum solo. Great stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:20:25 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Donald...That is my favorite part of the album too...just when you think they reached the peak of the album, they give you one of the greatest lyric in any era "the love you take is equal to the love you make"....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:21:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 2, 2012 1:35:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:22:50 PM PDT
Hinch says:
>Have you guys heard of Satelite Radio?<

Yes. Ive also heard of money, of which I dont have enough to pay for satallite. lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:33:36 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Jay Black can still sing at his age. I think he'll be 74 this year. He certainly looks like someone beat up his face. :-)

I tried to imagine the lead singer of The Troggs was the same one I saw close to 50 years ago. lol! It was hard to do. Im pretty sure it was the same guy, but he had no resemblance.

It was good(as always) to see Eric Burdon. I saw him live in a club here in Nashville around 1990.

Peter Noone sounded great! He still has his voice. I saw him live about 12 years ago at an oldies concert. Herman's Hermits had some really good songs. A few years ago there was a Herman's Hermits with some of the original members and a different lead singer. Peter Noone had his own band.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 1:38:09 PM PDT
Hinch says:
I havent really heard much on the tv or radio about the anniversary of their first sessions.

1964 will get more attention since it will be the 50th anniversary of the first wave of The British Invasion, with The Beatles landing in N.Y. and their first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Also remember, November 22 of next year is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy. The events of that day are still embedded in my mind. Im sure it will get a lot of attention.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:04:15 PM PDT
Shining Star says:
@Michael Topper,

can you also imagine what it must have felt like when they left the recording studio for the last time as a group and knowing it was the last time? having taken the time to reflect on all that had happened to them up to that point from the 1st recording session to the last.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:06:05 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Donald:
no, i definitely DID NOT mean that kind of slug....i was referring to your typical garden variety slug...hadn't heard that quote, but i have to admit, it is a bit disturbing to me...
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:07:51 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Stevign:
thanks for all the cool info on slugs/banana slugs....
don't think i would be interested in eating one though....would rather just observe them, thanks...
:)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:09:35 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Cody (my sweet twin!):
hi! how are things? well, i hope...so glad you found your way here!
don't disappear on me, now! i miss you when you aren't around.....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:10:56 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Daniel:
yeah, i have a cd changer in the back of my car, that is controlled by the cd button in front....i also have sirius satellite radio, which i most often listen to....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:12:09 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Daniel:
i don't think so, at least as far as i am concerned, because i have been being "no'd" for at least 8-10 months, and he had appeared on the forum way later....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:13:44 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Daniel:
i know your post wasn't to me, but to Stevign, but i don't understand????
enlighten me, please....
love,
joyce

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 2:14:07 PM PDT
Hinch says:
> a cd changer in the back of my car<

That's what I need! I would load it and put it on shuffle. I could also use a couple of new speakers. I have 4, but one is shot, so I just use the 2 front speakers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:15:56 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Eddie:
hi! glad you made it here! if you hadn't, within a few days, i was going to try and "find" you, to let you know about the new thread, but you found us! thank goodness!
thanks for the interesting post...i saw it in both places! I guess you still have about a week, till your vaca is over....hope you are having a GREAT time!!! :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:19:18 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Eddie:
i agree! an EPIC album, for sure!!!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:20:31 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Donald:
that is a GREAT part, and one of my favs also! I call it "dualing guitars"!!! (right before "the end"!)
yeah, Ringo's drumming is also stellar!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:21:07 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Eddie, Donald, and ALL:
it IS, you know......
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:27:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 2:30:11 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
yeah, my car came with the cd changer installed...it's a bit of a pain, as you have to physically go to the back of the car and take the whole unit out, in order to change the cds in it, but really, when i got my car, there was not a car stereo system with a cd player that would fit in the dash of my car....i keep checking back, and i think the brand new vw beetles (mine is a 2002) finally have a stereo system with a cd player in front, but i would have to have it installed, and the other one removed...don't know if it would be worth the expense, or the hassle, at this point, to get it done.....i think i will just stick to my cd changer and my satellite radio connection. I don't usually drive that far anyway.... most of my car trips are short these days, so i probably don't need it. I think, at this point, i would much rather have an "aux" put in, so i could play my iPod in my car by just plugging it in.....
love,
joyce

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 2:34:23 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear All:
woke up with another migraine, so am going to take a rest for a while....will probably be on a bit later...hope you all have a wonderful day!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:38:30 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Joyce

How many cds does it hold? I've been wanting one for inside that hold at least 50. Just havent had the money yet, or found one I like.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 2:39:57 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Joyce..I go back to work July 9th....how are your migraines? There must be something you can take to take down the pain, has an MD offered you any meds?
--it's always funny that 50 years and anniveraries...like for instance, I know(just like i'm sure we all can)I can remember certain incidences and can vividly tell you what I was doing the day JFK was assassinated...or the the 1st time The Beatles were on Ed Sullivan, the day Lennon was killed, 9/11....there is a TV show, Unforgetable about a police officer who can remember everything..(based on fact.. supposidly only 6 people in the world have this gift one of them is the actress from Taxi, Marylu Henner)...this could be a gift or a curse or both.... I write this because of what Hinch said that the day JFK was killed is embedded in his head...I hear you!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions