Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-40 of 40 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 16, 2012 3:52:11 PM PST
Hinch says:
.....or if you want the hits Original Album Classics 2

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:01:20 PM PST
Lest we forget Queenie Wahines Papaya from "Paradise, Hawiian style":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo1VyM5TEnY

Very few people give Elvis fair due for his expertise on the minnie uke.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:19:56 PM PST
Minnie Uke?
Wasn't she Mickey's girlfriend?

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:23:05 PM PST
Nah, that was goofy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:27:04 PM PST
Hinch says:
He was almost as good with the uke as he was on a guitar with no strings.

http://youtu.be/r4wlVfF7DgA

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:03:03 PM PST
Elvis stole the no-string guitar bit from Madonna....Foul!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:59:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 3:00:21 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
Happy Birthday ELVIS ! YOU ARE THE GREATEST ! and you are also 78 TODAY!

Looks like the King's love for Hawaii lives on... Elvis's birthday is today and it's marked by a new CD release commemorating his legacy in Hawaii.

"Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite: Legacy Edition" marks the 40th anniversary of the one-hour satellite broadcast Elvis made from the Honolulu International Center Arena (now known as the Blaisdell Arena) in January 1973.

Putting it in some perspective, the show marked the first time that a full-length concert was broadcast around the world. It broke records, reaching over 40 countries with a viewing audience of roughly 1.5 billion people worldwide.

The release package is the first time that the Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite show will be coupled with The Alternate Aloha, another live performance. The double-CD package will be available March 19, 2013 through RCA/Legacy.

There has never been, not now or ever will be anyone to compare to Elvis. His range of vocals far surpasses any other entertainer bar none. I love his music!

Elvis Presley fans from as far as Japan and Brazil gathered Tuesday in Memphis to sing "Happy Birthday" to the late rock 'n' roll icon on the day he would have turned 78.

Hundreds of Elvis devotees watched as 13-year-old Isabella Scott cut a birthday cake on the lawn at Graceland, the singer's longtime Memphis home. Scott heads an Internet-based Elvis fan club with more than 2,000 members.

The mayors of Memphis and Shelby County also read a proclamation of Elvis Presley Day during the ceremony, which was attended by fans from Brazil, England, France, Japan, Spain and the U.S.
Now over 50 years he still is the greatest artist who ever lived and still growing number of fans celebrate his music and his birthday!
Long live the King of Rock n' Roll who broke down every barrier so other artists could walk through!
Nobody singular or group Revolutionized the way we see and hear music, and no one ever will. He still is on top of the world!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:14:55 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "Another sign of the apocalypse: people are actually sitting around waiting and hoping for ELVIS FAN to appear"

LOLOLove it. I especially like it when he shows up with his cross and wearin' his best polyester Elvis suit. He sets up his little ladder, climbs up there and his assistant nails him to it. Then it begins, he starts preachin' the Word of Elvis. "CAN I GET A WITNESS?" You gotta admit, the man does know how to draw a crowd.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:22:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 3:25:43 PM PST
alysha25 says:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS!

I'm ashamed to admit I have no Elvis on my computer or ipod. But I found this CD in my husband's collection -"Elvis An Afternoon in the Garden".

It reminds me a bit of the Hawaii Concert you posted. It's a 1972 Madison Square Garden Concert, so that was the year before the Hawaii one. And it caught my eye that it starts with the same "2001: A Space Odyssey" intro. That seems odd for Elvis, but he must have liked it! And the playlist is shorter but seems to have a lot of the same songs .

The new Hawaii Concert release looks like a great CD. Probably be cool to see it on DVD, too bad That is out of print.

If Elvis were still alive in some alternate universe, I wonder if he'd still be performing, or making albums at 78?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:36:34 PM PST
I posted this on the wrong Elvis thread. I get so confused sometimes.

Anyway, Elvis liked Hawaii because it was the farthest the Colonel would allow Elvis to go (outside the army) that was still on American soil.

I actually like most of his Hawaii stuff. "Blue Hawaii" is one of my favorite films of his. I can actaully see him enjoying himself in this one.

"Paradise, Hawaiian style" however, is just silly.

Another of Elvis' color movies that I rate highly is "Follow that dream".

This was the closest Elvis came to acting like who he really might have been.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:03:46 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Elvis Presley fans from as far as Japan and Brazil gathered Tuesday in Memphis to sing "Happy Birthday" to the rock 'n' roll icon on the day he would have turned 78.
He may be in a town near you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:04:45 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
He is !He is performing in Heaven for Jesus his idol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 10:58:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 11:02:15 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roh2vIM_EAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_cStbirsCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLdF7ONGts

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 11:04:09 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
We can only thank God that you are not a film critic. SO your opinion is just that. And not a very honest one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:18:53 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
All of them. Actually if you enjoy Gospel he has the best records of gospel ever recorded.
"Gospel music is the purest thing there is on this earth," Elvis Presley once said.
How Great Thou Art Audio CD has 16 great songs including grammy winner :"How great thou art"
Good place to start is Essential Elvis Presley CD
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 772 39 seconds ago
1966...The Beatles Revolver. .The Rolling Stones Aftermath...The Beach Boys Pet Sounds. . 96 4 minutes ago
A "May of '71" Matchup : Every Picture Tells A Story by Rod Stewart or What's Going On by Marvin Gaye 8 7 minutes ago
They are not from the same year but...Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin or The Wall by Pink Floyd 0 12 minutes ago
American Music And The British Invasion Part III 547 21 minutes ago
Roger Waters says "I was wrong" regarding Pink Floyd legal battles and says he will record a new solo album. 247 1 hour ago
Most compelling line in a song. 2376 1 hour ago
An October 1972 matchup: "Talking Book" by Stevie Wonder or "For The Roses" by Joni Mitchell 3 1 hour ago
Make a double album of nothing but B sides... 0 1 hour ago
Pink Floyd new music? 143 1 hour ago
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction vs. Tesla - Mechanical Resonance 11 1 hour ago
Part 3 of Alex Orbison interview, new Brian Setzer and more! 0 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions