Customer Discussions > Music forum

Meade Skelton is really not that bad...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 11:06:16 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:41:59 AM PST
I thought the people with the least talent went country.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:41:38 PM PST
Working Man says:
What if we don't like piano music? You need to open you're mind.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:44:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:46:18 PM PST
<<<Many people don't like him because they are critics Like Brian.>>>

there are too many people who are much better than "not that bad".

too much music, too little time to waste on the mediocre.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:33:06 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:38:17 PM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:17:17 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2013 7:11:54 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:47:16 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 18, 2012 2:30:55 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:00:05 PM PST
D. Mok says:
Meade Skelton is not that bad. Meade Skelton is worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:22:17 PM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:32:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:34:01 PM PST
Brian says:
Meade, did you get tired of spamming the Gold Box Forum? Meade's names (in the Gold Box Forum) include...

Dr Poopy PhD
Sir Raichu
Frylock
Mayor McCheese
Mango Lloyd
~{La Minotaur}~
Sir Doctor Professor Raichu
Big Bird

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:38:07 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> You're just saying that to be mean.

Yep.
You, Meade Skelton, disrespect us with your mendacity. So why should we respect you?

As for your attacks on your detractors, it is not the job of a music critic to create music. A basketball fan doesn't need to be able to make even one out of 10 free throws in order to know the game and be able to write about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:38:25 PM PST
Working Man says:
Your hatred of pop and rock is pure ignorance, I respect your right to not like the music, but you belittle it think your opinion is only one that counts.

I am done wasting my on your posts, as you obviously refuse to respect the opinion of others.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:25:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:28:18 PM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:38:09 PM PST
<<<People that can't create, criticize. End of story. >>>
people who can't create record 'vanity' recordings that they sell out of their parents basement and then troll discussion groups for free publicity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:42:15 PM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:43:15 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> People that can't create, criticize. End of story.

People who don't know anything about critical writing talk garbage about critics. *That's* the story. It's precisely because you know nothing about journalistic writing that you think reviews and critical writing are actually easy. You think critics are "jealous"? Try Jean-Luc Godard or Francois Truffaut, film critics who became the most influential filmmakers of their generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:46:46 PM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:46:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:54:04 PM PST
<<So you want to bring someone else down for doing what you wish you could do yourself.>>>
Let my body go to hell and sing songs about fatty foods, sugary drinks and stalking washed up actresses?
I could do that.
I choose not to.
I have too much respect for myself.

The thing about Meade's music is it is so god awful that one needs no talent at all to write and perform his songs. In just the time it took to post this I could have written two songs about Meg Ryan and one about Hostess cupcakes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:51:28 PM PST
Brian says:
"I never said all critics were jealous."

Uhh...YES, YOU DID! According to you, anyone who doesn't enjoy your music (and trust me, there's a LOT) is "jealous".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:55:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:56:30 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:56:10 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:57:24 PM PST
Brian says:
Trust me, Meade, NOBODY is jealous of you.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:57:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 6:07:39 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> I never said all critics were jealous.

Flip-flopping already? I'll bet you're a Mitt Romney supporter:

> People that can't create, criticize.

> I simply say its [sic] easy for people to sit around and attack people for their work

And if you've done any journalistic writing, you would know it's anything but "easy". You think it's just about "attacking people for their work"? That's what two-bit self-proclaimed "reviewers" like you would do. A true review has to analyze the context of the work, select specific points, make comparisons to other works, and write in a crisp, engaging way that states the viewpoints clearly, capturing the attention of the reader. Just deciding whether something is three-star or four-star takes discretion and judgment.

> and at the same time they usually have nothing to offer in a creative sense themselves.

And you know this...how?
You're assuming critics aren't creative just because you don't like their opinions, without having a single scrap of information about what the creative life of these critics might be. Pathetic. If nothing else, ANALYTICAL WRITING is a creative endeavour, and not an easy craft to master.

> He writes about what he likes and loves. Thats why its [sic] good.

Preposterous. A six-year-old might write a tone-deaf song about how much he loves ice cream. Doesn't automatically make it good. This kind of shallowness is why you'll never pass the grade as a critical writer.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:59:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 6:03:49 PM PST
<<I simply say its easy for people to sit around and attack people for their work, regardless, and at the same time they usually have nothing to offer in a creative sense themselves>>
a performer performs for an 'audience'.
most of the 'audience' are not fellow performers.
saying an audience member has no right to be critical of a performer since they are not trained to perform themselves is just gersh dern silly.

If that is the best one can do. then I ask for the musical credentials from those who Praise Meade as well. One just cannot have it both ways now.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions