Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Is Belgium 2nd rated

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2013 4:11:04 AM PDT
I liked amazon because of it's extensive product choice. But why do I have to pay £8 for shipping books, can't I order Kindle Paperwhite or buy an MP3?
Because I live in a small country with no commercial value?

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 8:09:36 AM PDT
Jevrick says:
I wouldn't say your country has no commercial value. You do make mighty fine chocolates after all.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 8:21:21 AM PDT
Isn't this a question for an Amazon U.K. Forum? Just asking...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 10:26:31 AM PDT
Johnny Bee says:
Is Belgium part of Europe? ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 10:53:32 AM PDT
>>>Is Belgium part of Europe? ;-)<<<

Belgium is in Western Europe and borders the Countries of France, Germany and The Netherlands.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 10:59:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 10:59:58 AM PDT
Johnny Bee says:
And its capital holds the HQ of the EU, I do believe,

Sorry Jon, I was being facetious.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 2:43:02 PM PDT
Jevrick says:
You forgot Luxembourg.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 2:45:05 PM PDT
Jevrick says:
Yep, Brussel Sprouts is the capital.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 2:50:23 PM PDT
It's so small that I didn't bother listing it. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 3:03:05 PM PDT
Jevrick says:
That is true.

Anybody else notice the OP is inquiring about paying 8 pounds and not 8 euros? Belgium doesn't use the pound.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 3:21:15 PM PDT
Hinch says:
That's over 12 dollars. Pretty steep shipping cost. I've ordered from Amazon U.K. and the shipping was the same or less than from U.S. Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 3:39:03 PM PDT
Derek W. says:
Hinch - I'm in the UK, and used to order quite a bit of stuff from US 'zon, usually from Marketplace sellers. Not any more since International shipping haas been pushed up to just over $14!!

I still occasionally order from US 'zon direct (not Marketplace sellers) as they are fairly reasonable on International shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 8:56:43 PM PDT
Hinch says:
It's been a while since I ordered. I didn't know the cost had gone up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2013 11:39:04 PM PDT
Val H. says:
Hi Derek,

I agree with you - the US Amazon marketplace is no longer somewhere I look for cheap(er) CDs and/or DVDs. With no fanfare, or even an announcement, the cost of shipping more than doubled overnight. I got stung (just the once) and won't be shopping in the Marketplace again. Like you, I still purchase from Amazon proper from time to time.

I hope the UK Marketplace doesn't follow suit, at present it's about £3.50 (US$5.30) to post to Australia.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2013 2:32:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2013 2:34:30 AM PDT
I suppose that I already know the answer -- which I'm thinking is no -- but is Amazon Prime membership in the US offered to people outside the US?

I would think that shipping costs would be too high for them to offer it to people outside the US, but perhaps they could do it with a higher price tag.

Just wondering, really, if they offer any kind of flat-rate deal at all that would eliminate or reduce shipping charges internationally if one were to place enough orders to cover what that flat rate would amount to. It doesn't affect me since I'm in the US.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 6:24:02 AM PDT
Hinch says:
I'm in the U.S. and just ordered a box set from a seller on UK Amazon. The shipping was about 4 dollars. They must be charging more to ship from here to the UK.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 9:32:46 AM PDT
Derek W. says:
Hinch - yes they are, a heck of a lot more, I think the cheapest shipping from a Marketplace seller to the UK is $14.29, although it's less if you buy a CD new from Amazon. It used to be cheaper for me to buy some of the more obscure US artists from the US, despite the difference in the shipping rates, but not any more!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 11:49:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2013 11:50:22 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Sorry to hear that! Doesn't seem right. Btw, I like UK amazon. They have quite a few albums and dvds not available here. The only problem is it takes quite a while to receive from there but it's not a big problem. Just gotta be patient. Lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2013 12:01:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2013 7:59:59 AM PDT
...no Belgium is not 2nd rated. You guys have dEUS and J. Brelles - you should be fined for being so spoiled...
;-0

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 5:05:05 PM PDT
Best French Fries I ever ate I got 'em there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 6:44:47 PM PDT
Crikeydingo says:
Ditto Derek. $14+ plus to Australia is outrageous. I pay $6-$7 on ebay. No more purchases from Amazon by me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions