Customer Discussions > Music forum

Meade Skelton is really not that bad...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 24, 2013 8:47:20 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 24, 2013 8:47:24 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 4:51:04 PM PST
"Meade Skelton is really not that bad... "

So even Meade admits that he is not THAT bad, but self-proclaims that he is bad!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 5:07:48 PM PST
And it shows as a verified sale, too. Reviewed but didn't listen to it. LOL.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 4:34:50 PM PST
http://www.amazon.com/Rachmaninoff-Symphonic-Paganiniana-Philadelphia-Orchestra/product-reviews/B003QVRJUY/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

pinsky reviews the wrong album.

but instead of deleting the review when he discovers his mistake, he just adds a comment.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 3:56:30 PM PST
Music Luver says:
"Meade Skelton is really not that bad... "

He's really not that good either.......

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 3:24:45 PM PST
I wish this infernal thing had smileys so I could put a BIG laughing goofball on this (my post here) post:

:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 6:32:50 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Son of Flintstone says: "I checked out the guy's samples on that CD, and it's just noodling around on a cheap keyboard"

Yikes! Seriously! It sounds like someone's cat prancing around on a Casio that someone picked up at Best Buy.

And his deluded self-promotion is over the top ostentatious. He actually manages to make Meade Skelton look honest and likable.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:57:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 1:13:00 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgsTyAxLygk

the 25 views here says it all.

(at the time of this writing... I'm sure a few more views will be added).

He still has the writing style and attitude of a precocious adolescent who MAY have matured into a functional author and/or musician. however, he just got stuck there in that self absorbed whiny phase of development. He throws a conniption fit whenever some sort of criticism (even constructive) is thrown his way.
"I'm talented, my parents told me so"...

At his age, I don't think he will ever get 'over' himself.

nothing worse than a middle age man acting like a brat and throwing a tantrum.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 11:19:32 AM PST
D. Mok says:
That product description is *horribly* written, trying to aim for cheap sentimentality ("Ooh, look, a baby!"). Mr. Pinsky doesn't seem to have an editor to tell him how to write a proper blurb. The concept isn't bad, but with writing this bad, Mr. Pinsky can expect to stay squarely in the realm of self-publication. "Loving Lake"? Good Lord.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 10:47:29 AM PST
I like you. :-)

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 10:29:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 10:35:54 AM PST
Neila

the product description is gut busting.
and don't forget the 'about the author'.

"the first of seven, soon to be a movie"
Kind of deluded self aggrandising for a self published book.

but read the reviews, he either doesn't even try to hide the fact that they were all written by the same person or he is just exceedingly inept at doing so.
"can't wait for the movie" one ends.
"can't wait for the next book" another ends.
etc.

It is a toss up who is worse. I'm leaning toward Pinsky, at least Meade plays for free in Coffee houses. I don't think Pinsky has any interaction with the real world at all.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 9:02:05 AM PST
About Robin Morris:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=robin+morris#/ref=sr_pg_2?rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3A%22robin+morris%22&page=2&keywords=%22robin+morris%22&ie=UTF8&qid=1356886639

He's prolific. Keyboard programming, no band, lots of rock covers. CD-Rs, self-produced.

I also suggest Bob Ralston's FEELINGS album on Ranwood (organ and moog alternating pop tunes circa 1976).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 8:37:06 AM PST
He does move his name around, though. And self-reviews. If you check out the guy's reviewers, he's a lot like Meade's self-use of pen-names, multiple IDs, and they all seem to be fairly recent. The key to the sock puppets is looking up their IDs and checking out their reviews: most are one-offs or two, about Pinsky's listings. He's also listed a first-of... science fiction book, too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=pinsky

I checked out the guy's samples on that CD, and it's just noodling around on a cheap keyboard, original (er, uncredited) tunes. Closest guy I've run down like him is a South African guy, Robin Morris, who made one-man-band keyboard synth tunes to Rolling Stones, Doors, and recognizable rock songs, appropriately credited. (I have a BAD music interest in moog and Hammond organ skating rink type of easy listening albums with rock or C&W tunes made to the style of Bob Ralston with the Lawrence Welk Show--stuff like the Moog Cookbook, MOOG ROCK, COUNTRY MOOG, NASHVILLE MOOG, etc.... Hence my interest in LOVE SONGS BY... album when all this started months ago.)

Pinsky hasn't listed anything at CDbaby.com. Er, yet? Loads of self-produced vanity/private press stuff over there. The kind of stuff I've been looking for on vinyl while junking for 30 years, where the songs don't fit. Ah...Mormon high school glee club alternative rock albums by a theater teacher; so many Lettermen, Paul Williams, and Carpenters' songs rendered by 17 year old amateurs muffing bass and guitar runs....

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:48:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 2:54:19 AM PST
actually, I discovered him on a pointless review of a classical disc.
He has tried to engage me in the comment section.

He has taken the MS "you are jealous" to a whole new level of "bakersfield chimp".

Hindemith: Sancta Susanna

but check out this comment of a review of his.

"well written review the man understands what he reads and expresses himself so well "

He actually wrote that about a review he wrote.

see why I was reminded of Meade Skelton?

http://www.amazon.com/review/R11AO413A1TDFR/ref=cm_aya_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1589633121#wasThisHelpful

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 8:00:06 PM PST
Thanks for the tip. Have you read the guy's reviews? Has some OPINIONS about classical releases; comments sections on the earlier ones are like trench warfare.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 10:23:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 10:24:46 AM PST
folks,
sorry, I bumped this thread and then I deleted the post since I thought it was kind of goofy.
I'll leave this one up.

at least Meade doesn't have the hubris to review his own music under his own name.
check out the arrogance in third person in the one written by Martin L. Pinsky.

http://www.amazon.com/Toys-Prairie-Martin-Lawrence-Pinsky/product-reviews/B008B04WAA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 8:56:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 8:56:52 AM PST
D. Mok says:
> Like doesnt [sic] "My sweet Lord" sound similar to "He's so Fine" by the Sharellles?

No, because there's no such group as "The Sharellles". The Shirelles recorded songs such as "I Met Him on a Sunday" and "Will You Love Me Tomorrow". "He's So Fine", however, is by The Chiffons.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 2:58:26 AM PST
Crikeydingo says:
I've been waiting a lifetime for a song about tea

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:45:26 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:22:47 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 3:21:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 3:48:31 PM PST
I know Columbia's honky tonk, via those Don Law/Frank Jones GREAT West Texas walking bass shuffle songs since I had Ray Price autograph several of his 1955-65 Lps for me. It went underground when Ray did "Danny Boy" in 1966. Charlie Walker, Johnny Bush, Little Jimmy Dickens, all that stuff.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 2:43:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 25, 2012 2:52:31 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 2:25:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 2:27:35 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 8:09:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 8:12:45 AM PST
I got it. "Alcohol Is Poison" is Charlie Walker's 1960 West Texas honky tonk dance hall shuffle song, "Who Will Buy the Wine" with new words. Oh, dear. Don Law and Frank Jones Columbia Records era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xo5GWA2ADU

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:56:20 PM PST
"he has a great voice."

Then why doesn't he use it?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:55:37 PM PST
Meade speaks of himself in the third person. Hilarious!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions