Customer Discussions > Music forum

Concert(s) You Seriously Regret Not Attending

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 57 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2013 3:39:58 PM PST
I couldn't find a thread about this topic.

I seriously regret not attending the Cincinnati and/or Cleveland Led Zeppelin concerts in the spring / summer of 1977, right around my high school graduation. I did attend the Pink Floyd 1977 Animals concert in Cleveland, but for some reason passed on Led Zep. Big mistake!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 3:44:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 2:41:17 PM PST
Maybe that get your tickets by mail, for the first time that I could remember had a little something to do with it. Speaking for myself, I was not willing to send off money by mail hoping that I would get tickets to see Led Zeppelin in Cleveland or the Coliseum where ever that "77" show was played.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 4:18:25 PM PST
Dee Zee says:
Wings 1976.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 5:55:56 PM PST
Rob says:
For a couple of weeks in the summer of 1971 me and a couple of friends planned on driving from Pensacola FL to New Orleans LA to see the Doors. The day of the concert there were a series of sit-com like events that caused us to cancel the trip. It was the last show the Doors ever performed. I regret not being there.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 9:36:07 PM PST
Dr. Mikey says:
I regret not being able to say that I was at Woodstock. I don't regret not being there, just not being able to brag about it.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 9:59:25 PM PST
Robin Trower in 2009. I was in the hospital so it really sucked.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 4:34:06 AM PST
I can't remember exactly what year it was but I'm thinking 1976 or 77. A friend of mine had tickets for Fleetwood Mac, Steve Miller Band and Bob Welch. I can't remember the circumstances but he couldn't go. Me and another friend were interested. For whatever reason I hesitated (probably money) because I was still in high school. Anyway when I went to see him about the tickets, he ripped them up! He said if he couldn't go, no one would! Perhaps if I hadn't hesitated that would never had happened. Never saw any of those acts either.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 7:39:50 AM PST
Phil Perrin says:
Black Sabbath,late 1970's. The college I was working at during the summer was shutting down for two weeks before summer school started. I used my last check to make sure I had cigarettes and other "smokes" to last me until my next check. I had just enough money to get a KISS ticket, a whopping $6.50 back then! The next week,they announced Black Sabbath and a "hot,new" band,Van Halen! No body would loan me the $10 so I could go! Man was I pissed. It took me another 30 years before I got to see the original Sabbath,but to this day,I've never seen VH!

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 7:50:19 AM PST
Lez Lee says:
Arcade Fire before they were famous. They were playing a small venue in a dodgy area of Sheffield (Yorkshire, UK) and, as a lone no-longer young female I didn't fancy being there late at night' Regretted it ever since.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:41:11 PM PST
tokolosi says:
Heaven and Hell -- 2009. I saw them in Seattle (sucked) and Red Rocks / Denver (top-form).

I regret not seeing every show...

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:43:59 PM PST
The Beatles - Kansas City 1964

I was 11

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 8:55:42 AM PST
Pink Floyd - Pulse Tour

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:34:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 9:41:48 AM PST
vivazappa says:
I agree on Wings 76...I was ready to get tickets and asked a gal to go with me.
She said "No" and I was bummed...I really thought she would go with me but she had a boyfriend.
I never got tickets.

#1-PETE'S solo tour in the early 90's...that one still stings...lack of $$$
The Lamb...they played a small place and I was shut out
Bowie in 78...the Stage Tour...away at college
Bowie in 74-5...the Diamond Dogs tour...tickets sold out quick and I still hadn't figured out the art of getting tickets to big shows
The Band/Dylan tour of 74...blinked and missed the day they went on sale
Floyd WYWH 75 tour...again...blinked
Zappa on NYE 74/75...mom said "No way" because of all the NYE drunks on the road (the only time she ever said that)
NEIL on Rust...away at college
Purple on Burn...blinked again
Beck/SRV...my fault...shoulda, woulda, coulda
Believe it or not...Nirvana's last tour...same as Beck/SRV
And THE MATS...I NEVER SAW THE MATS...WHY O" WHY...AND WHAT WAS I THINKING!

I was old enough to attend um all too!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:42:17 AM PST
Besides the glaringly obvious one of THE BEATLES in Houston in 1965, (my sister got to go, she was 14 and I was 6) I'd have to say the night I didn't go to see Stevie Ray Vaughan at a bar in downtown Midland, TX in the early eighties. Would have been so AWESOME to have seen him at such a small venue, but I had never heard of him and people saying "NO, man, he's the best guitarist in the world" didn't help my immediate skepticism of such a statement. 'Course when I saw and heard him later I just about kicked myself for not going that night before he was famous....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 11:29:05 AM PST
zlh67 says:
You didn't miss much....

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:32:39 AM PST
zlh67 says:
Bruuce on the 1999/2000 reunion tour. I had been warming up to Bruce's stuff over many years and figured to get the full experience I needed to see him live, but I figured tix would be impossible to get and none of my friends liked him and wanted to go, so I passed. The night of the show I was thinking "Man, I should just go up there...", but I didn't.

Review in the paper here a day or two later was by some guy who wrote that he'd seen Bruce shows going back to the 70's -- 17 or so in all -- and THAT was the best one he'd seen. Very shortly after this, I got into Bruce more and bought a few albums and then became a HUGE fan, but not in time to get me offa my arse to go see that reunion show! Stupid!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 12:53:31 PM PST
After seeing the home video release, I think I actually missed quite a bit!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 1:07:05 PM PST
zlh67 says:
I guess. I've heard some people who loved the show and maybe some others were better than the one I went to, but I was at the San Antonio show in the Alamodome and it was dreadful. Too big, horrible sound and I had lousy seats. Some of the Dark Side-WYWH stuff was ok but there was nothing from Animals and the Wall songs they attempted were definitely missing a certain something (or should i say, someONE).

And way too many new songs in the setlist, but admittedly, I didn't care much for the Momentary Lapse or DB albums....

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:25:04 PM PST
zlh67 says:
2 other biggies for me, and I've posted about these before, but...

KISS Alive II shows at the LA Forum, 1977 - I was 10. Friend had *2nd row* tix and didn't want to go. He was part of a larger group of kids going and it was to be chaperoned by parents. Even so, my folks said NO WAY. I should have said I was spending the night with a friend and gone!!

Same for LED ZEP. Their last U.S. tour (1977), also at the LA FORUM. My friend's mom had 4 tix to all the shows (there were 4-5 nites as I recall) and they invited me to go to one of them. But the parental units said "DEE-NIED". I shoulda just never mentioned it and said I was spending the night at a friends' that night.!! Even if I'd gotten caught, it woulda been worth it, dammit!!

Oh... and another BIGGIE: probably my favorite band of all time: QUEEN. I *was* old enough for this one in 1982 and had already been to a few shows (Journey, Foreigner, Van Halen), but I still wasn't old enough to drive. But I'd been a BIG Queen fan since 1976 and since I was too young to go on their 1980 tour, I was pumped when Queen went on tour in '82 with another act (Billy Squier) I really liked opening up. But none of my friends that could drive like 'em, so I hit my older brother up. He was good to go too so I told him to buy the tix and I'd pay him back for mine. Then a week or two later the new album came out (HOT SPACE) which I *Hated* at the time. My brother was dragging his feet and I got tired of asking him about it and since I didn't like the new album my enthusiasm was way down, so I just forgot about it.

A year or so later, HOT SPACE really grew on me and I'd become an even BIGGER fan of Queen, so I was eagerly awaiting a tour with each new album they put out, but they of coruse never hit the states again and, well, we all know how that one ended. Major drag, and on that one I didn't have my parents to blame! It's one thing to miss a tour, but when it's the first and last opp you'd ever have to see your very favorite legendary band.... that ain't right.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:09:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:14:38 AM PST
A Talking Heads/Television twinbill that was within
walking distance from my home @ Syncopation
Discotheque in Hartsdale, NY, that later became a
Beefsteak Charlie's-

yeah I blew that one...

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:01:23 PM PST
Music Luver says:
I wish I could have attended the Concert for Bangla Desh.
Woodstock, I was a bit too young I suppose.
George Harrison 1974 Toronto - I drove a friend to the interstate toll booth to catch his ride. I told him, get me a ticket and I'll drive us there. He tried but couldn't get one.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:39:59 PM PST
Snowblind says:
Rolling Stones - Get your yeas yeas out tour. To young

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 8:50:45 PM PST
B. Stowers says:
Stevie Ray in 1989(he was dead less than a year later) and Rush Moving Pictures tour.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:21:47 PM PST
B-Jak says:
I don't know how many years ago Tom Waits last toured, but a buddy of mine and I wanted to go. He said he'd get the tix. Needless to say, I don't let someone else take responsibility for something I want any more.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:01:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:26:22 PM PST
Had a chance to see Pink Floyd 1970 in Port Chester NY at the capitol Theater.I was 12 going on thirteen and my best friends brother was turning us on to the band,but I was just to young to get it.I was listening to Three dog night ,Simon and garfunkel type music and Ummagumma and Atom mother Heart were beyond me and kind of scarred me.So I decided not to go,I had permission and a ride with my friends mom but I chickened out. Three years later I saw them on The Darkside of the Moon Tour at Roosevelt Island NYC plus four more times in the seventies with all four members,but I always regret no going to that first show.

P.S. I'm actually going to The Capitol Theater tonight 1-15-13 to see Leon Russell and Little Feat.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The Music Of Our Lives 6407 21 minutes ago
Song Game...10 songs where.... 4834 23 minutes ago
Favorite 2014 Albums? 175 47 minutes ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 4059 47 minutes ago
Long Careers in Music 46 53 minutes ago
Favourite Female Artists 1715 1 hour ago
Christmas Playlists! 30 2 hours ago
The Mount Rushmore of Music 103 2 hours ago
Short but impactful careers in music 27 5 hours ago
Musical Mt. Rushmore 32 11 hours ago
Top Artists on iPod Device? 29 11 hours ago
Most compelling line in a song. 2626 12 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  57
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions