Customer Discussions > Music forum

Why is Barack Obama on the Cover of Rolling Stone...Again?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 2:04:22 PM PDT
I just saw the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and President Barack Obama is on there again! Isn't this the third or forth cover he's been on? I thought they were supposed to be a Music magazine. What a Liberal hack rag they have become...

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:14:49 PM PDT
Maybe he's being inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 2:17:22 PM PDT
HA, HA, Good One. That made me laugh out loud ;-)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:22:03 PM PDT
Hey, he won the Nobel peace prize even before he'd even done anything in office, so it's not a stretch if he gets inducted into the Rock Hall Of Fame, LOL.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:23:30 PM PDT
BTW, Richard, you need to get back together with Linda and cut another album like "I Wanna See The Bright Lights Tonight" or "Hokey Pokey". Get on it, mister.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:25:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 2:25:31 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
Anybody tasked with cleaning up W's mess deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, Rock and Roll HOF induction and a free set of steak knives to boot.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:27:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 2:28:13 PM PDT
@zlh67: not a bad point. I think that's precisely why he was given the prize--it was more like a "Thank God Darth Vader Isn't Running America Anymore" award.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 2:39:50 PM PDT
@Mike Topper - yeah, I get that all the time. And the rest of you guys are hilarious...keep it up. RnR Hall of Fame, Nobel Peace Prize, how 'bout being declared a Saint? Might as well.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 2:41:30 PM PDT
The red cups are all gone at the local 7-11...
Obama is doomed!

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:13:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 9:06:35 PM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Sainthood? Maybe one of the translations of Matthew 16:18 got corrupted?
"You are Barack upon which I will build my church."

2 out of 4? Oh look, I cheesed off the fundies! Missed that tolerance memo, eh fellas?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 9:03:43 PM PDT
He is on again because he is going to be President again!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 9:05:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 9:07:36 PM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
From your lips to the electoral college's ears, Rizzo. Bad enough to have to read Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale for field exams. I really don't relish living in a country actually like that.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 10:39:43 PM PDT
coolaidrx says:
I don't have as much an issue with Obama being on the cover of RS as I do with the fact that pretty much the whole magazine revolves around Bruce Springsteen. I like a lot of his songs, but from there to have every single thing he does analyzed and made into a full interview, or if it's his birthday and he shares cake with the public... Or if he's eating spaghetti with Patti in Venice... Who cares? Really? There are no other artists around the world doing anything more interesting, uh? Maybe nobody's making music because they are all sitting around watching The Boss share cake with the public...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 1:02:55 AM PDT
Who reads Rolling Stone anymore? They went downhill even before they started carrying ads for 900 numbers.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 4:35:41 AM PDT
Blue Jay Way says:
I stopped reading RS about ten years ago. That magazine is about anything but music. They are the printed format of MTV and VH1. In other words, they are not even a shadow of their previous self. They lost their identity along the way ages ago.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 8:50:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 9:01:27 AM PDT
rokroller says:
Obama's doomed...his policies have been devestating to everyone; the middle class, the African American community, etc...even all of the illegals, dead people, dogs, cats, etc that the Dems & ACORN have registered to vote won't be enough to save him..he's already done the "I'm the Messiah" & "America Sucks And I'm Sorry" & his "I Don't Mind If Jihadists Take Over The Middle East And I Don't Like Israel" tours...maybe RS is gonna sponsor his farewell tour...maybe he can even open for Bruce.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:04:22 AM PDT
B L T says:
Mad Magazine...

September 2008 cover, "Yes We Can't"
http://www.madcoversite.com/mad493id.jpg

February 2009 cover, "The First 100 minutes"
http://www.madcoversite.com/mad498id.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 9:20:25 AM PDT
come on man don,t listen to all the carp you here. this country was in bad shape when obama took comand

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:02:30 AM PDT
Politicians are politicians. As long as they are allowed to run this country with the "us vs. them" mentality we will continue to lose ground to the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 10:06:18 AM PDT
A customer says:
Those are fabulous prizes. Now I must ask, what kind of magnificent bounty is bestowed upon whomever cleans up Obama's mess?

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:23:31 AM PDT
I love it when partisan politics enters a music discussion forum.

NOT.

Richard, sorry to break it to you, but this thread was a bad idea. Making "Shoot Out The Lights Vol.II" would have been a better idea, methinks. ;)

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:27:42 AM PDT
Fischman says:
Thanks MT--I like to jaw politics as much as the next guy, bot not here. If I want to partake in this brand of stressful divisiveness, I'll wander over into the Politics Forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:24:15 AM PDT
bass boy says:
The country's economy is in worse shape now than it was in 2007/2008. Obama is on the cover of RS because RS wants to re-elect him. I think both candidates stink.
And yes, Rolling Stone pays way too much attention to Springsteen. I like Springsteen but he is not the end all to everything. I guess Rolling Stone has elected Bruce the new Kurt Cobain.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 1:20:57 PM PDT
Stratocaster says:
Why is Barack Obama on the Cover of Rolling Stone...Again?!

Mitt just doesn't have a good face for Rock & Roll?
And that haircut? Who's styling his hair? Didn't the pompadore go out in the early 60's?
I think if Mitt gets some corn rows or dreadlocks up there? Now you're talking RS cover shot!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 1:25:33 PM PDT
Texas Woman says:
Stalcup: This election has reminded me of the Handmaid's Tale as well! I read it when it came out back in 1985. Horrifying! I am going to go post some more Clash songs (and vote of course)!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions