Customer Discussions > Music forum

Performances that you want to hear, that can never exist (because of space and time) :-(

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 11:55:10 PM PST
Rock Fan says:
Roy Orbison - What a Crying Shame (a cover of the Maverick's 90's song)
(Since he died in late 80's it is impossible.)
What songs would you like to hear, that will never be?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:02:45 AM PST
A. Strong says:
One more performance of: "Bell Boy" with Keith Moon and John Entwistle on that stage with Roger and Pete. And the complete: "The Who By Numbers" record performed after that and then the lads could do: "A Quick One" and then..........Well, You get the idea.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:50:47 AM PST
vivazappa says:
The Doors--Riders on the Storm

I don't believe it was ever played live.
Jim bailed on the band after recording the record and went to France.
Then he took a bath :(

"By Numbers" is a GREAT CALL!!!
I saw the 76 show and they only played two tunes from it.
And one of them was Squeeze Box!!! (Ugg!)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:28:52 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
That's an easy one for me -

Dualing guitar solos by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jimmi Hendrix playing "All Along The Watchtower" and "Voodoo Child" together!!!!!! That could go on all night as far as I'm concerned.

Or.....Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett doing one last "real" Genesis reunion tour. I'd pay REAL money to see that happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:38:35 AM PST
The 75 Texas dvd that just came out was from the Numbers tour. I am highly disappointed in the audio and video quality of this disc. I do no recommend.
Then he took a bath, laughed out loud! Thanks Viva...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:39:48 AM PST
I am all in on a complete Genesis reunion!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:47:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:49:08 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Daniel E. White says: I am all in on a complete Genesis reunion!

Yes! And Peter MUST pull all of his old costumes out of the attic. As far as I know, he was THEE first to pull so much music, storytelling and imagery together in live 'Rock' performance. What a great time for music that was!!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:02:00 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Chester Thompson would have to play drums if it was an extended tour. Phil might be able to do a one off show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:38:58 PM PST
What is wrong with Phil?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:50:01 PM PST
S. Stalcup says:
Spinal injury. Can't play the drums anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:00:01 PM PST
Thanks for the reply, I had no idea. That sucks for him a lot more than it does for us.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:13:41 PM PST
S. A. S. L. says:
I would love to see a "Police" reunion but I don't think it'll happen. I love "Enigma" music but I highly doubt that will also happen on stage. Michael Cretu is the mastermind behind it. It would be impossible for him to perform that music live. (As he stated before). :(

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 4:03:19 PM PST
Steve Vrana says:
I would have loved to see the original Kinks--Ray and Dave Davies, Mick Avory and Peter Quaife--back in the studio one last time. Their last few studio albums were no way for this celebrated band to go out. I'm convinced they had at least one last classic album left in them.

Also, a Faces or Small Faces reunion would be amazing. (Glad to see them get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!)

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:24:11 PM PST
Darn space & time!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:03:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 6:05:49 PM PST
A GENESIS reunion with a tour for Lamb Lies Down on Broadway would be at the top of my list too.
Besides Phil's health problems, what is up with Peter? Is his ego too big to reunite with his old band mates?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:42:20 AM PST
S. Stalcup says:
Perhaps, though judging by his recent output, it's just not the particular past glories upon which he wishes to coast at the moment. Better to do symphonic versions of the solo material, cover other people's songs and reissue So in a mahoosive "Who can actually afford it in this economy?" anniversary version.

And that incident with Cusack coming onstage with the boombox at the beginning of "In Your Eyes," was utter rubbish, for anyone who didn't see the footage. He just walked onstage, handed him a boombox and walked off. Not the sort of spectacle the masses hope for, Petey.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:35:45 AM PST
Beatles perform the Sgt. Pepper album live, full range of musicians, in a concert hall. Quiet, respectful audience. No screamers drowning out the performance.

Benny Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall concert. And recorded in hi fidelity stereo.

1975 KISS lineup (Criss, Frehley, Simmons, Stanley) Christmas album. Ditto for the '67 'Stones.

Britney Spears sings The Great American Songbook. With lush orchestra. Preferably live on TV.

Cartman's (South Park) entire FAITH+1 album.

Updated SING ALONG WITH MITCH & THE GANG (Miller) album, but done as RAP ALONG WITH MITCH & THE GANG -- songs by Ice T, Vanilla Ice, Snoop Dog, LL Cool J, etc....

THE LAWRENCE WELK SHOW episode(s) devoted to rock music, 1967+ songs--Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Zeppelin, 'Stones, Boston, Kiss, etc....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:44:12 AM PST
S. Stalcup says:
Dank ya, dank ya, an vith Valentinez Day yoopon us, here's de Lennon Seesters vith ze persun to call ven yer broken 'earted by dat wunnerful group KISS, "Callin' Dr. Luff."

A1 an A2 . . .

Anna now, Myron Flor'n an JoAnn Castle, makin' sweet myoosick on dat Rollin' Stonez chesnut, "B-rown Su-gar, how come ya taste s'good?"

A1 an A2 . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:10:06 PM PST
Oh, I'd love to have those vanilla cuties, the Lennon Sisters, sing Sheena Easton's "Sugar Walls."

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:12:43 PM PST
I would have loved to have seen The Jefferson Airplane make an appearance on "Bewitched" back in '67 or '68, playing as the house band of the witches. I can imagine the look on Darrin's face as he hears Grace Slick belt out "Two Heads" while Sam tells him "she's the most powerful one of us all!".

And yes, I know Boyce And Hart made an appearance on the show in 1970.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:55:28 PM PST
B. Perry says:
I saw Lamb done by Genesis cover band Musical Box earlier this yr. Most excellent, and they have acquired the original film slides, costumes and instruments. Never saw the original, but even Gabriel gives it a thumbs-up.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:25:51 PM PST
J. Hand says:
Frank Zappa

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:47:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 15, 2012 3:33:01 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:45:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:50:23 AM PST
Joe Anthony says:
"Performances that you want to hear, that can never exist (because of space and time) :-("

Son of "Flintstone" says:

"Britney Spears sings The Great American Songbook. With lush orchestra. Preferably live on TV."

I say:

That might just happen someday. Who would think that Rod Stewart would be singing songs like that; back when he was singing "Do You Think I'm Sexy?"?

When I was growing up back in the 1970s and 1980s, as far as the baby boomers and even the generation Xers were concerned, Frank Sinatra was the epitome of square; it was "easy listening" music for your grandma and grandpa. Now everyone wants to be Frank Sinatra.

Everyone laughed at Sinatra when he tried to be more "current" by recording songs like "Mrs. Robinson" and "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown" (stuff that now sounds dated); but now singers from all eras from the bay boomer generation; through generations X and Y; are turning songs that were the foundation for singers like Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Tony Bennet...stuff by Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Harold Arlen, Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:40:59 AM PST
Well, my impetus for the Britney Spears sings standards is that I don't think she can really sing, and that she'll mature enough out of the Madonna-lite dance image she has to make something out of commercial character. But I could be wrong; could she be the next Diana Krall? :-)

If one could time travel back to 1978, the sense of WTF??? about Rod Stewart crooning standards would be a Niagara Falls 150 decibel roaring.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions