Customer Discussions > Music forum

Stop Spamming Meade Skelton Albums with personal attacks!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 61 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 10:36:54 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:03:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 5:13:17 AM PST
Hinch says:
The repeated creation of threads about Meade and about how country music is the only good genre isn't helping him at all to sell his music. It's only hurting his reputation. I've even seen unfavorable comments about him on YouTube, and the comments were not about his music. They were about him and the fact people think he's using multiple identities. I've heard some of his music and to be honest, it's not bad. That being said, you can't expect everyone to like it, but you're only hurting him. If you're his manager I suggest you be more concerned with whoever is making the threads and the results the threads are having, than who's writing bad reviews. The bad reviews are probably at least partly a result of the attitude reflected in the threads....most likely a big part.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:09:57 AM PST
<<<The bad reviews are probably at least partly a result of the attitude reflected in the threads....most likely a big part.>>>
exactly,
If you claim to be his 'manager', don't you real that the type of promotion you are engaging in with him here makes him look like he is horribly mismanaged?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:54:49 AM PST
Musicologist says:
WHO?????

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:57:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 11:12:43 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Well RVACountryLover/E.P. Haufe/Mead Skelton/Brian/ ELVIS FAN - it looks like you've made your own bed...and now you have to sleep in it. I guess the posters around here aren't quite as dumb as you anticipated. The real shame of it all is, If you had just left well enough alone, you may have actually garnered some positive attention with that obscure, kitsch, retro cowboy niche sound you've got going on. But your real problems began when you started trolling threads all over the place with your ridiculous and insulting remarks, trying to draw attention to yourself, while posting under multiple pseudo-names. Ridiculous. Oh, and as far as complaining to Amazon, I'm sure they don't take "fake" profilers too lightly either. So you might want to give a second thought to your idea of "reporting this all to amazon". That would make the 'Brian' character in your delusional little charade very sad.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:59:59 AM PST
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/1031498/1033587.html
Local musician complains that "middle aged Negroes" at Kroger have a more "uppity attitude":

Richmond throwback singer-songwriter Meade Skelton likes getting his dinner at Kroger, he writes about it on his Tumblr:

"I enjoy going to Kroger's and getting a 2 pc chicken dinner . I get baked, not fried. (I eat healthy!). So then I had macaroni and cheese, and collard greens with it, and a dinner roll. It was very good in my mouth. I just love going there. The people that work there are really nice. Except some of them have a more uppity attitude. I notice its worse with the middle aged Negroes, than the younger ones. I guess they were taught to hate white people. Oh, well. I certainly don't hate them. After I had my dinner, I bought some delicious cookies that are chocolate chip with a vanilla filling in the center."

" My name is Meade Skelton, and I am a Country singer from Richmond, Virginia. I wrote something very unflattering about the employees of Kroger's- and commented on their race. This was something I think was wrong of me to do. I don't judge people based on their race, and I was doing that when I wrote that "middle aged negroes were more uppity in attitude than younger ones". I think that is a very wrong thing to say- because its not their race, its the individual people that were not treating me politely. I do apologize to anyone- especially those of the colored race, and I hope that they understand that I don't disrespect people based on any race, but on the content of their character. As of now, I hope that whatever fans and friends I have left, can forgive this `ol boy for putting his foot in his mouth.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 11:05:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 11:09:30 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
LOL - I'm sure the "colored race" felt SOOO much better after this "apology/retraction".

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:37:05 PM PST
Chazzzbo says:
somebody needs a bran muffin...

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:13:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 1:15:28 PM PST
D. Mok says:
Stop spamming Meade Skelton albums with fraudulent glowing reviews. No? Then put a sock in it.

If you were a real music manager, you would have realized that your artist's self-promotion tactics are a lose-lose proposition.

If you were Skelton's manager, you would know that disclosing the information does not give you credence; it makes you *less* credible, because he would be paying you.

Third, you would know how to write a real self-promotion blurb -- namely, one that does not sound like the artist thinks he's the Second Coming, which is extremely bad PR. You would know not to write something like "pop and rock music suck". Yes, I'm suuuuure there are managers who actually think a country artist crossing over to pop/rock audiences is a bad idea: "Gee, Meade, we're selling too many records, two CDs just this week. One of those people is a pop fan and he was wearing a Radiohead T-shirt. Let's make sure we piss him off before things get out of hand or the 50 CDs we ordered last year would run out too soon."

Finally, even if you were a poor manager who *would* make these missteps, you would have divulged that long before now.

No. You're not Skelton's manager. You are Skelton himself, or you are a deluded fan. You are also a horrible writer who has a vocabulary of perhaps half a dozen words. You don't even know enough about music to write something creative and specific about Skelton's music, other than the usual "talented", "talented", "talented". And for a guy who proclaims himself a country fan, your idea of pure country music is Emmylou Harris, who started out in folk music, and is in fact known for her rock-friendly crossover sound. You've got more holes in your intellectual hull than the U.S.S. Arizona.

Oh yeah, and here's a bit of education for you today: Of course sweaters have no talent, and don't make stupid remarks. Sweaters don't talk or perform music. Whether Brian should be wearing more advanced, talented sweaters which have the power of speech, I have no idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:21:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:23:59 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:23:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 3:43:05 PM PST
Just as MEADE SKELTON and RVACountryLover are the same?
Another chorus of: "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" please....

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:32:25 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:36:41 PM PST
Brian says:
I'll remove my reviews of your albums if you stop spamming the Music forum.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:46:33 PM PST
The next comment by RVACountryLover: "If all of you Meade Skelton haters would send me a crisp new one dollar bill I will leave the amazon.com music forums. This time I really mean it, fer's sure, no lies this time!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:59:24 PM PST
Hinch says:
What's up EF....uh, I mean Brian?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:15:58 PM PST
Brian says:
I'm not Meade.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:21:00 PM PST
If EF knew anything about literature, he'd be agreeing with Oscar Wilde:
"There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:50:37 PM PST
Its a deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 11:50:39 PM PST
Hinch says:
I didn't call you Meade. I called you Elvis Fan.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:10:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 6:34:02 AM PST
D. Mok says:
> BTW, Folk music is basically Country music

More blatant ignorance.

I dare you to call Anne Briggs, Kate Rusby, Cheung Ming Mun, Souad Massi and Tracy Chapman "country". Go ahead. I dare you.

You have it completely backwards. Country is a form of folk music. Blues is a form of folk music. But that doesn't mean folk music is country or blues. (A -> B is not equal to B -> A; just because "All lawyers are humans" doesn't mean "All humans are lawyers".)

"Folk music" is a term which encompasses a broad range of music styles which lie at the root of a certain culture, nation or people, and it is a term that is in no way restricted to American music styles. "Country", "blues", "bluegrass", "Celtic" -- these are the more specific, stylistically distinctive sub-genres that are used to describe the music in more detail. Listen to Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music -- primitive country-blues is in there.

No wonder you're bad at country music, Mr. Skelton. You don't know what it is.

> The next comment by RVACountryLover: "If all of you Meade Skelton haters would send me a crisp new one dollar bill I will leave the amazon.com music forums. This time
> I really mean it, fer's sure, no lies this time!"

That'd be more useless than the Nigerian scam. He'll just come back under a few dozen new names.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:50:23 AM PST
lol.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:52:29 PM PST
My neighbor's dog told me that Meade Skelton is the anti-christ.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:02:12 AM PST
That dog be real smart!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:15:59 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 27, 2013 7:28:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:56:00 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Son of Flintstone says: "and this $15 bought and paid-for review"

LOL! This site asks for a "$15 donation" for CD reviews. How much you wanna bet that Meade had his dad make out that check for $50?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions