Customer Discussions > Music forum

90's Who is the better songwriter's? GOO GOO DOLLS or FOO FIGHTERS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2012 1:32:03 AM PST
K. Neubauer says:
I trully beleive that the Goo Goo Dolls are one of the most underated bands from the 90's...I never knew how talented both these guys were , although different styles, I would have to say John Rzeznik of the GOO GOO DOLLS! Their last album "Somthing For The Rest Of Us" is amazing and way better than "Foo's Wasted Light".....

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 1:32:39 AM PST
K. Neubauer says:
GGO GOO DOLLS !

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 1:43:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 1:44:45 AM PST
J M says:
Goo Goo Dolls. The foo fighters are incredibly annoying!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 5:48:33 PM PST
Hinch says:
I remember The Goo Goo Dolls. Dont remember their songs, other than "Sllde" but based on what I've seen of Foo Fighters, I'd say Goo Goo Dolls. I never thought of Goo Goo Dolls as being annoying. I really dont even see a comparison.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 6:31:03 PM PST
T. Boyle says:
I'm a fan of both bands, but I like Foo Fighters better. Goo Goo Dolls has a great sound, but their albums seem repetitious, and their sound has softened quite a bit over time. Foo Fighters still have an edge and continue to release great songs.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 3:39:58 PM PST
A. Strong says:
Foo Fighters beat those Dolls hands-down!

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 6:03:44 PM PST
Foos in a landslide. Goo Goo Dolls were cool, then they went soft.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 6:50:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2012 7:52:49 PM PST
N.Rogers says:
So basically we are starting near rock bottom, and randomly choosing two of the artist who reside there to debate? I'll go with Foo Fighters. No real reason behind that choice other than hearing Foo Fighters is slightly less likely to make me want to off myself. Also I like Mentos.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:47:23 PM PST
Lou Presley says:
And the winner is...Hoodoo Rhythm Devils by TKO.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:22:11 AM PDT
ac says:
oh pleeeaase.. the Goo Goo dolls are horrendous! yuck!!! there only clame is name..they should have retired after that song..Iris is ok but please..it aint no "TIMES LIKE THESE". Dave GROWL is an excellent songriter and front a very good band called THE FOO FiGHTERS!! he has proved that he is a legitimate artist and performer without having to torture people with mushy humdrum lallabyes.The Foo Fighters always have great hooks and verses to keep people moving!! and that is what rock is all about!! And DAVE GROWL was a DRUMMER?! HOW BOUT THAT ONE!!!!

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:52:14 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
Foo's in a cakewalk!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 1:35:44 PM PDT
K. Neubauer says:
The Goo Goo Dolls have a way better sound....Johnny Rzeznik has a way better voice then Grohl who just does nuthin but really yell and semi sings his lyrics as aggression. Johnny, has a much better vocal style and is a way better songwriter, and he is influenced by "The Replacements" how bout that! You say they have better hooks and versus.....hmmm If you are hung up this thing about humdrum music, that humdrum music gets way more airplay. And if you like hardcore, have you ever listened to "THE GOO's " early stuff????? Too much caffeine, slow down.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:11:46 PM PDT
Amber Barnes says:
Well seeing as they're from opposite sides of the spectrum... from a lyrics and voice point of view, I'm going to say I like the Goo Goo Dolls more. I find their lyrics more meaningful and relatable to me. Plus I like Johnny's voice more. I like Foo Fighters too though, they don't really write about the same things.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 11:05:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012 11:07:04 PM PDT
Foo Fighters beat Dolls up. There's a big gap between the type of music/lyrical content each band has. Personally, I wouldn't listen to Goo Goo Dolls if you paid me. Pop music. The only reason I saw this post is it was below the fIREHOSE Anthology, which is a band I'll take over the Foos & Dolls any day!

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 4:47:47 AM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Goo Goo Dolls took way too much from The Replacements and went off in the direction of "Achin' to Be" and "Skyway." That said, both got played to death, be it "Iris," "Everlong," "Black Balloon," "Big Me," "Name," "My Hero," or "Falling Down."

Egh, much like high school, the best thing about the 1990s is . . . it ended.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 4:49:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 4:57:51 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
Which smells better: 2 year old Spam or fresh dog sheet?

Sorry, I guess I just never cared for either band...

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:53:13 PM PST
J. Kimery says:
Goo >> Foo for song writing. JR can, at times, be poetic. I can't believe I just wrote that.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:21:06 PM PST
ronct says:
Who cares neither group has written anything really great that will give them a place in musical history. They entertained us but truth be told neither group has good songwriters. I am impressed with the Foo Fighters when I hear them perform other people music much more than their own. The Goo Goo Dolls seemed more like posers than real musicians does anyone even mention them anymore?.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:52:52 AM PST
K. Neubauer says:
THe Goo Goo Dolls are unlike any other group! Broadway, Better Days, Black Baloon, just genius....Johnny Rzeznik has a much better unique singing style and songwriting approach that is different, look at IRIS, Stay with Me, and if you really listen to "Somthing Fior The Rest Of Us" its just brlliiant!

THE GOO WIN, Sorry! And YES, they are musical history!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:06:45 PM PST
ronct says:
I guess they need a cheerleader since nobody else ever mentions them anymore. Like so many bands they had their moment and it is over. Had their music had any real significance they might have had a place in music history. Your post is too funny and I detect someone is fishing as you can't be serious.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:46:53 PM PST
Arseface says:
Goo Goo Dolls because I like them more >:P
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

ARRAY(0x952940f0)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions