Elton John is better than the Beatles.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 641 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 24, 2012 5:34:54 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:51:01 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:21:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2012 6:22:02 AM PST
vivazappa says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 6:25:01 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:51:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 6:31:17 AM PST
Not even close, bud. Even Elton would laugh that you could even insinuate such a thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 8:27:54 PM PST
Working Man says:
You cannot give Elton credit for his songwriting alone. Bernie Taupin was his songwriting partner.

Elton had a lot of great songs and lot of songs that I really cannot listen to anymore. "Bennie and the Jets"? "Crocodile Rock"? Come on, they were catchy pop songs that I liked when I was 12 years old.

I very, very rarely listen to Elton anymore. I agree Tumbleweed Connection was a good album and some of his songs are great and I still enjoy them but I listen to the Beatles much more than Elton. Also, most everything the Beatles did was very good and they had lot's of really good and underrated solo material in 70's while Elton lost me with Captain Fantastic.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 8:51:32 PM PST
obviously folks dont seem to get That with out the Beatles There would Be No Elton John simple as That, There'd be nothing we'd be subjected to Fabian

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 9:23:05 PM PST
Elton? Better than the Beatles? Sorry, not even close.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 9:35:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2012 9:35:31 PM PST
Is "I'm Still Standing, Yeah Yeah Yeah'' .... better than The Beatles?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 9:40:11 PM PST
Indeed, The Yeah Yeah yeah just goes to show That Without the beales Elton is Nothing :P

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 9:52:35 PM PST
BlankFrank says:
Elton is an amazing talent. The Beatles were an amazing talent. Comparing the two is like comparing oranges to other oranges.

The Beatles revolutionized the way music was made, the way it was performed, the way it was listened to and they did it all on a FOUR TRACK ANALOG tape machine. Elton probably has at least 64 tracks available, all digital. When the Beatles made "Sgt Pepper", it was a move in a completely different direction..........for everyone. There was nothing like it before and everything's been different since. The Beatles changed everything. They changed a generation and everything that came after. 42 years after they played their last note together people still know, love and purchase their music.

"Tumbleweed Connection" was not Elton's first and only Country Rock album. "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" certainly had it's country moments.

And for those of you who do not yet have it, grab a copy of Elton's "The Union" with Leon Russell. It is a masterpiece.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 3:52:34 AM PST
K. Carter says:
Even Elton would laugh at this thread.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 7:37:28 AM PST
Who are these "Beatles" I keep reading about around here? They must be just dreadful, from the sounds of it!

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 8:31:23 AM PST
vivazappa says:
#1 Snob:
Beetles are Volkswagons!

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 9:54:58 AM PST
Elton John, much like the Beatles did not make his musical genius alone. Some fellow named Bernie Taupin had a lot to do with it too, just as John, Paul and George all had a part in making them what made them famous, along with the technical knowledge and patience of George Martin listening to what they wanted to sound like and making it happen. Elton and The Beatles were very lucky to have such partners in the studio. And they were all very talented.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 11:43:59 AM PST
walker says:
The beatles are awful. Elton John is way better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012 11:45:58 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 25, 2012 11:46:50 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012 4:24:17 PM PST
barbW says:
I see you have an opinion, but what is it based upon? Have you compared the scores of the songs or is it merely that some performances appeal to you, due to your age group, and some don't?

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 5:13:43 PM PST
Does Elton John dislike the Beatles? I always figured as contemporaries of each other and being rock players from England they had a lot in common. And Elton covered "Lucy". I'm not sure about the supposition of this question. I think they probably have a healthy respect for each other. And if there was some flack it's probably so long ago neither of them remembers, i sure don't.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 6:15:35 PM PST
Elton John and John Lennon were good friends. John actually ended his long hiatus away from performing live to appear with Elton onstage. He had promised Elton that if Whatever Gets you Thru The Night, which Elton sang and played piano on, made it to number 1, he would join him onstage. The songs they performed together, Whatever Gets you Thru The Night, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds and I Saw Her Standing There, are on the Elton John album Here And There.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 8:45:55 PM PST
K. Kreycik says:
70's Elton John is without a doubt superior to the Beatles. The vocals, different music styles (per song), chord progressions, and the fabulous harmonies are unsurpassed. The Beatles can't touch this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 1:28:58 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
Good post. That pretty much sums it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 1:57:00 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
They respected each other. But Elton was the better musician. Elton knew that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012 3:53:38 PM PST
Diamond is a well respected artist by the public and by most important critics...he made many classic albums... and...well... i'm not even a fan of him... it's just facts...
If he was not that good he would not be in the cult 70s event "The Last Waltz" ... + at least he is not gay...him... :-) hehe...

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 3:56:03 PM PST
ANd neil diamond performed in black face.
IN a major Hollywood movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nHkOKYht98

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:12:29 PM PST
I wouldn't go that far but he WAS incredibly consistent from the early to mid 1970's. He made some stunning albums during that period. However, there were others that contributed to those great albums(Bernie, his band, the producer Gus).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  140
Total posts:  641
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions