Customer Discussions > Music forum

Looking for the WORST country music

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 250 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 14, 2013 10:34:16 PM PDT
Oh, it's pretty bad. A definite misfire.

Supremes Sing Country, Western & Pop

Diana Ross's high-pitched whining is annoying. Best tracks are the last three songs (on side two of the Lp). Nice idea, but the execution is wanting; one of those good ideas that didn't hit on all eight cylinders.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:25:10 PM PST
Is taylor swift autistic?
or is she just pandering to an audience made up mostly of the autistic?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:29:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 5:34:54 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Steelers fan says: "Hey, lay off Red. The greatest truck-driver balladeer who ever lived."

I thought that honor belonged to Boxcar Willie?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_13?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=boxcar+willie&sprefix=Boxcar+Willie%2Caps%2C272

Or maybe he's the greatest Train-driver balladeer?
If I were a Railroad Engineer, this is most definitely what I would listen to all day long......while pounding some Night Train Express, and good ganja!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:40:12 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
Nah, the worst Christmas album, ever, is, without doubt:

A Pan Pipes Christmas

My folks had a copy on cassette. It was red. The cheap shell made the tape squeal, which was an improvement over what was actually on the tape.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:35:37 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
Hey, lay off Red. The greatest truck-driver balladeer who ever lived. Or was that Dave Dudley? (I asked which one was the true trucker's singer on another thread once.) Red, FWIW, covered "Convoy", the biggest trucking hit. His version, naturally, sounds less corny and more authentic.

Come on back, truckers, and talk to Teddy Bear.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:20:31 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:16:21 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 6:07:25 PM PST
I count three, count 'em, three Charlie Daniels' Christmas albums, all a few years apart in the 2000s. That's a sure-fire sign of product desperation. I wonder what next: a with-orchestra duet with Barbara Streisand, with lots and lots of shimmering violins?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:58:35 PM PST
Looks like the negative fairies are following folks around again.

An enthusiastic endorsement of this greatest of Christmas albums:

Christmas With Red Sovine

If you ever need to clean out a room after a Christmas party, put this one on.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 2:04:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 2:39:00 PM PST
Hinch says:
Hank is also a multi-instrumentalist. When he was growing up his home had the company of artists such as Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Boots Randolph, former members of his father's band, and many others who he learned from.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:51:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 8:23:05 PM PST
Hinch says:
Hank Jr began his recording career in the mid-sixties at age twelve with an album of covers of his father's songs. He wanted to do his own music but his mother wanted to cash in on the popularity of his famous father.

Hank Jr didn't achieve big success until the seventies when he began recording and performing his own style of music which was nothing like his father's music.

I first heard him on the radio in the seventies on the local FM rock station, along with Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson, because country radio rejected them. Hank plays country, rock and blues.

My brother and I saw Hank jr live 15 years in a row. He always played to sold out audiences. At one time in the eighties he had 14 albums on the top 100 country charts. I'm sure he was drinking or drunk at quite a few shows, but I never saw him do a bad show.

Imo, he's one of THE greatest artists ever.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:24:59 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:23:24 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
Has there ever been worse fiddle playing than Charlie Daniels' in "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"? If so, I haven't heard it.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:22:06 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
Yeah, if you fathered four hundred children I guess your crotch wouldn't heal.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:23:07 PM PST
Garth, had talent but what he did (sales) really changed that business and today it's all pretty darn crappy.
Merle, Buck & Conway were rock 'n' rollers in the 1950's and then they done went bad!
Ernest Tubb is: C O U N T R Y

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:02:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 25, 2013 8:30:26 AM PDT]

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:33:51 PM PST
Jules says:
Hey, I met a lady who told me her son was one of Merle's mechanic! I was impressed:). Have to agree about Garth but he did pick some good songs written by good songwriters.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:31:35 PM PST
Country's Worst??------Hank Williams Jr.....hands down. He appeared at a
nearby county fair a couple years ago, and his singing was so out of tune
it was ridiculous. He's nowhere near the artist that his father was, and he's
only where he is now due to coming in on his father's coattails.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:58:03 PM PST
Wow, that's quite a quote but I really believe that Garth Brooks destroyed country music in the late 1980's acting like a bad rock star and selling 15 billion records to the blue-haired ladies. Ya wanna know country? Get yourself over to Merle's ranch near Redding and grab a beer and a 38 and help him kill some rattlesnakes! That's country.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:09:21 PM PST
Anything by Sugarland or Kenny Chesney makes my blood pressure skyrocket. Also the songs "Shake It For Me Girl", "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk", and "Jose Cuervo" which I am proud to say I don't have a friggin clue who sings them. Country music died around 1980 or so and all that's left is the smell of it's corpse.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:57:54 AM PST
barbW says:
Toby Keith?

Tell me this video isn't one of the greatest? Chocked full of life's lessons and realities. lol "That's just the cold hard truth!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:55:14 PM PST
John says:
Taylor Swift.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:08:35 PM PST
Jules says:
I was gonna add "four hundred children", but yours is waaaay better! ROFL!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:35:47 AM PST
Gena Chereck says:
My mother always used to mishear that line as "400 children and a crotch that won't heal." o_O

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:03:16 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
Four hungry children and the crops in the field.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:03:59 PM PST
Amen, brother. Every time I'd hear a KR country song in the late '70s, I'd cringe. Only one I liked was "Lucille," then despised everything since.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  250
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  May 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions