Customer Discussions > Music forum

Rock Music is the Devils Music !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 651-675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 7, 2012 6:41:03 PM PST
Donny and Marie slime?
The mind boggles....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 7:44:58 PM PST
No, but I upgraded (a little) Marie Osmond's age 13 PAPER ROSES Lp. Yeah, but it ain't for the reason you think.... Sonny James produced it. Marie was a dish in the '80s, but that dangerous man-trap kinda Osmonia chick: a wallet piranha. You see it all the time here; pent-up fully loaded returned missionary boy meets hot Molly, then find hisself working three jobs, miserable, and lots of responsibilities to the local powers-that-be.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:30:03 PM PST
stevign says:
Not personally, just the goo that is their kind of Pop.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:32:26 PM PST
stevign says:
So you're saying you bought it for the cover so you could drool on the photos of Marie at your leisure? Makes sense. ;~)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 5:40:49 AM PST
Oh, it's goo that you're after...now that makes perfect sense.
How many husbands has Marie Osmond already gone through?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 1:34:07 PM PST
stevign says:
Ok, I'll bite, how many?

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 6:31:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 6:25:39 PM PST
I checked as she married the same guy she divorced 26 years ago once again in May 2011. Third time at the altar and she still wears white. The devil went down to Utah.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 7:34:32 PM PST
stevign says:
re: (May 2011) "and she still wears white"

Wow, after all those years of marriage and she was still a virgin. Now "that" takes dedication!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 7:39:53 PM PST
How does she explain all of her children?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 8:00:51 PM PST
stevign says:
Very vaguely?

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:25:07 PM PST
She borrowed the kids from Angelina Jolie....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:31:14 PM PST
RVACountry Lover,
You need help! Rock is NOT the music of the devil. This rumor has been around since ROCK was young and called Rock and Roll.
It's dumb and insane. Get in this century!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:35:36 PM PST
ROFLMAO @ BLT.
I like your post.....lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:39:45 PM PST
Don't remind me. I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up....LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 8:56:11 PM PST
Ian Robinson,
Like your post, but let me share some knowledge with you and whoever else is interested.
I have done a lot of research on Rock, Rock and Roll, etc.
Rock and Roll was first named ROCK AND ROLL by Alan Freedman. I think he was a DeeJay back in the day. Anyway, he called it that because of the way kids were dancing to the music.
But I agree, nowadays, it is more about sex, or actually, sensual feelings.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:05:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 12:26:18 AM PST
Hinch says:
I don't know if Ian was trying to be facetious with his comments about Africans, or if he was serious, but I believe this is the first song to make use of the words "rock" and "roll" . The song is obviously about sex. A later example is Chuck Berry's ''Reelin and Rockin".

Trixie smith - "My Daddy Rocks Me (With One Steady Roll)" 1938

http://youtu.be/PvzmBA91P3c

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:22:56 PM PST
Redblaze,
This is cool. I've never heard this before.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:39:32 PM PST
You said it, The Christmas Boy!
I, myself, have nothing against other nations. I find I have a big major problem with Stupidity and Ignorance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:21:58 AM PST
J. Hand says:
"it is more about sex, or actually, sensual feelings. "

really?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:05:40 PM PST
Mr. P says:
Holly, thanks for sharing....but u may wanna check your info/sources before u post....

Think u mean the DJ, Alan Freed who popularised the phrase: Rock n' Roll in the 50's to the wider White mainstream. The phrase's origins are Black American ebonics and they were sometimes used profanely in Blues n Jazz recordings [later called R&B] way prior to Freed's use and before the term was later adopted as a genre title for White pop acts doing Black R&B [for that is all so-called Rock n Roll is; contrary to inacurate music journos who spread the misnomer it was a new genre created by fusing Blues and Hillbilly....in fact it was just an attempt at Blues by White Hillbillies.]

And while the etiology fo the word also had a sacred setting....as in the Black churches using the term to signify joy of praise/feeling the spirit; on the whole the use was profane and sexual. Anyt attempt by White journos/Freed to change the meaning was down to censors and White middle American TV sponsors....and nothing 2 do with the aqctual meaning. Freed was also adept at hiding the music's Black origins and it has been postulated that as well as a catchy/soundbite name to choose; it also meant it could be deemed less Black cos it wasnt called Rhythm n Blues....and it would sell nationwide better.

FYI: 'Roll' was Black US slang in that era's [50's] and previous era's Blues n Jazz & it meant one thing....it meant SEX!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:11:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 12:55:49 AM PST
Hinch says:
I just watched a story on CBS News 'Up To The Minute' about blues great Buddy Guy. In the interview segment, the interviewer mentioned the majority of the audience at his concerts are whites. Buddy said it doesn't matter to him who the audience is because "music don't have a color".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:27:41 AM PST
stevign says:
Unless you're talking about a White Power type of band, musicians don't care, they just want an audience, period. The unfortunate thing about Blues and Jazz is it still only brings in a small number of the music-buying public.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:56:39 AM PST
J. Hand says:
"...White Power type of band..."

I think that type of music was once called Oi! pronounced like 'oil' without the 'L' sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 1:36:07 PM PST
stevign says:
And the music is "IT"......pronounced with an "SH" it front of it. lolol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 3:14:43 PM PST
pandorafire says:
i think you need to do some research on the subject. Focus on the african tribal culture. Then mabe appologise for insulting and incorrectly portraying the cultural history of an entire country. Then go back and research the illuminati because it is obvious that you have no idea what the premiss of it is. Then think about the fact that every song has a different meaning for each person that hears it, ask yourself why you see the devil everywhere and seek out a good therapists.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  187
Total posts:  1071
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2011
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions