Customer Discussions > Music forum

R.I.P. Davy Jones

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 29, 2012 11:04:18 PM PST
Hinch says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 2:15:09 AM PST
Hinch says:
Another of my favorites

Valerie

http://youtu.be/tNqUufWLfZc

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 5:10:06 AM PST
R. Riis says:
A great all-round entertainer and a personal favorite. RIP.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 5:22:52 AM PST
A class act through and through Unlike a number of today's acts that feel compelled to shock their
audiences with foul language and obscene gestures to cover up their lack of talent (ie, MIA during the Super Bowl) Davy and the Monkees always put on a show that everyone could enjoy, both new and long time fans alike. 50 years from now no one will be singing Lady GaGa songs but I'm sure you'll still hear "I'm a Believer" on the radio. RIP Davy. You will be missed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 11:48:24 PM PST
Hinch says:
Nice post Janine!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:34:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 6:39:05 PM PST
T. LeBaron says:
Saw Peter, Davy & Micky many times since 1986 when they returned to the spotlight, and have to say, a classy show everytime. Perhaps the best tour ever was 2011. Lots of pleasant musical surprises and all that great footage behind them the whole show. I only wish i could've made it to this year's tour with Mike but have caught some of the songs on Youtube. Still a class act and I'm still a fan. have been since 1966...will always be a fan. Great songs, great songwriters and the material stands up just fine to this day. Very glad Micky's new album is out and can't wait for Peter's new Shoe Suede Blues CD. Keep the spirit alive, guys...your fans will always love you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:43:43 PM PST
Hinch says:
I had not heard Peter has an album coming. I met him about 30 years ago when I worked for Gibson guitars. I never saw The Monkees but I did see Mickey once in the late 90s. He did a surprisingly good performance. Davy was supposed to be there. He was on the bill separately but was a no-show.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions