Customer Discussions > Music forum

Your Favorite Album This Week?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 132 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 2:05:13 PM PST
Randy says:
Doesn't have to be new, doesn't have to be classic, doesn't even have to make your all-time favorites list; it just has to be what's rocking your world(musically speaking, of course) this week.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:10:52 PM PST
Randy says:
KASEY CHAMBERS & SHANE NICHOLSON: Wreck and Ruin

This one has actually held the top spot for me for about 4 weeks.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:14:48 PM PST
Chazzzbo says:
A B C & D of Boogie Woogie - Live in Paris

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:20:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 2:23:27 PM PST
Johnny Bee says:
Irish Heartbeat - Van Morrison & The Chieftains

Listened to it today for the first time in ages - wonderful.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:44:48 PM PST
Afterglow-Black Country Communion
Strangers In The Night-UFO
Endless Jam 1&2-Michael Schenker

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:50:33 PM PST
Zaplightning says:
Sister Sin - Now And Forever

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:54:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 2:58:29 PM PST
zlh67 says:
I have been re-visiting a classic fave of mine from 1990, Time'S Up from Living Colour. SUCH a superb and under-appreciated album (imho).

But as the week wraps up I'm going back to "Clockwork Angels" by Rush to get more familiar with that one. Going to see them in San Antonio on Fri.... Geddyup.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:59:33 PM PST
zlh67-Dont do it. I saw Rush last week and was bored to tears. Cool special effects but, music was painfully boring. Friend who took me is a Rush fanatic and he said he was falling asleep. I wouldnt lie to you about this!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:44:07 PM PST
Part of a friends post from yesterday:

"Saw Rush play live here in Buffalo one month ago. First time I've ever seen them in concert.
Phenomenal show, and really cool video playing on a giant screen for much of the show.
Set list was awesome...."

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:34:02 PM PST
MyRidesHere says:
___AMENRA_MASS_V____________

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:15:44 PM PST
Comment Man says:
Wa Ho Ha

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:36:34 PM PST
Grandpa Tom says:
Lucinda Williams Blessed

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:06:54 AM PST
zlh67 says:
Thanks for the advice McNary, but I'll risk it! First, it's $25, not $200 (I got some cheapo tix on Craigs List....). Second, I'm a drummer and Neil Peart is a fave, so I don't care what songs they play, watching him is always a treat. I can tell from the setlist that this is not the most exciting tour they've done (at least not unless you just love love LOVE the new album and their 80's albums too, which I mostly don't), but it's still worth going to see to me. I'll let you know if I feel otherwise after tonight!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 7:38:22 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Psychedellic Pill-NEIL
Weld-NEIL
I'm heading out to see him Friday.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 7:45:12 AM PST
Randy says:
Here's a 1982 album from my favorite living songwriter that I've been giving repeated spins this week:

JOHN HIATT: All of a Sudden

1.I Look For Love
2.This Secret Life
3.Overnight Story
4.Forever Yours
5.Some Fun Now
6.Walking Dead
7.I Could Use An Angel
8.Getting Excited
9.Doll Hospital
10.Something Happens

AMG Review:
Hiatt's fifth album and his first for Geffen, his third record label, was given a somewhat inappropriate big-gloss production (all shimmering keyboards and filtered vocals) by Tony Visconti, known for his work with David Bowie. What counts with Hiatt, though, is the songs, and this album contains "I Look for Love," as knowing a dissection of the dating scene as anyone has yet attempted.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 7:59:33 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Randy:
I don't have that one...based on what you just said I'm gonna find it...I love John Hiatt!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:32:58 AM PST
Randy says:
Viva, I would think that Hiatt's early '80s output would appeal to anyone who likes Elvis Costello, Graham Parker or Joe Jackson. Also, it goes without saying that Hiatt fans should enjoy it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 8:39:17 AM PST
"3 Pears" Dwight Yoakum's latest release...maybe the best cd of the year and his career. Grammy prediction !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:40:30 AM PST
MyRidesHere says:
howdy randy,thanks very the great response to this discussion.i remember his was being touted as the american elvis costello at the time.that turned me off.later i scored bring the family way back in '89.i was hooked immediately.lipstick sunset is one of my all-time favorite songs.now i own everything by hiatt i could find over the years.i've seen him live in many different forms and have never been let down by his musicianship, songs and humorous onstage candor.hiatt is one of a kind and i'm baffled as to why he isn't more of a household name yet i kind of enjoy that he belongs to us(in a good way) and not just anybody.peace to you.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:24:14 AM PST
Working Man says:
This week I have been listenting to the first ever studio recording of Rick Wakeman's "Journey to the Center of the Earth". It's been recorded in the studio for the first time with addtional 15 minutes or so of music which was cut from the original live recording and new naration by Patrick Stewart. I think it's only available as a Classic Rock Magazine fanpack as I don't believe it's seen a broad release yet. Prog rock isn't that cool anymore, but it's been enjoyable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:29:13 AM PST
vivazappa-My sister in law is a huge Neil Young fan and there are a couple of Neil Young books out. Which one would you recommend? I'm thinking about getting her one for Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:32:28 AM PST
zlh67-Neil Peart never fails to impress.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:44:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 9:46:19 AM PST
Johnny Bee says:
Stephen - On the basis that Shakey: Neil Young's Biography is a bit dry, I'd suggest Waging Heavy Peace. Haven't read it yet (I'm reading Bruce at the moment) but it's written by the man himself and has garnered some decent reviews.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:49:33 AM PST
Randy says:
RE: now i own everything by hiatt i could find over the years.i've seen him live in many different forms and have never been let down by his musicianship, songs and humorous onstage candor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Groucho, I also own all of Hiatt's albums and have never been disappointed(well, except for maybe Little Head). I've seen him live twice(most recently last month) and will probably see him every time he comes within a hundred miles of me as long as he keeps performing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 10:35:25 AM PST
MyRidesHere says:
shakey: is imo, a biographic timeline with straight ahead history.nothing really too revealing to neil's longtime fans.not a bad book if you're a big fan or new to neil.
waging heavy peace: is imo, neil personally describing in his own words his day to day journey and life history from a humorously hippie spiritual laidback philosophical context.neil meanders in a beautiful way. he really gets down honestly when he talks/describes the great relationships/loves and muses in his life.i found this book the better of the two.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  132
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  May 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions