Customer Discussions > Music forum

How many Meade's are there?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 75 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2012 6:58:24 PM PDT
Fischman says:
As a youngster I remember reading a short story by Arthur C. Clark called "The Nine Billion Names of God."

If Sir Arthur was around now, I think he could write a companion piece called "The Nine Billion Names of E. F. Haufe.

In addition, he's appeared wigh such monikers as Meade Skelton, Brian, Son of Flintstone, and McCheese.

Any I missed?

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 7:15:44 PM PDT
The Return says:
Your anger is going to eat you from the inside to the outside. Let go of your hatred and breathe in the scent of love.

Waste not your emotions on such trivialities.

Rather than gnash your teeth and pound your fists over this, try to keep in mind: "It's only the internet."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 5:52:01 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 7:03:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 6:54:36 AM PDT
How many Meade's what?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 9:46:20 AM PDT
<<How many Meade's what? >>
from the urban dictionary.
""Meade Skelton is a Richmond resident who posts praises of himself under aliases in numerous internet forums. A self described artist, is usually ridiculed for being narcissistic, unimaginative, and untalented.

Meade Skelton has been laughed out of forums for years.""

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 3:48:09 PM PDT
Fischman says:
"Your anger is going to eat you from the inside to the outside. Let go of your hatred and breathe in the scent of love."

What anger? What hatred? Just asking a question out of curiosity.

"Waste not your emotions on such trivialities."
Now that's good advice! Thank you.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:44:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 12, 2012 7:44:46 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:04:10 AM PST
Fischman says:
And we can now add RVACountryLover to the list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 10:17:19 AM PST
Your too funny to be Meade!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:01:03 PM PST
We need the Match Game's Gene Rayburn to ask that question.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 2:39:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 2:39:53 PM PST
Gene Rayburn:"dumb dora is so dumb....she thinks Meade Skelton is ________"

Fannie Flagg: "talented"
brett summers: "good songwriter"
richard dawson: "in good shape"
charles nelson reilly: "heterosexual"

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:20:29 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 7:04:00 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:58:37 PM PST
That is just bizarre! You have done a lot of homework. You know more than I do. You may be right...

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:58:59 AM PST
Having read posts regarding Meade Skelton for months now and seeing as how there seems to be a sudden flurry of threads by or about him, curiosity finally won out and I decided to check it out myself to see what all the fuss was about. So I went and listened to some of his MP3 samples.

What I heard was pretty much what one might expect from a "lounge act". I agree it does sound dated from the 70s and is certainly unremarkable but, objectively speaking, not as bad as I was expecting. (Maybe everyone's posts had just been so negative that the material simply couldn't live down to such low expectations. Sort of like "overhyped" in reverse!)

Still, I've certainly heard a lot worse!

As for all of the aliases, I'm pretty sure "Brian" isn't one, unless Meade is actually using the pseudonym to pan his own albums!

It's clear, though, that the guy has "issues" ranging from being "mildly disturbed" to allegedly "autistic" to possibly entering "Sybil" territory.

For that reason, I tend to see the simple fact that he's able to write, perform and record his music, however mediocre, as something of an accomplishment in itself. Kind of like the Special Olympics.

And for that same reason, I tend to see attacking him in these forums as being basically equivalent to attacking Forrest Gump or that kid on "Parenthood"!

Anyway, my suggestion to Everyone would be to simply stop engaging with him and ignore him entirely. Literally, push the "Ignore" option on all of his aliases. Ignore his spam and his bait and refuse to bite. Eventually, he may go away. (But you won't know because you would have been ignoring him all along!)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:58:22 AM PST
Fischman says:
Every time I "ignore," new aliases pop up. I actually hope the guy gets a legit gig--then he wouldn't have so much time to infiltrate threads with bogus accounts!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:49:45 AM PST
I listened to his music yesterday. I see no gigs in his future. Do you really think that Son Of Flintstone is one of the aliases?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:55:08 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:59:16 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:10:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 8:15:52 AM PST
<<<<His music is very good and he gets plenty of gigs. How many songs do you write? Let's hear your records so we can critique yours? Maybe you think you are better because you're old and you have more experience. But you dont have anything to show for it. So you attack a young man with talent. Get a life. >>>>

If you are indeed his manager, should your public relations policy really include this sort of insulting vitriol?

Meade Skelton's music has taken a back seat to the insults spammed over this and other forums by his rabid fans(and/or his manager and/or meade himself).

Getting the word out about an artist is one thing. Participating in a propaganda style smear campaign over anyone who doesn't share your love for that artist is far different.
starting thread after thread on the same subject is a sort of harassment of this forum and MS is the one who is going to bear the cross for that.

It gives a negative first impression of MS to people who have never heard of him and therefore, it alienates potential fans.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:17:18 AM PST
D. Mok says:
> His music is very good and he gets plenty of gigs. How many songs do you write? Let's hear your records so we can critique yours?

A lot of people don't have musical talent, and wisely decide to stay out of music. And then there's Meade "RVACountryLover" Skelton, who has no musical talent but insists on bombarding us with his garbage. So, who's worse?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:28:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 8:32:34 AM PST
<<<And as far as "lounge act", Meade is clearly part of the Coffeeshop Country Music genre. >>>
the 'coffee house' has started the careers of a few people.
Questions--
How long has he been singing in coffee houses?
Why hasn't he risen above those type of venues?

At this point in his career, he has got to realize that whatever chance he had of making it big, is long gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:32:59 AM PST
Fischman says:
I saw a post some time ago that seemed to me to be a dead giveaway that SoF and Meade were one in the same. At this point, I don't recall the post or even the thread (there are so many). Time is too precious to waste going back and digging for it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:58:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 9:16:15 AM PST
<<<I saw a post some time ago that seemed to me to be a dead giveaway that SoF and Meade were one in the same.>>>
He is now in his thirties and his 'musical career' is stalled at the place it was 10 years ago. He has nothing better to do. He is still in denial that he could make it big.
This whole exercise is a way to keep his attention from this fact that he IS at the height of his career.
perhaps Jenny needs a wedding singer or Jimmy needs a bar mitzvah singer and he might still be able to get a paying gig here and there.
coffee houses with their 2-3 dollar cover charges is as close as he is going to get to the big time.

Kind of a sad little story.

Maybe he could get involved with some trailer park trash (male, female or best yet both) and make become a TV star on an episode of 'Jerry Springer'. they let even less talented people than him sing their songs on that show. It might be worth it for the exposure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:03:45 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 7:04:57 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:53:12 AM PST
Musicologist says:
To many.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Song Game...10 songs where.... 4972 7 minutes ago
The Music Of Our Lives 7028 14 minutes ago
Musical Mt. Rushmore 59 1 hour ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 4093 2 hours ago
What were the Last Five CD's You Purchased...(Be Honest). 4451 2 hours ago
Obamas war on women 1069 3 hours ago
Long Careers in Music 62 5 hours ago
who was john belko? 0 5 hours ago
Pork and the Havana Ducks 151 5 hours ago
Your Favorite Song By . . . 2714 6 hours ago
A Taste of 2014... 1154 7 hours ago
Why Pat Boone is Better than Elvis 305 12 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  75
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions