Customer Discussions > Music forum

Here's the list: Musicians Backing Mitt Romney...and Those Supporting Barack Obama. Wild guess whose got the better list....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 466 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2012 10:53:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 6:19:14 AM PDT
MarcTheKing says:
It's almost embarassing. This is straight from Wikipedia...feel free to add any others you've heard of.

Mitt Romney Supporters:

Meatloaf (most recent addition!)
Trace Adkins
Hank Williams, Jr.
Mike Love
Rodney Atkins
Neal E. Boyd[336]
Sara Evans
David Foster
Lee Greenwood
Andy Griggs
Vanilla Ice (yikes!!)
Jo Dee Messina
Ronnie Milsap
Sam Moore
Wayne Newton
Ted Nugent (natch...)
The Oak Ridge Boys
Donny Osmond
Randy Owen
Collin Raye
John Rich
Kid Rock (Score One for the 21st Century..)
Nikki Minaj (Score two for the 21st Century...)
T.G. Sheppard
Shyne
Gene Simmons
Scott Stapp (I'm sensing a trend here....)
Lane Turner
Johnny Van Zant

Barack Obama Supporters:

Marc Anthony
Burt Bacharach
Jeff Beck
Tony Bennett
Mary J. Blige
Jon Bon Jovi
Jimmy Buffett
David Byrne
Colbie Caillat
Mariah Carey
Cher
Kelly Clarkson
Common
Chris Cornell
Miley Cyrus
Delta Rae
El Debarge
Earth, Wind & Fire
Gloria Estefan
50 Cent
Foo Fighters
Ben Folds
Peter Frampton
Al Green (Barack takes his place when Rev. Al is sick on the road)
Cee Lo Green
Josh Groban
Buddy Guy
Merle Haggard (You're lookin' at Country...)
Anthony Hamilton
Herbie Hancock
Jennifer Hudson
Ice Cube
Mick Jagger
Quincy Jones
R. Kelly
Alicia Keys
B.B. King
Carole King
Beyoncé Knowles
Solange Knowle
Jay-Z
Adam Lambert
Cyndi Lauper
John Legend
Jared Leto
Adam Levine
Jennifer Lopez
Ludacris
Joel Madden
Madonna
Maná
Chris Martin
Ricky Martin
Bette Midler
Moby
Janelle Monáe
Jason Mraz
Ne-Yo
Randy Newman
Aubrey O'Day
Joell Ortiz
Katy Perry
Pink
Pitbull
Pras
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Busta Rhymes
Axl Rose
Kelly Rowland
Rza
Jessica Sanchez
Snoop Dogg
Bruce Springsteen
Yvonne Staples
Gwen Stefani
Barbra Streisand
Trey Songz
James Taylor[349]
Toni Tennille
T.I.
Treach
Justin Timberlake (They're both gonna bring Sexy Back!)
Usher
Eddie Vedder
Pete Wentz
Kanye West
will.i.am
Stevie Wonder

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 12:17:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 12:18:17 AM PDT
Hinch says:
The only embarassing thing is some people think it matters who a bunch of celebs support.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:15:03 AM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
This could be the one instance where Green Party candidate Jill Stein stands a chance of coming out better than Twit Rob-me or B-roke Oh Bugger:

Jello Biafra

Others?

(Shame The Green Party wasn't an option on the Indiana absentee vote. I'm more in their camp than I am in the Dems apparently).

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:17:22 AM PDT
MarcTheKing says:
Musicians are entitled to their opinions just like any other American. The fact that they have media outlets broadcasting their choice for President more than just a vote- it's an endorsement.

I started this thread to point out the remarkable differences in musicians popularity between the two. Obama has far more popular artists supporting his campaign. Any thoughts on why?

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:33:15 AM PDT
Certainly, most musicians have very limited intellectual capabilities. They are more in touch with their feelings. Hence, they support the person whom they 'feel' is the better person, rather than the person who will, intellectually do the best job for the country. it's not rocket science.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:35:54 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
I'm switching my vote to Mitt...David Foster is never wrong ;)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:36:59 AM PDT
Those lists are important on one level and that would just how the two candidates could use the musicians for cash and votes.
Honey Boo Boo, plays a toy piano and eats dirt and she is endorsing Obama....This kinda stuff sells a lot of pimple cream!

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 6:41:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 6:41:46 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
If "Elvis Fan" endorses Obama he will lose votes.
It could tip Ohio!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 7:13:07 AM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Yes, but PHILIP S WOLF, Honey Boo Boo can't vote . . . and none of her family members will fit in the booth, or be able to read the candidates' names/flick the switches with their fingers even if, Crisco willing, they COULD get in the booth.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 7:15:44 AM PDT
CD Lover says:
@ Timothy Schubert, who wrote:

Certainly, most musicians have very limited intellectual capabilities.

I do not have an answer to MarcTheKing's question as to why one candidate has far more popular artists supporting his campaign, but I completely and respectfully disagree with your statement. I think it's very unfair to imply that most musicians aren't very bright, and I certainly don't know why their intellect would necessarily come into play when choosing one candidate over the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 7:37:39 AM PDT
S. Stalcup ~

They won't let 7 year olds vote?
Voter Supression once more!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 7:45:25 AM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Nope. Seven year olds can't vote, but those with a mental age of seven can apparently. That's the only explanation I can think of for Daniels being elected governor twice in my home state as well as why Richard Mourdock was not taken to Monument Circle and flogged in public for his comments on rape and pregnancy.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 7:51:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 7:51:58 AM PDT
S. Stalcup ~

My wife used to work at a local womens center and dealt with rape cases up close. People like Mourdock ( I don't know of Daniels) that think god wants rape to happen need a quick lobotomy as they may be mis-quoting the allmighty....and I had better stop before ELVIS FAN shows up here!

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:13:09 AM PDT
Fischman says:
Seven year olds can vote--so long as they're illegal and lack a picture ID!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 8:23:13 AM PDT
tokolosi says:
Romney: Vanilla Ice
Obama: Ice Cube

I think that there sez it all...

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:45:27 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
Meatloaf played at a Romney rally the same day Ann was on a cooking show making...what else...MEATLOAF!

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 9:20:21 AM PDT
I'm sure Vanilla Ice, Gene Simmons, and Meat Loaf know they're helping Obama by even opening their mouths. Why not bribe the one guy left from Milli Vanilli, New Kids on the Block, and Flock of Seagulls to endorse Romney? I'm sure they need the money.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 9:24:23 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 9:39:16 AM PDT
EvenSteven says:
"Attacking me is not an agenda for foreign policy".....boo freakin hoo Mittens!, the 47% really felt bad for the presidents "attack" on you in the 3rd debate......cant wait until 11/7

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 9:47:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 26, 2012 9:49:56 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 9:49:24 AM PDT
JCRB says:
Oh, is this certainly the way you feel then?

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 10:09:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 10:09:29 AM PDT
Fischman says:
While it's certainly unfair to blanket all musicians as lacking intellect, it's probably a reasonable generalization to say most of them are more "feelers" than "thinkers." This is no different from Hollywood, where the majority of actors--and IMO the better actors (with some exceptions) have for years been very vocal about their liberal leanings. While I appreciate the art that artists of all types have expressed as a result of their feelings, I don't generally give much creedence to most of what they say outside their art.

Mr. Critic--you forgot about Ted Nugent!

EvenSteven--thanks for expressing your political opinion, but I saw nothing in your post that addressed the topic of artists supporting candidates--or are you a famous artist I just haven't heard of yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:10:53 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Of course celebs have the right, and a few of my favs are on Obama's list. There are also more on his list I strongly dislike. Popularity doesn't make their music or political choice better. It's really not surprising O's list is long. Hollywood and the entertainment business is made up mostly of liberals.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:16:48 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Good one Fischman!!. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:20:07 AM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
"I don't know of Daniels"
I wish the people of Indiana NEVER had known of him, PHILIP. If ever a person fit the turtle and the scorpion parable, it's that midget. Not sure whether he got his nickname "The Blade" from those coke charges the Dems didn't pursue or what he did to the budget. He outsourced every flipping thing in the state. Leased the toll roads to the Aussies for 70 years. Stripped the teachers of collective bargaining/seniority. Gave state funds to charter schools. Just complete scum, really.

Rose to power riding around in this Winnebago on this "My Man Mitch" slogan. Swept his Lebanese background under the rug lest it not go over so hot with the anti-Arab good ol' boys at the coffee shops where he stumped.
I'm REALLY hoping for riots on the Purdue campus when he assumes the office of university president at the end of his term. He's destined to be succeeded by Mike (get ready to earn not much beyond a) Pence as the Dems are running ex-Senator/Pringles logo lookalike John Gregg in opposition and his ads are too Mayberry for words.

"Now you know. And knowing is half the battle."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  466
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions